Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 02-07-13, 08:15 PM
OC3D Elite

Mice experience reports?

I had it with my g9x, yes it is a fantastic mouse, but it is just too small for my huge hands. There is an entire phalanx of my finger hanging over the mouse, which is crippling me in fps games really.
I am playing palm and i play at a rather low sensitivity, 1000 cpi is what i currently use. That also means that i need to move my mouse quite a lot, so it must be very light. I need no more than 5 buttons and i need no fancy mouse lighting either, it is an upside but i won't have an extra 10 grams just for some LEDs.
So i looked around a little bit, i will just post what i found and give the ups and downs i came up with.

Razer Deathadder:
There are 3 Versions of this mouse, the 2013, the black and the respawn. For some odd reason the black is the heaviest, even though it has no LEDs. None of them weigh less than 100g, the drivers are a pain in the arse and the build quality isn't the best as well afaik. The 2013, which seems to be the only reasonably weighting of the 3 is also the priciest in my line up. I really don't like Razer a lot, the only reason i am considering this is because i heard an awful lot of good feedback from cod4 players on this one.

Roccat Kone Pure Core Performance:
This mouse got great testresults, the sensor is very precise, up to 8200 cpi (even though i don't need that), the looks are alright and it is very light for its customizability. The only complaint i heard was about a bad mouse wheel, but that was roccat in general so i don't know if that applies to this mouse. Still rather high priced, but i currently favor this one.

Zowie EC2 eVo:
What i really like about the ec2 is that it was kept simple, i am no fan of loads of buttons and drivers where you can manually adjust every last bit which just ends in a mess. The turn down is just that the price isn't really reasonable, for 5 euros more i could get the roccat which features way more.
It still is favored by a lot of cod4 players though.

Zowie AM Pro:
Pretty much the same story as the EC2, the rubberized grip is nice, i like the looks a bit more than the one of the EC2, but therefore it is advertised as a claw mouse, which isn't the best when you play palm. It is the lightest mouse though.

Steelseries Sensei RAW:
All i heard was good stuff about this mouse. Very light, rather large, good sensor, little bull. The question is how well does it work for FPS games, but it's definitely a favorite in my lineup. Also the price is outstanding, 50 euros is great.

So guys, i know we got some mouse enthusiasts in here, what are your opinions?

Old 02-07-13, 08:34 PM
OC3D Elite

Stealseries XAI:
Not to light and not to heavy, fits my hand pretty well considering I have big hands.
The build quality is really good and the mouse feels solid. Not much bad to say about it really other than the to change profile you have to use the LCD screen underneath the mouse meaning you can't do it on the fly. All in all a good mouse for Gaming and everyday use.

Razer Imperator:
This is the mouse i'm using at the moment. A lot of people moan about Razor's build quality but this mouse isn't bad at all. It's not as good as quality as my XAI was but it's far from bad. The only thing I don't like about it is it's a bit small for my hands.
One of the good things about it is that it has adjustable side buttons which you can move left and right. So if you have a smaller hand you can move them to the right and if you have larger hands you can move them towards the left.

R.A.T 7:
Unfortunately the one I bought 2nd hand arrived DOA
Still, I was able to play around with it in my hand to get a fell of it. All the customization the R.A.T mice have are perfect for people with big hands. I din't even have to grip it, it just rested perfectly in my hand after adjusting it and adding the pinki rest.

I'm thinking about getting a R.A.T 9 soon but i'm waiting to see if the Ouroboros drops in price first.

Logitech G700:
Really good wireless mouse and all the ney sayers about wireless mouse really need to give it a try because [spoiler]There is no lag[/spoiler]
The mouse its self is awesome and fully programmable with a button for profile switching. It just didn't fit my hand well, it sort of has a twist to it so your wrist isn't strait when gripping it and is at an angle which I found really uncomfortable.
Another thing I hated about it was the textured sides of the mouse, they feel like a light grade sandpaper, really gritty feeling. Not bad for extra grip but it also makes you hands sweat. My hands never sweat when using a mouse but wiyh the G700 my hands never stopped sweating.
NZXT Switch 810 - Ryzeny 3600 - Gigabyte X570 Gaming - 32GB Corsair Platinum SE - MSI Gaming 1070 - Crucial MX100 256GB SSD - Crucial MX500 500GB SSD - Samsung F3 1TB HDD - Corsair H100 - Corsair RM1000i SE - Asus VE247H

PC Audio: Asus Xonar STX - Sennheiser HD650.
Portable Audio: FiiO X3II - Audiofly AF140 - Etymotic ER4s - Fidue A83.
Old 02-07-13, 08:46 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SieB View Post
Stealseries XAI:
Not to light and not to heavy, fits my hand pretty well considering I have big hands.
The build quality is really good and the mouse feels solid. Not much bad to say about it really other than the to change profile you have to use the LCD screen underneath the mouse meaning you can't do it on the fly. All in all a good mouse for Gaming and everyday use.

Razer Imperator:
This is the mouse i'm using at the moment. A lot of people moan about Razor's build quality but this mouse isn't bad at all. It's not as good as quality as my XAI was but it's far from bad. The only thing I don't like about it is it's a bit small for my hands.
One of the good things about it is that it has adjustable side buttons which you can move left and right. So if you have a smaller hand you can move them to the right and if you have larger hands you can move them towards the left.

R.A.T 7:
Unfortunately the one I bought 2nd hand arrived DOA
Still, I was able to play around with it in my hand to get a fell of it. All the customization the R.A.T mice have are perfect for people with big hands. I din't even have to grip it, it just rested perfectly in my hand after adjusting it and adding the pinki rest.

I'm thinking about getting a R.A.T 9 soon but i'm waiting to see if the Ouroboros drops in price first.

Logitech G700:
Really good wireless mouse and all the ney sayers about wireless mouse really need to give it a try because [spoiler]There is no lag[/spoiler]
The mouse its self is awesome and fully programmable with a button for profile switching. It just didn't fit my hand well, it sort of has a twist to it so your wrist isn't strait when gripping it and is at an angle which I found really uncomfortable.
Another thing I hated about it was the textured sides of the mouse, they feel like a light grade sandpaper, really gritty feeling. Not bad for extra grip but it also makes you hands sweat. My hands never sweat when using a mouse but wiyh the G700 my hands never stopped sweating.
steelseries xai was discontinued, at least in germany.
razer imperator is considerable.
RAT 7 is just stupidly priced, 100 euros for that thing doesn't seem acceptable.
No wireless. i don't care if the input lag is zero, just the fact that i need to charge it is ing me off. also too many buttons and i doubt that i will be comfy with it either.
Old 02-07-13, 09:20 PM

I have the Steelseries Sensei. Absolutely love it.

DeathAdder for me is weirdly shaped and awkward to hold after a while.

No experiences with the others.
Old 02-07-13, 10:10 PM
OC3D Elite

i think i settled on the sensei raw. the price/performance ratio is great, it's big, it's rubberized, it's light. what more do i want.
Old 02-07-13, 10:54 PM

Good choice
Old 02-07-13, 11:13 PM
OC3D Elite

If the G9 was too small, youre not going to like the Sensei. I own both (well several actually cause I have a mouse fetish) and theyre pretty close in size.

The DeathAdder 2013 is the best mouse on the planet IMO. I didnt think anything could replace my DeathAdder 3G but the sensor on the 2013 is just surgical!

You would be better off looking at the G700, G500 or even G400. I own all 3 and the G700 is the best of the bigger mice. I can never get really comfortable with the G500 but the G700 is very comfy and ergonomic. The G400 is kind of a smaller version of the G500.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X ••• Asus ROG Strix X370-F ••• Corsair H110i
Corsair 500R ••• EVGA Supernova G3 750 ••• Corsair Vengeance 32GB
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB x2 ••• Nvidia RTX 2070 FE
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB ••• Acer Predator XB272 @ 240 Hz
Logitech G Pro X TKL ••• Logitech G Pro mouse
Old 03-07-13, 12:36 AM
OC3D Elite

How about Func MS-3? Haven't used it but reviews seem to be good and from pictures it seems to be pretty big.
Heavier(127g) than Sensei Raw(90g) but lighter than G9X(156g).
Old 03-07-13, 02:30 AM
OC3D Elite

I use the Naos 5000 and both hate and love it. The Naos is one of the best feeling mice I have ever used and the software isn't bad either. But the firmware is total . If for example I am overclocking and crash or going into hackintosh mode or back to windows I have to unplug and re-plug in my mouse. It doesn't sound like much, but it's annoying as hell. So I just started using the pass through on the G710+.
Old 03-07-13, 03:33 AM
OC3D Elite

i had a deathadder respawn. it was great for about 18months then the scroll wheel started to have a mind of its own.

now i have a gigabyte aivia krypton gaming mouse. i have had it for about 6 months now and i can say it is the best mouse i have ever had.