Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Networks & Security
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 30-04-17, 10:10 PM
Dawelio's Avatar
Dawelio Dawelio is online now
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 5,256
Email address

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if you guys know any way to get like an independent email adress, that are not under like Microsoft and such, so no spying etc going on?...

Seems like outlook.com is the only way to get one these days?... Or do you guys perhaps know?.

Cheers,
Chrazey

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 30-04-17, 10:36 PM
Davva2004's Avatar
Davva2004 Davva2004 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Nottingham UK
Posts: 1,161
Host your own domain and email server just like companies do
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 30-04-17, 11:12 PM
Dawelio's Avatar
Dawelio Dawelio is online now
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 5,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davva2004 View Post
Host your own domain and email server just like companies do
Yeah right, don't exactly want to spend money on it. Just thought IF there were actually a way other than outlook etc.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-05-17, 11:00 AM
tolagarf's Avatar
tolagarf tolagarf is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Denmark
Posts: 851
What's wrong with gmail?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-05-17, 02:59 PM
Dawelio's Avatar
Dawelio Dawelio is online now
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 5,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolagarf View Post
What's wrong with gmail?
Isn't it the same as Microsoft's hotmail though? Collecting info on you and spying on you as well?...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-05-17, 03:16 PM
tolagarf's Avatar
tolagarf tolagarf is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Denmark
Posts: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
Isn't it the same as Microsoft's hotmail though? Collecting info on you and spying on you as well?...
Potentially, but then again if Google really would be wasting time with that, anyone could do the same no matter who the host is. I'm guessing you're probably a bit more worried about governments snooping around, but if you got nothing to hide...

You have to ask yourself, are you important enough to warrant spying on
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-05-17, 03:18 PM
NickOmega's Avatar
NickOmega NickOmega is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Cannock, West Mids
Posts: 669
I think you're being a little irrational. Google claim over 1 billion active accounts monthly so you'd have to have something pretty damn interesting to be worried about hiding. If you were genuinely that worried you wouldn't even be using the internet in general.
I think the majority of what people got bent out of shape over was Google scanning emails for keywords for targeted marketing and pushing G+.
__________________


Ryzen 5 3600 -- Nvidia RTX 3060ti FE -- 16GB TeamGroup Dark Pro 3200mhz DDR4
MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon -- Corsair Force MP300 240GB
Seasonic Focus Gold 750 -- MetallicGear Neo Qube

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-05-17, 03:23 PM
Dawelio's Avatar
Dawelio Dawelio is online now
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 5,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolagarf View Post
Potentially, but then again if Google really would be wasting time with that, anyone could do the same no matter who the host is. I'm guessing you're probably a bit more worried about governments snooping around, but if you got nothing to hide...

You have to ask yourself, are you important enough to warrant spying on
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickOmega View Post
I think you're being a little irrational. Google claim over 1 billion active accounts monthly so you'd have to have something pretty damn interesting to be worried about hiding. If you were genuinely that worried you wouldn't even be using the internet in general.
I think the majority of what people got bent out of shape over was Google scanning emails for keywords for targeted marketing and pushing G+.
I know what you guys mean, but I'm just thinking in general. Despite having nothing to hide or not, it's the principle and the integrity of having my personal information, exactly that, personal. Not that everyone should be able to look at my entire private life, as it should be just that, private.

If you get what I mean, and yes I know regarding that not using the internet in general... All I was wondering IF there is a email provider that isn't as nefty as Microsfot and Google on people's lives.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-05-17, 03:23 PM
AverageNinja's Avatar
AverageNinja AverageNinja is offline
Average Penis Too
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
Seems like outlook.com is the only way to get one these days?
Outlook is owned by Microsoft too. It's basically the replacement for Hotmail. I doubt it's private.

As for your question, afaik the only way to do this is by hosting your own domain, like Davva already mentioned.
__________________
JavaBean: Ryzen 5 1600 / Corsair ML240L RGB / ASUS Crosshair 6 Hero / 16GB Corsair LPX / ASUS RX 580 Strix / Corsair RM750X / Fractal Design Meshify C

OC3D Overclockers Club Member:
Nr. #00 (Club Owner)


Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-05-17, 03:24 PM
tinytomlogan's Avatar
tinytomlogan tinytomlogan is offline
The Guvnor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: TTL Towers
Posts: 21,174
Doesnt matter what email account you use, they all go via the CIA matey. They dont look at your inbox they look at them while they are on the move.
__________________
If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW


Get along or run along. Your choice
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 04:50 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.