Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Cooling - Other

Old 11-11-17, 08:42 PM
OC3D Crew

Yes you can.

AMD R7 1800X-Asus Crosshair VI Hero-16GB GSkill 3200mhz-Corsair HX1000-XSPC Raystorm Copper Edition-Dual D5 Pumps-Corsair Force 3 SSD-Sapphire Fury X2-Corsair 900D-Windows 10 Pro-Dell U3011-Dell 2007FP
Old 11-11-17, 08:44 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyKong View Post
Yes you can.
Great. Thanks!

Any suggestions on mounting the 6 LT to a flat vertical surface without drilling holes into my case? I'm thinking double sided sticky pads fixed onto each corner standoff, but I don't know how heavy the 6 LT is and I don't know if it'll be stable enough.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 11-11-17, 09:21 PM
OC3D Crew

I had the LCD version, so I can't tell you for sure on that one. If the standoff's get the pcb off the metal, I think that might work. It should not be that heavy depending on how much the molex pulls on it.
AMD R7 1800X-Asus Crosshair VI Hero-16GB GSkill 3200mhz-Corsair HX1000-XSPC Raystorm Copper Edition-Dual D5 Pumps-Corsair Force 3 SSD-Sapphire Fury X2-Corsair 900D-Windows 10 Pro-Dell U3011-Dell 2007FP
Old 13-11-17, 08:49 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyKong View Post
I had the LCD version, so I can't tell you for sure on that one. If the standoff's get the pcb off the metal, I think that might work. It should not be that heavy depending on how much the molex pulls on it.
The controller does get a little toasty though. Not very warm, but warm enough to soften any adhesive holding it up.
Old 13-11-17, 05:19 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
The controller does get a little toasty though. Not very warm, but warm enough to soften any adhesive holding it up.
Someone recommended Velcro's Heavy Duty Stick On which has a much higher adhesive melting temperature.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 14-11-17, 08:39 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
Someone recommended Velcro's Heavy Duty Stick On which has a much higher adhesive melting temperature.
Might be the way to go then. Its not hot to the touch, just warm. Always wondered with they have a waterblock accessory though. I assume you can load it hard which would indeed crank up the temp.

Mine is running 20 fans and 2 pumps.
Old 14-11-17, 11:58 AM
OC3D Elite

Yup they do run very hot. My mate has cooled his, IIRC.

Edit so that it doesn't seem like I am just being a dhole. My mate has his fully loaded up. Couple of pumps, lots of fans, lots of flow meters etc so he can get alarms on coolant temps and so on. So his one does run very hot, but then it would, it's loaded to the hilt with gear.

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Old 14-11-17, 01:30 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Yup they do run very hot. My mate has cooled his, IIRC.

Edit so that it doesn't seem like I am just being a dhole. My mate has his fully loaded up. Couple of pumps, lots of fans, lots of flow meters etc so he can get alarms on coolant temps and so on. So his one does run very hot, but then it would, it's loaded to the hilt with gear.
yeah but for what AGF wants, I dont think it will be so taxing on the controller so a strong adhesive might work. I'd still advise against it though but it should be ok.

But it was proven that the waterblock usage of the XT6 was a complete waste of time and money as there was no benefit to using it except for aesthetics and the snazy idea of cooling a controller. Unless you means he bought the passive cooler which makes more sense really.