Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 15-05-19, 05:40 PM
News Guru

PC has more "Net Bookings"/Sales than PS4 last quarter says Ubisoft

Ubisoft's PC sales have seen significant growth.

Read more about Ubisoft's Strong PC sales.

Old 15-05-19, 05:53 PM
AMD Enthusiast

I am happy for Ubisoft. They started getting more serious and tried turning the company around as it was basically EA's little brother.

Now they are taking PC more seriously and games in general. Higher quality games, launches, not ripping people off with p2w/MT, etc. Outside a couple of negative issues in the last few years, they have done a great job in my opinion.

I also think they were kinda forced to do this. With Vivendi trying to buy them out for so long they HAD to make more money to be able from being bought out. They got past that and now they are benefitting from that hard work.

Now let's hope they don't screw it up. Never know in this day and age with game companies.
Old 16-05-19, 08:10 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to WillSK
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
I am happy for Ubisoft. They started getting more serious and tried turning the company around as it was basically EA's little brother.

Now they are taking PC more seriously and games in general. Higher quality games, launches, not ripping people off with p2w/MT, etc. Outside a couple of negative issues in the last few years, they have done a great job in my opinion.

I also think they were kinda forced to do this. With Vivendi trying to buy them out for so long they HAD to make more money to be able from being bought out. They got past that and now they are benefitting from that hard work.

Now let's hope they don't screw it up. Never know in this day and age with game companies.
Completely agree mate,

Ubisoft were well on the path to becoming one of the most hated publishers with their releases and slow fixes. However, it does feel like there's been a new way of thinking in recent times.

You only need to look at games like the division 2 and the willingness to hold back updates when the community wasn't happy to get the feeling they are being a bit more considerate of not only PC gamers but the gaming community as a whole. I hope they keep this course
My Rig : Fractal S2 Case, ASUS RoG Gene VIII, Intel i5 6600K 4.5Ghz, Corsair H115i Platinum, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO, 32 Gb Team Pro Dark RAM 3200Mhz, Kingston Hyper X Fury 480GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD, Corsair AX760w
Old 16-05-19, 08:13 AM
OC3D Elite

I absolutely love their uplay currency concept.

Running ingame challenges gives you currency which you can then use for discounts on their store. Finally these useless fluff challenges that served no purpose except epeen has a good use for doing them.

I bought Div2 season pass with a 20% discount using those coins. Ubisoft really have spun their rep. I put them on the other end of the scale of EA these days.

Agree on Div2 example. When they heard the community complaints about raising gear score, they scrapped it. When they heard about how we dislike the exotics damage, they raised them. Ok, I know this is Massive at work not ubisoft, but still their way forward is fantastic now.
Old 16-05-19, 10:08 AM
OC3D Elite

They've won me over and I'm the most cynical pessimistic git alive so they're doing something right.