Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 15-11-17, 12:59 AM

Complaining to game developer via Linkedin

I found some of the game developers on Linkedin. These guys worked/are working on some of the games lots of people play, like Battlefield. I really want to give some feedback to these guys as there are complaints about these games, such as heavy stuttering etc.

I find it really useless to complain on the games' forums or via companies' contact form as there are lots of people on online platforms complaining about them and nothing has changed or improved.

As I am going to do that with my real name and face:

1.) this can capture their attention and do something about it
2.) or this will give me bad name (e.g. some guy on Linkedin annoying us about a game that we brag about developing)

What do you think? What can this change? Maybe nothing. But this time a complaint will reach them via a different channel

Old 15-11-17, 01:01 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Don't go to LinkedIn to complain.

It's a professional site. Leave them alone on there.
You need to just go to the official website or wherever the company has social media presence. Can even send them a tweet.
Old 15-11-17, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Don't go to LinkedIn to complain.

It's a professional site. Leave them alone on there.
You need to just go to the official website or wherever the company has social media presence. Can even send them a tweet.
Thank you for the suggestion.
As I wrote, many people complain via online platforms. They don't care.
Old 15-11-17, 08:09 AM
OC3D Elite

They may care, but what they work on has little to do with them it's the people who pay their wages that says what they work on, so the best you'd hope for is them saying something in work and that getting ignored, or you getting kicked off linkedin for harassment
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: Gigabyte white 2070
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Old 15-11-17, 09:13 AM
OC3D Crew

Game developers are not the problem, it's the companies marketing departments you should be complaining to. Those are the culprits.
Old 15-11-17, 10:14 AM
Average Penis Too

I agree with NBD here. LinkedIn really isn't the place to complain. Depending on the person they might care or respond, but most will probably just ignore you.

Also, like Greenback and tolagarf said, I doubt that complaining to the devs is the way to go, as these things are often out of their control. Your best bet is tweeting the company or publisher. Twitter is a great place to vent frustrations.

OC3D Overclockers Club Member:
Nr. #00 (Club Owner)

Old 15-11-17, 11:17 AM
OC3D Elite

Quite often, the DEVs have big starry eyes with many features they want to add/fix and improve but the publisher shuts them down with a deadline saying "finish up what your doing and launch it"

To this day I regret seeing Warhammer online pushed out too soon. EA killed it along with Mythic. Such good potential ruined by a beta version hitting the shelves. Probably the best open world pvp game for large scale warfare ever done. And kept that warhammer lore and fantasy.
Old 16-11-17, 12:14 AM
OC3D Elite

The ONLY way you can express your feelings to games developers is simply this: Don't buy the game.
Old 16-11-17, 08:21 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davva2004 View Post
The ONLY way you can express your feelings to games developers is simply this: Don't buy the game.
Sad but true. From my PoV though, I don't want to hurt developers in most cases. I want the publishers forcing their hand to suffer.

The best example i can think of is CDredprojekt. Look what happens when they are given time to produce something, nevermind the countless delays, (GTAV also) these teams were allowed to keep working on their IP. The result was the best games of their genres in years.

Now I look at AC series. Forced to stick to deadlines by Ubisoft, we get a poorly optimised, quality assurance absent buggy mess that was AC Unity.

If their was a way to punish corporations like EA, while allowing their minions to flourish and get to do what they love doing, I would be all for it.
Old 16-11-17, 06:29 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Sad but true. From my PoV though, I don't want to hurt developers in most cases. I want the publishers forcing their hand to suffer.

The best example i can think of is CDredprojekt. Look what happens when they are given time to produce something, nevermind the countless delays, (GTAV also) these teams were allowed to keep working on their IP. The result was the best games of their genres in years.

Now I look at AC series. Forced to stick to deadlines by Ubisoft, we get a poorly optimised, quality assurance absent buggy mess that was AC Unity.
CDPR while deserve the praise is a terrible example.
1) they are their own publisher. Meaning they don't have to listen to anybody but themselves
2) they own GOG. Meaning they actually have income. Most studios don't have that. They rely on publishers for that.
3) all this together means they can do more than other studios. They still have delays internally, money constraints, etc, but they are less affected by it

As for Ubisoft. Unity was fine. They were to ambitious for the hardware on the new Consoles. It really screwed everybody over. The bugs were bad but the game was still good. Not the strongest title but better than the horrible AC3.
They took a year off with the franchise because they do care about AC. Now they released Origins and it's such a fun game. Easily the best AC since Black Flag.