Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #5481  
Old 11-09-15, 11:23 AM
Dawelio's Avatar
Dawelio Dawelio is online now
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 5,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnsley View Post
nope just going to use my current Acer (basic LED, 1080p etc) as a secondary screen while I use the Asus as my main screen. I've gotten so used to two or more screens because of my work I always catch myself trying to drag things to a screen that doesn't exist.
Haha exactly what I do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
Report back and let us know. It's always handy to have a list of decent monitor stands that actually bloody work.
And please do, it'd be very useful to many people I think!

Reply With Quote
  #5482  
Old 11-09-15, 12:05 PM
SPS SPS is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 6,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Care to explain why this one is a gamble? I was thinking of getting one, but I am skeptical on the clamp. Is this your reasoning?
I'm not saying that particular model will have trouble. Also I've never used a desk clamp stand so interested in that, as you say.

In my experience of buying monitor stands I have had the following troubles:
  • Stand wobbling due to uneven base. One stand I had would actually rotate on the desk, due to the fact that only a small section of the base made proper contact with the surface.
  • Tilt hinges would give way to the weight of the monitor resulting in it sitting at it's maximum tilt angle.
  • Balancing was very problematic, even with identical screens.
  • Hinges to make the arms move would sag over time causing the screens to droop to one side.
  • Very difficult to assemble/disassemble alone (was a problem at the time as I was moving house a lot due to uni, not much of an issue now though).

One day I'd like to upgrade to triple monitor stand that doesn't encounter these issues.
Reply With Quote
  #5483  
Old 11-09-15, 12:24 PM
barnsley's Avatar
barnsley barnsley is offline
born in a.....
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 7,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
One day I'd like to upgrade to triple monitor stand that doesn't encounter these issues.
XFX's monitor stand (if you can still get it) is the best triple stand you can get in my experience. Well worth the small country's-worth you have to pay for it.
__________________
Rig: i7 [email protected]|2x8gb HyperX Fury|Intel z97-AR|Corsair H75| 2x Nvidia 1070 founders edition|Superflower leadex 750W gold|Inwin 904| 970 EVO 500GB m.2|512GB evo 840| Crucial MX 500 500GB|ASUS MG279Q +Acer S240HL| Windows 10 pro, 8.1 pro| Kubuntu LTS
Audio: Silverstone EB01-E+EB03+DT 770 Pro 250Ω+Samson SAGOMIC
Ducky Legend (cherry red)+Zowie AM-FG
Reply With Quote
  #5484  
Old 11-09-15, 02:00 PM
SPS SPS is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 6,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnsley View Post
XFX's monitor stand (if you can still get it) is the best triple stand you can get in my experience. Well worth the small country's-worth you have to pay for it.
I have consider it on a few occasions but haven't met anyone who's used it yet.
You've had personal experience with it?
Reply With Quote
  #5485  
Old 12-09-15, 02:06 PM
barnsley's Avatar
barnsley barnsley is offline
born in a.....
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 7,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
I have consider it on a few occasions but haven't met anyone who's used it yet.
You've had personal experience with it?
I know someone with it. I'll check with him but when I last went round his it seemed very, very good.


Also my monitor and the mount arrived. I'm an idiot and didn't notice my old monitor has no VESA mount. I guess I should sell it and get a 1080p screen with a VESA bit this time. The Asus is great and the mount itself is quite good. Its well built and it doesn't wobble much (I think my desk is to blame for the wobbling).

Now its time to sit and watch to workout what my next GPU should be .
__________________
Rig: i7 [email protected]|2x8gb HyperX Fury|Intel z97-AR|Corsair H75| 2x Nvidia 1070 founders edition|Superflower leadex 750W gold|Inwin 904| 970 EVO 500GB m.2|512GB evo 840| Crucial MX 500 500GB|ASUS MG279Q +Acer S240HL| Windows 10 pro, 8.1 pro| Kubuntu LTS
Audio: Silverstone EB01-E+EB03+DT 770 Pro 250Ω+Samson SAGOMIC
Ducky Legend (cherry red)+Zowie AM-FG
Reply With Quote
  #5486  
Old 12-09-15, 02:16 PM
MrKambo's Avatar
MrKambo MrKambo is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: London blaadd!
Posts: 3,322
Send a message via Skype™ to MrKambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnsley View Post
I know someone with it. I'll check with him but when I last went round his it seemed very, very good.


Also my monitor and the mount arrived. I'm an idiot and didn't notice my old monitor has no VESA mount. I guess I should sell it and get a 1080p screen with a VESA bit this time. The Asus is great and the mount itself is quite good. Its well built and it doesn't wobble much (I think my desk is to blame for the wobbling).

Now its time to sit and watch to workout what my next GPU should be .
2 of these

__________________
steam|origin|insta:mrkambo
Reply With Quote
  #5487  
Old 12-09-15, 04:30 PM
CreatiXx's Avatar
CreatiXx CreatiXx is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Belgium/Borsbeek
Posts: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKambo View Post
2 of these

i did :3
__________________
i7 6700k | Jonsbo CR-201 Red | MSI Z170I Gaming Pro AC | G.Skill Trident Z 16GB DDR4-3600 | MSI R9 390 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Fractal Design Nano S | Sharkoon WPM 700
Reply With Quote
  #5488  
Old 12-09-15, 04:31 PM
MrKambo's Avatar
MrKambo MrKambo is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: London blaadd!
Posts: 3,322
Send a message via Skype™ to MrKambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatiXx View Post
i did :3
How do you find them?
__________________
steam|origin|insta:mrkambo
Reply With Quote
  #5489  
Old 12-09-15, 04:34 PM
CreatiXx's Avatar
CreatiXx CreatiXx is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Belgium/Borsbeek
Posts: 458
well.. they i arrived yesterday but i get home tomorrow.. xd though it are the non - x they dont differ that much and i assume with a little OC they will be pretty equal,
ill give a heads up once home
__________________
i7 6700k | Jonsbo CR-201 Red | MSI Z170I Gaming Pro AC | G.Skill Trident Z 16GB DDR4-3600 | MSI R9 390 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Fractal Design Nano S | Sharkoon WPM 700
Reply With Quote
  #5490  
Old 12-09-15, 04:44 PM
MrKambo's Avatar
MrKambo MrKambo is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: London blaadd!
Posts: 3,322
Send a message via Skype™ to MrKambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatiXx View Post
well.. they i arrived yesterday but i get home tomorrow.. xd though it are the non - x they dont differ that much and i assume with a little OC they will be pretty equal,
ill give a heads up once home
good man
__________________
steam|origin|insta:mrkambo
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 10:09 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.