Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 27-10-17, 08:39 PM
OC3D Elite

Mid range phones

I'm unfortunately back in the phone market after i had to return my UMI max due to CPU usage/battery issues. The budget is 200-300eu, i do not care for games or photography, but i do care about battery life, sturdiness and a lack of BS.
After doing some research i've ended up with the Huawei P10 lite, the LG Q6 and the Nokia 6. They all pretty much cost the same, the P10 lite has the best specs (not by much and not sure how much it matters) and it's the lightest, the LG is intriguing because it's fairly small for the screen size and the main reason the Nokia is intriguing is because of their security update policy. I did look at the Moto G5s Plus, but i think the way the camera is implemented could be quite annoying because it protrudes so much.
Would love to hear if anyone has had any experience with the phones i listed or a recommendation for another phone in that price segment. I am not really interested in trying any more chinese startup brands, their customer support seems to not be particularly great and the software side of things is fairly wonky.

Old 28-10-17, 12:29 AM
AMD Enthusiast

The Moto X4 is a solid mid-range phone from I've read. Also has mostly stock Android which is by far the cleanest and fastest version of Android.
Old 28-10-17, 09:22 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
The Moto X4 is a solid mid-range phone from I've read. Also has mostly stock Android which is by far the cleanest and fastest version of Android.
That one is 400€ unfortunately. Stock android i prefer as well, the lack of it is the reason for why i won't consider a samsung phone. Nokia runs stock android and LG very close to stock, huawei deviates a bit more.
Old 28-10-17, 04:45 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Moto G5 plus? The 32GB model has 3GB RAM and the 64GB model has 4GB. That's insane for a mid-range phone. I saw it on a review for 300 British pounds
Old 28-10-17, 06:51 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Moto G5 plus? The 32GB model has 3GB RAM and the 64GB model has 4GB. That's insane for a mid-range phone. I saw it on a review for 300 British pounds
Yea i considered it, but the way the camera is implemented is pretty awful, protrudes a lot. It goes for about 280€, definitely the winner in terms of price/performance. But i'm not a power user, hence a sturdy build is of greater quality to me. 3GB/4GB seems to be the norm now in the 200-300€ range.
I ended up ordering the Nokia 6, weakest in specs, but they apparently are very quick with the updates, it has a full aluminium body and according to android authority it latches on quite well to cellular networks (whatever that is worth, one of their reviewers thought it was outrageous that the LG Q6 doesn't have a fingerprint sensor, called it an important feature and genuinely thought it was safe), something my old phone had issues with sometimes. Thank you for the suggestions though.