Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > YouTube Forum

Old 14-01-19, 02:29 PM
Average Penis Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by looz View Post
The A6000 is great camera but it doesn't have a plug for an external mic out of the box, imo ruling it out as a cheap/beginner's option. The official Sony adapter doesn't come cheap, and external recording is just extra work you probably don't want now.
Forgot to mention that. There are workarounds that aren't expensive and allow you to record audio in-camera (and even add a headphone out for audio monitoring), but they're probably not ideal for a beginner as they can be finicky.

Also a thing worth keeping in mind is that when you buy a camera, you're also buying into an ecosystem of lenses (Canon lenses don't work on a Nikon without an adapter). So if you buy a Canon and get some better lenses later down the line, it'll be harder to switch to another brand down the line.

That's one of the reasons I suggested the Panasonic G7. It has a Micro Four Third lens mount, which has a wide variety of lenses available. A lot of great video camera's have been using MFT sensors, including cameras like the Panasonic GH-line and even Blackmagic Design's latest Pocket Cinema Camera 4K. Dmitry from HardwareCanucks currently uses the GH5 (along with the Sony A7III), and in the past he has used the Panasonic G7.

That being said, you can't go wrong with a cheaper DSLR either. A former classmate of mine has shot a full-fledged documentary using a Canon 60d (released in 2010). That same documentary was broadcasted on national TV, and she now runs her own small media production company.

But again, like others have said, you shouldn't invest too much when you're still getting started. Upgrade your equipment if your channel actually takes off. Like he said, your success won't depend on 4k60.

I still film a lot of street interviews using my OnePlus 6 with some video gear I can borrow at my college, and the quality is more than good enough. I'm not alone in that, either. Loads of major publications have started utilising 'mobile journalism' (even BBC does it). Sometimes I even edit those interviews on that same OnePlus 6 with great results.

I've done the same with proper broadcast camera's which are massive and heavy, but if you're conscious about lighting and composition the quality difference isn't even that noticeable.

OC3D Overclockers Club Member:
Nr. #00 (Club Owner)

Old 14-01-19, 02:44 PM
OC3D Elite

For mic you could ask what other tubers are using, I know Bryan Techyes uses a wearable and his sound quality is pretty good.
I have heard good things about blue yeti also
ASUS Prime x370 Pro | Ryzen 5 1600 | Antec 240 AIO | Corsair Vengance RGB 3000 2 x 8Gb | Asus Strix RX 470 | Samsung Evo 120gb ssd | Seagate Baracuda 1tb storage | EVGA 500w | Phanteks Entho ProM Acrylic Window | Windows 10 and Linux Manjaro
Old 14-01-19, 02:55 PM
Advanced Member

Best way to get multiple microphones is to use a small mixer. That's how I select between lavalier mic, desk mounted shotgun mic or headset mic. You could use an external recorder but then you would have to use a clacker for every shot and synchronise the audio to the pictures in post processing. Personally, I use a sony ECM-77B lavalier, sennheiser ME-66 shotgun and beyer DT-294 headset through a soundcraft spirit ES mixer.

As to the camera, personally, I used to use a proper Sony HVR-Z1 but that is now at an age where the picture quality lets it down as it's only HDV (1440x1080i50 anamorphic) or DVCAM (720x576i50) capable. Audio quality was superb and blows my nikon D810 away, however the nikon wins on picture quality.

Old 14-01-19, 04:41 PM

Thanks guys I'll look into these
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGu...swRjAF3iTGoTCQ
17" 144hz g-sync clevo Laptop,CPU i7 8700K, RAM 16GB DDR4 2400mhz, GPU's 2 x 1080 Nvidia
1TB Samsung Evo NVME m.2, 120 SSD, 1TB HDD