Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old Today, 04:17 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
It's so effing hot over here in Port Augusta in South Australia just broke the record for the hottest temp of 52C a lot of areas are 47C in NSW where Iam.
I'm lucky though it's 31 for me but the humidity is 81% on top so I get to cook and self baste at the same time
Are you serious right now?... Summer of 2018, where about as hot as it has gotten here in Sweden, of 30+. I mean, people could barely take it and you say you're lucky you have 31? Damn dude

Old Today, 04:37 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
Are you serious right now?... Summer of 2018, where about as hot as it has gotten here in Sweden, of 30+. I mean, people could barely take it and you say you're lucky you have 31? Damn dude
Yes mate I'm serious 31 is much better than high 40's or even 52 like the poor buggers in South Aus, it's 34 now with 77% humidity it's gotten hotter a the day went on that temp was at about 1030am here it's now 336pm
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=MSI X370 Gaming M7 ACK=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=Asus ROG Swift=Corsair K95 RGB=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Old Today, 04:53 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
Yes mate I'm serious 31 is much better than high 40's or even 52 like the poor buggers in South Aus, it's 34 now with 77% humidity it's gotten hotter a the day went on that temp was at about 1030am here it's now 336pm
Holy... I’m not jealous at all and glad I don’t like there. I would seriously not cope with that heat. I almost passed out at work when it was around 30C during last summer.
On top of that, I’m also a ginger/redhead, so I’m more sensitive to the sun and heat than others as well.
Old Today, 05:18 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
Holy... I’m not jealous at all and glad I don’t like there. I would seriously not cope with that heat. I almost passed out at work when it was around 30C during last summer.
On top of that, I’m also a ginger/redhead, so I’m more sensitive to the sun and heat than others as well.
I hear what you're saying I don't like the heat either I"m first generation Aussie from Scottish decent, and as you know they're not white but pale blue it takes a week of sunbathing before they turn white ROFL!
In all seriousness though we are in a massive drought over here ATM and it's only going to get hotter it's early summer here
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=MSI X370 Gaming M7 ACK=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=Asus ROG Swift=Corsair K95 RGB=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Old Today, 09:13 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
The ceiling will eventually let go man. Look at the large crack. That is where the water was running through. The ceiling has already collapsed inside the boiler cabinet. The light is hanging off ffs.

And none of it has been repaired. The wiring is also prehistoric. TBH I am amazed it got through a safety check.

Can't wait to get out, and into somewhere more secure and warm. It's not nice not having a place you can call home.
To be honest, I am pretty sure you have a duty of care to report this to the authorities and can go completely around her. She would also have to pay your legal bills if any.

The place is unsafe for the next tenant and they are going to move in unaware of the severity. Authorties need to shut her down for sure.
Old Today, 11:03 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
To be honest, I am pretty sure you have a duty of care to report this to the authorities and can go completely around her. She would also have to pay your legal bills if any.

The place is unsafe for the next tenant and they are going to move in unaware of the severity. Authorties need to shut her down for sure.
I did that a year ago dude. It started civil, then after 7 weeks it went criminal. The problem is? no one can find her. It's totally bizarre.

Basically over two years ago the local council were ragging on the land folks (who own the flats) to paint the outside of the building. It's a shared freehold, so all land folk (ladies and gents) need to get together and agree. Now basically my landlady refused to pay it, as it was £2k each. Then the council started sending ever more threatening letters saying that they were going to eventually paint the building themselves, do all the repairs, then drop the owners a bill.

So, the landlord in the top flat decided to get the work done and send her the bill. He did, and she ignored him. So, he started legal proceedings and to this day the bailiffs have been unable to find her. She owns about seven properties, and no one seems to be able to track her down.

A social worker of mine from MIND did get through to her on the phone once, and she told him that before she would speak to him she would require written agreements from me. So we wrote up the letter, he posted it and then she blocked his phone number.

There are no words to describe her dude. She's truly vile.

Old Today, 12:01 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
I did that a year ago dude. It started civil, then after 7 weeks it went criminal. The problem is? no one can find her. It's totally bizarre.

Basically over two years ago the local council were ragging on the land folks (who own the flats) to paint the outside of the building. It's a shared freehold, so all land folk (ladies and gents) need to get together and agree. Now basically my landlady refused to pay it, as it was £2k each. Then the council started sending ever more threatening letters saying that they were going to eventually paint the building themselves, do all the repairs, then drop the owners a bill.

So, the landlord in the top flat decided to get the work done and send her the bill. He did, and she ignored him. So, he started legal proceedings and to this day the bailiffs have been unable to find her. She owns about seven properties, and no one seems to be able to track her down.

A social worker of mine from MIND did get through to her on the phone once, and she told him that before she would speak to him she would require written agreements from me. So we wrote up the letter, he posted it and then she blocked his phone number.

Then you simply stop paying her rent, and she will come to collect it
You are by law allowed to withhold rent as she has broken the contract agreement. Your home is no longer safe.
Old Today, 12:04 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:

My last land lord was a mouldy bag of di%^s, The ground floor was damp, I mean REALLY damp, My bedroom had quite a large/tall wall, The whole thing was black with fungus, I had to have a dehumidifier on 12 hours a day just to pull the water out of the walls and quite a few times get some very toxic acid like substance to try and kill the fungus.

The problem was further increased when he decided to put pebble dashing on straight after it rained, Heavily, Sealing in the water making the problem worse.

Due to the overly damp conditions I developed breathing problems, I've always had a tiny tiny amount of asthma but nothing that affected me in any meaningful way, But waking up in the middle of the night fighting for your breath because your lungs have an excess amount of mucus on them due to the fungus filled air is terrifying.

Also the kitchen was a bit of an add-on to the actual house, The roof was so damp that in the middle of making crimbo dinner the whole thing collapsed on me and ruined 200 quids worth of food I was preparing for the family, Dad, Cousins, Aunt etc... but apparently that was my fault, I lost my temper with him face to face and held him up against a wall as I simply had enough of his BS, He gave me 200 quid on the spot, Fixed the roof and then a few months later I finally found a place and moved.

Anyone who rents out flats or houses to people should be tested beforehand by multiple registered therapists as from my own experience the majority of landlords and land ladies are satanic.
Old Today, 12:11 PM
OC3D Elite

tbh the people at fault are the authorities failing to act on people like you complaining with problems.

Seems like nothing is really done, even if your own health is at risk. Anyone can rent out their abode providing a contract is in place. The only law I believe, is that you cannot buy property and instantly lease/rent it out.

In the contract there should be a section based on what is not covered. What you describe is a death trap. And there needs to be harsh penalties on the landlords/ladies. Seems like they get away with too much.

I am renting out my first property here in norway. My tenants experienced mould which was creeping in from the apartment buildings ventilation. As I didn't do enough to remedy this (I did try a quick fix) I was slapped with a £2300 fine (20,000kr). And rightly so. I should have got a professional to fix it instead of doing it myself. I deserved the fine. The authorities here are HEAVILY in favour of the tenants, and that is how it should be everywhere.

Tags
banter, conversation, entertainment, fun, jokes, safe for work, small talk