Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Graphics & Displays > Screens and Displays

Old 02-01-14, 08:05 AM
OC3D Elite

I have the BENQ one and its fantastic. Annoying part was adjusting the colours and brightness. There was a profile found by google searching that had a good setup so I copied that.

However, I strongly suggest going with the VG248QE since as mentioned below you can upgrade to Gsync when the module becomes available.

The upgrade takes about 30mins max according to reviews and is as easy as installing new RAM modules.

Old 02-01-14, 12:16 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
I have the BENQ one and its fantastic. Annoying part was adjusting the colours and brightness. There was a profile found by google searching that had a good setup so I copied that.

However, I strongly suggest going with the VG248QE since as mentioned below you can upgrade to Gsync when the module becomes available.

The upgrade takes about 30mins max according to reviews and is as easy as installing new RAM modules.
yea that's what i thought as well.
what's weird is that the vg248qe has been around a few years already, but it already has the slot for the gsync module. why would they already put a port for a module on their pcb that doesn't even exist? i suppose they got some early information, but still, that's planning way ahead.
Old 02-01-14, 12:43 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekaX View Post
what's weird is that the vg248qe has been around a few years already, but it already has the slot for the gsync module. why would they already put a port for a module on their pcb that doesn't even exist? i suppose they got some early information, but still, that's planning way ahead.
Nope, not really. Nvidia are re-using that slot in purpose. The slot usually contains a chip that handles things like OSD and modifications to the image, switching between input sources etc.
Nvidia just designed their G-SYNC card to fit in this slot.
4.14.13-1-ARCH
Old 02-01-14, 12:51 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekaX View Post
They have been developing Gsync with Nvidia for the past year and a half. This is one reason I guess why Asus have the exclusivity to releasing monitors with this technology way before anyone else. Also probably the reason why the module is currently only available for this model from Asus at the moment as it has been pre emptively prepared for customers to upgrade once the tech was full tested and launched.
Old 02-01-14, 12:52 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3rrial View Post
Nope, not really. Nvidia are re-using that slot in purpose. The slot usually contains a chip that handles things like OSD and modifications to the image, switching between input sources etc.
Nvidia just designed their G-SYNC card to fit in this slot.
ah alright.
well, i just ordered the monitor (and some canned air, kept forgetting about it for nearly a year).