Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #11101  
Old 07-08-20, 08:58 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 14,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 View Post
Been considering the D15 as my H100i has started developing a weird issue with heating up since I cleaned the machine out and summer's set in. Sodding thing blows the fans at max when the coolant reaches 40ºC and keeps going down and up like a chav revving their Corsa
Hahahahahahahahahaha

I personally prefer huge beefy air coolers, Great performance on par with many top AIO's and the only thing that can go wrong is an easily replaceable fan

__________________
= Steam/Origin/Uplay - Dicehunter =
Reply With Quote
  #11102  
Old 08-08-20, 10:13 AM
g0ggles1994's Avatar
g0ggles1994 g0ggles1994 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Reactor No.4, The Zone
Posts: 1,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Hahahahahahahahahaha

I personally prefer huge beefy air coolers, Great performance on par with many top AIO's and the only thing that can go wrong is an easily replaceable fan
I wish I was joking, hahaha. I think it's a bug with Link but I refuse to go to iCue because I tried it and it was a steaming pile of... yeah.

I won't deny, now I've had AIOs, I can safely say I'm not going to get another one. Other than looking nice, they don't offer much better performance than a decent air cooler; so if this one does go bang, I'll be getting a D15 Chromax like yours. My next rig will need liquid cooling due to space constraints but I'll be building my own loop then.
__________________
Ryzen 1700X @ 3.6GHz | MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon | Corsair H100i v2 | 16GiB Corsair Vengeance LED Blue
ASUS RoG Strix Vega64 8GiB | 2TB WD SN750 | Corsair RM850 CableMod | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG
Reply With Quote
  #11103  
Old 08-08-20, 10:31 AM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 14,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 View Post
I wish I was joking, hahaha. I think it's a bug with Link but I refuse to go to iCue because I tried it and it was a steaming pile of... yeah.

I won't deny, now I've had AIOs, I can safely say I'm not going to get another one. Other than looking nice, they don't offer much better performance than a decent air cooler; so if this one does go bang, I'll be getting a D15 Chromax like yours. My next rig will need liquid cooling due to space constraints but I'll be building my own loop then.

Greg Salazar on YouTube, College graduate, Basically a scientist, Did a good video explaining that most AIO's once heat soak sets in can actually be worse than beefy air coolers like the NH-D15, If I ever move on from air cooling it will be a proper WC setup, AIO's just aren't worth it.
__________________
= Steam/Origin/Uplay - Dicehunter =
Reply With Quote
  #11104  
Old 08-08-20, 02:45 PM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 7,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Greg Salazar on YouTube, College graduate, Basically a scientist, Did a good video explaining that most AIO's once heat soak sets in can actually be worse than beefy air coolers like the NH-D15, If I ever move on from air cooling it will be a proper WC setup, AIO's just aren't worth it.
Same with custom cooling setups where your front intake serves as your radiator placement too.

Once things have normalised in the water, your fresh incoming air effectively goes through a hot radiator thus warming your airflow resulting in higher temps over all. Its why printed the clamps to move my rads from the front to the top.
Reply With Quote
  #11105  
Old 08-08-20, 04:35 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 15,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Greg Salazar on YouTube, College graduate, Basically a scientist, Did a good video explaining that most AIO's once heat soak sets in can actually be worse than beefy air coolers like the NH-D15, If I ever move on from air cooling it will be a proper WC setup, AIO's just aren't worth it.
You mean the passive aggressive little twerp who always slags people off because he doesn't like capitalism, yet is a total ho himself?

I unsubbed. I liked him at first but his know all passive aggression got on my nerves.

His content is severely lacking too. Maybe that is why he spends so much time on Craigslist looking for people to slag off.

Lian Li sent him one of those £2000+ desks and he was going to put an I3 in it

That was about enough for me.
__________________


If you don't like what I post don't read it.
Reply With Quote
  #11106  
Old 08-08-20, 04:43 PM
Dark NighT's Avatar
Dark NighT Dark NighT is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
You mean the passive aggressive little twerp who always slags people off because he doesn't like capitalism, yet is a total ho himself?

I unsubbed. I liked him at first but his know all passive aggression got on my nerves.

His content is severely lacking too. Maybe that is why he spends so much time on Craigslist looking for people to slag off.

Lian Li sent him one of those £2000+ desks and he was going to put an I3 in it

That was about enough for me.

Watched maybe a few video's of him to see what he was about and yeah he's not very entertaining, original or really engaging to watch, it's all about him that one and it puts me off big time.
__________________
Rig: Cpu: AMD R7 3700X. Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 wifi. Ram: Gskill Royal Silver 3200mhz cl16: Gpu: Msi RTX2070 Armor. Asus Xonar STX II.
Reply With Quote
  #11107  
Old 08-08-20, 04:56 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 14,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Same with custom cooling setups where your front intake serves as your radiator placement too.

Once things have normalised in the water, your fresh incoming air effectively goes through a hot radiator thus warming your airflow resulting in higher temps over all. Its why printed the clamps to move my rads from the front to the top.

Friend of mine in Germany has his rig watercooled but he has all the pipes going out of his rig and into his fairly large utility closet that is well ventilated that contains a few pumps and 480 rads, He gets crazy low temps on his loop.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
You mean the passive aggressive little twerp who always slags people off because he doesn't like capitalism, yet is a total ho himself?

I unsubbed. I liked him at first but his know all passive aggression got on my nerves.

His content is severely lacking too. Maybe that is why he spends so much time on Craigslist looking for people to slag off.

Lian Li sent him one of those £2000+ desks and he was going to put an I3 in it

That was about enough for me.

I only watched that 1 video, I couldn't stop staring at his teeth, They reminded me of the Mask


__________________
= Steam/Origin/Uplay - Dicehunter =
Reply With Quote
  #11108  
Old 08-08-20, 05:20 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 15,329
Schmooookin ! lol.
__________________


If you don't like what I post don't read it.
Reply With Quote
  #11109  
Old 11-08-20, 06:56 PM
Kei's Avatar
Kei Kei is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Wales
Posts: 579
Matched quartet of Electro-Harmonix 6CA7 valves for my amp.
__________________
Gigabyte Aorus X399 Gaming 7 ⁞⁞ Ryzen TR 1920x ⁞⁞ 32GB Team 3200C14 ⁞⁞ EK Blocks + αcool XT45 rads ⁞⁞ AMD Radeon Vega 56 ⁞⁞ GTX 780 3GB
Enthoo Primo ⁞⁞ Seasonic Prime 750W ⁞⁞ Polaris SM961 256GB ⁞⁞ WD SN750 1TB ⁞⁞ 850 Pro 512GB ⁞⁞ M500 240GB ⁞⁞ WD 6TB, 4TB & 1TB
Samsung C27HG70 ⁞⁞ Ducky Shine 5 ⁞⁞ Intel X710 NIC ⁞⁞ AJA Kona LSe ⁞⁞ RME HDSPe AIO ⁞⁞ Marantz AV7701 ⁞⁞ Tannoy SRM 10B

Reply With Quote
  #11110  
Old 11-08-20, 10:18 PM
Dark NighT's Avatar
Dark NighT Dark NighT is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,038
Bit late in the year, but wanted to have a bbq again.


__________________
Rig: Cpu: AMD R7 3700X. Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 wifi. Ram: Gskill Royal Silver 3200mhz cl16: Gpu: Msi RTX2070 Armor. Asus Xonar STX II.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 09:22 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.