Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 11-01-19, 01:28 PM
OC3D Elite

Sour grapes, the guy is a prick imho and way to complacent about his product stack.

ASUS Prime x370 Pro | Ryzen 5 1600 | Antec 240 AIO | Corsair Vengance RGB 3000 2 x 8Gb | Asus Strix RX 470 | Samsung Evo 120gb ssd | Seagate Baracuda 1tb storage | EVGA 500w | Phanteks Entho ProM Acrylic Window | Windows 10 and Linux Manjaro
Old 11-01-19, 06:11 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobM View Post
Sour grapes, the guy is a prick imho and way to complacent about his product stack.

On top of that he's just completely boring with his "it just works"

I think AMD has done well, yeah its expensive, but everything these days is, we don't need AMD to outperform Nvidia, we need them to give us good products, they can now deliver 1080ti performance for less money then a 2080, 1080ti performance for 1080 and 1440p has always been incredible and thats where the majority of the gaming market lives, so yeah, they did good.
Old 11-01-19, 08:08 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NighT View Post
On top of that he's just completely boring with his "it just works"

I think AMD has done well, yeah its expensive, but everything these days is, we don't need AMD to outperform Nvidia, we need them to give us good products, they can now deliver 1080ti performance for less money then a 2080, 1080ti performance for 1080 and 1440p has always been incredible and thats where the majority of the gaming market lives, so yeah, they did good.
Yeah thats why I feel like AMD isn't competeting with Nvidia, they are comepting against themselves. However since they still sell in the same market they have to be mindful about pricing.

I think $700 isn't to bad provided it actually competes, but I would have preferred $600 at most.