Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 14-03-19, 03:16 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
I'm not exactly sure what the context of that is. However, when I wait for 7+ years for a game I pray it's not crap. Case in point? FO76.
FO76 wasn't even teased for 7+ years dude, come on, LOL! But I understand where you're coming from.

Old 14-03-19, 07:01 AM

The Secret Armory of General Knoxx!

Yep, the General knoxx DLC pretty much cemented the orignal Borderlands as a bonafide classic!
64gb 3000mhz Corsair LED VENGEANCE
Samsung 256gb M.2 in raid 0,2x 8tb WD black,1 TB Samsung Evo ssd
4K iiyama prolite [email protected] hz
msi gtx 1070 gaming x/ Logitech G900 mouse
EVGA T2 1000w /Das mechanical keyboard
Old 14-03-19, 11:55 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
FO76 wasn't even teased for 7+ years dude, come on, LOL! But I understand where you're coming from.
Nope. It was teased for ten years.

Here, just so it doesn't look like I am being argumentative.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallout_Online

Fallout Online was a massively multiplayer online game (MMO) set in the Fallout universe that was being developed by Masthead Studios and was to be published by Interplay, with members of the Interplay team providing creative control and design. Chris Taylor and Mark O'Green, two of the creators of the original Fallout, were among the developers; Jason Anderson, one of the other makers of Fallout, was involved in the project between 2007 and 2009, but then left the team. Interplay's rights to develop and publish this game have been the subject of legal disputes between Interplay and Bethesda Softworks, the current owner of the Fallout franchise. An out-of-court settlement was reached in 2012 as Bethesda received full rights to the Fallout online game for two million dollars, eventually releasing its own online game, Fallout 76, six years later.

The rumours started around 2007. I had a very early demo of the Interplay version. Then of course Bethesda bought part of the Fallout franchise from them, then sued them for the rest. But all along it was known that one of them would launch "Fallout Online". No dates were ever given, but the rumour mill was rife. In fact, it was thought that it was going to happen between Skyrim and what was to become Fallout 4, but Fallout 4 dropped as as total surprise instead.

So yeah, FO76 wasn't in development for long (as any one who has played it will attest to) but it was rumoured and sued for for years. So if it wasn't obvious in 2007 it was totally obvious when all of the legal fighting started in 2009 shortly after FO3's release.

Old 14-03-19, 03:07 PM
OC3D Elite

You might be the only Fallout fan who ever looked forward to multiplayer, LOL! The rest of us just wait patiently for the next buggy single player abomination in the franchise that will need the modding community to make it playable.

Old 14-03-19, 04:36 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
You might be the only Fallout fan who ever looked forward to multiplayer, LOL! The rest of us just wait patiently for the next buggy single player abomination in the franchise that will need the modding community to make it playable.
I dreaded it, but knew I would not be able to resist. To me? It could have been the forbidden apple, or Pandora's box that sucked away my life.

Thankfully it was utter crap and I got away with about 20 hours played.

Had it been very good/addictive and costly per month? Yeah that would have spelled disaster for my life.