Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old Today, 01:49 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
I have a cellphone dude. I just don't use it much at all.

The world revolved for thousands of years and we never needed them then.

Mum has one too, she takes it when she goes out but like me she only has it on her in case of an emergency.
Right, well maybe I missread your previous posts then... As got the impression that you didn't actually have nor use a cellphone, only your landline at home. Hence my previous post.

Old Today, 10:18 AM

Dysons are crap, get a Shark
Old Today, 11:40 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
The flat is so small it doesn't matter. It was also very cheap. I wanted it more for the suction power and hose than floor vac.

Old Today, 12:09 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Me

When I'm home I call my mother once a day, the doctor and pharmacy all of the time, my psychiatrist, support worker etc. I got a plan thrown in with the land line that I have to have to get Internet (no cable here) so why waste more money on a cellphone contract?

I'll give you a hint to how I feel about cellphones - I don't even know my own number. I put £20 credit on it two years ago and still have £6.

I just never got sucked in dude. If I'm out I'm busy - end of. Call my house and leave me a message.
But same applies to Mobile. Put it on silent. If someone calls you, you don't need to answer it. However if its an emergency you have the message within seconds, not 2 hours later when you get home to learn a family member was hurt.

Isnt fixed line telephony more costly than Mobile these days?

I actually can't think of a single person in my 10 years living in Norway who still uses a fixed line. Its more expensive than a mobile subscription given you pay line rental too. (which you dont of course but in general we do)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
My Dyson is awesome. How dare you!

And my particle fan with Hadron collider technology is even better... stopped sneezing or getting blocked nose ever since getting it.
Old Today, 12:23 PM
OC3D Elite

I have to have a landline fella, no choice. I can not get the internet without it.

I have BT's top package at the moment. So basically I get phone line, free calling 7 days a week days and nights, 72mb fibre and their top end TV package (not 4k) which includes like, tons of channels and BT sport 1&2. I pay £53 a month for that.

A decent mobile contract would cost me that or more on top of that.

Believe it or not dude it's actually quite nice living off of the radar. It means a whole lot less stress in my life that I don't need. Which, when you have Bipolar disorder and stress triggers anger and mania? you do as much as you can to stop that. And me being able to go somewhere without a phone buzzing away in my pocket helps a lot.

I call my mother daily to see how she is doing. She's very old and very frail, and I know that each day could be the last time I get to speak to her and I value that more than anything else in the world. Losing my father at 7 taught me never to go to bed with a problem with some one, as you may never get to see them again.

Old Today, 05:44 PM
OC3D Elite

Got this delivered today, tried out the Sennheiser GAME ONE about a week ago and then came across this headset on Youtube. My OCD went a bit itchy with the GAME ONE having red accents on the sides of the earcups. This is all matt black and is also cheaper than the ONE, which is an all win for me

Old Today, 06:20 PM
OC3D Elite

Quite nice but I'd still take a blue snowball and headphones.