Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 10-01-19, 05:55 PM
Resident Newb

Tell tale signs of a bad sport that was spoiled as a child and used to getting his own way.

Nvidia stock is down, Very slowly losing market share, Freesync does work, And now a 2080 competitor at $100 less albeit no ray tracing or DLSS but then again those are 2 features that are in only 2 games so not really a selling point.

Next he's going to throw his toys out of his baby stroller and start screaming.

Old 10-01-19, 06:21 PM
Advanced Member

Or maybe he's just confident that DLSS will provide a big performance increase.
Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | PG279Q, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old 10-01-19, 06:23 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by trawetSluaP View Post
Or maybe he's just confident that DLSS will provide a big performance increase.
DLSS will give a big performance boost, but it needs to be adopted by developers first.

Hitman 2 and Just Cause 4 were advertised as having support for it at the RTX launch and neither game has so far received the feature. Both of these games released after the Nvidia RTX series BTW.
Old 10-01-19, 06:36 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
DLSS will give a big performance boost, but it needs to be adopted by developers first.

Hitman 2 and Just Cause 4 were advertised as having support for it at the RTX launch and neither game has so far received the feature. Both of these games released after the Nvidia RTX series BTW.

Real reason he's mad is because Dr Su wore leather yesterday better than he ever did
Old 10-01-19, 06:37 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickOmega View Post
Yep, crush your own fps. If "we" turn on ray tracing and dlss? I was under the impression that both of these things were down to game developers to integrate/enable, and thus far the only way you've improved ray tracing performance is disabling half of it (Battlefield V).

If it's true that AMD is able to match the 2080 then that's fantastic progress for the red team, although I fear they need to do so at a lower price due to the nvidiot mindshare.
The concerning thing would be the suggestions I've seen that the Vega VII is just a failed/repurposed Instinct MI50
One thing I will say is that his mouth is writing cheques he can't cash. What I mean is that basically he is at the mercy of game devs and they are all coding for.... AMD based consoles.

So he can say WTF he likes but if he doesn't get support he will wind up with egg on his face.

And let's face it, most of his company's previous efforts have fallen flat. SLi, 3DVision etc. All lacked support. So if there are hardly any RTX games then his cards will be an epic waste of money.

Old 10-01-19, 06:49 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Real reason he's mad is because Dr Su wore leather yesterday better than he ever did
Hahaha, yes. This explains everything!
Old 10-01-19, 06:52 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
One thing I will say is that his mouth is writing cheques he can't cash. What I mean is that basically he is at the mercy of game devs and they are all coding for.... AMD based consoles.
Isn't RTX vendor agnostic though? While RTX is Nvidia's way of running it. And AMD reportedly building their own solution.
Old 10-01-19, 06:55 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post

So he can say WTF he likes but if he doesn't get support he will wind up with egg on his face.

And let's face it, most of his company's previous efforts have fallen flat. SLi, 3DVision etc. All lacked support. So if there are hardly any RTX games then his cards will be an epic waste of money.

Spot on but people like him who've got their head so far up their own jacksie that they need to perform a colonoscopy to brush their teeth can't see that far ahead.
Old 10-01-19, 06:56 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by looz View Post
Isn't RTX vendor agnostic though? While RTX is Nvidia's way of running it. And AMD reportedly building their own solution.
It needs tons of coding after the port, because remember the console comes first. Always and forever.

Old 10-01-19, 07:26 PM

With AMDs "next gen" arch and Intel coming into the scene next year he is going to be facing tough times ahead.