Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Cases & Power

Old 12-03-14, 01:10 AM

Thermaltake have finally stepped up to the plate

Hi guys ,
Firstly this is not a case review just my thoughts on my new purchase.
I have never owned a thermaltake case and am certainly not a fan of theirs.

I know there are a lot of thermaltake case haters on this forum and with good reason, I believe Thermaltacky was a quote i saw recently

I just bought a Thermaltake Core V71 Full-Tower Chassis and was worried after talking to members about weather the build quality of the case was crappy.

It arrived yesterday and i was pleasantly suprised
I Have 2 Hafx cases and really like the build quality and have mates with corsair cases and quality of those cases is excellent too.
Being in the metal trades for a living i can tell poor build quality when i see it,

Believe it or not the build quality of the case is excellent and is mostly all steel. It has a fully modular desighn and heaps of radiator support and a large window.

The first thing i did when i got this case was to pull it out of the box and give it a thorough going over.

Both side panels are strong and not flimsy at all ,the side window is solid and not cheap and even it can be removed and replaced.
The way the side panels mount onto the case similar to the hafx and works well.
The front of the case and top are mostly steel mesh with some plastic but they also are solid and not flimsy ,the rest of the case is all solid steel and not cheap bandy rubbish. There are also removable dust filters all over the case which is good to see.

I pulled out the hard drive cages and checked them , they are all solid steel and the quality of the hard drive holders is good solid plastic like the Hafx , the way they mount in the hard drive cages and the locking mechanisms are really solid and not flimsy at all.
The modular system works well and is easy to remove and swap hard drive cages even when they are mounted in various positions without the front rail to hold them the way they attached to the case frame with thumb screws is rock solid and they don't move.

Please ! Tom ( Guv ) do yourself and your viewers a favor and check out this case ! the price is awesome too , IMHO i reckon you would give it a gold award if you checked it out

For those who have not seen it here is a link
http://www.thermaltake.com/products-...?id=C_00002231

I just thought i would share my thoughts on this , because there are a lot of cases on the market now and i really do believe thermaltake have finally stepped up to the plate

Old 12-03-14, 02:01 AM

Must say, I personally haven't liked most of TT's cases, but this one you've shown looks amazing! Reminds me of the older Mac Pro's case which I loved.
Old 12-03-14, 02:25 AM

Hi BrandonR-NZ
i really liked the look of this case also , and was skeptical about getting it and hoped i wasn't wasting my money.
But now i am glad i did the modular system works really well , all thumbscrews , no clips or such and airflow is great too with removable dust filters on all fans , front ,top, psu . The price here in Australia was $199 which for what you get is awesome.
It is a well built solidly constructed case and you can tell it has been designed by an enthusiast
Old 12-03-14, 04:01 AM
Bettyswollocks

You will find the vast majority of us despise Thermaltacky stuff I've been all over this case today and the only thing going for it is the radiator support it's still overpriced IMO for what you get and I found the build quality no better than its predecessor, TT will always have poor cases I mean the Level 10 GTs were simply awful, the Chasers belong in the bin and the Urban S71 was nothing but a poor copy of the Corsair Obsidian.

My conclusion is that TT should stick to PSUs and cooling.
Old 12-03-14, 04:41 AM

Hi Wraithguard ,
I'm curious as to your reasons behind this aside from looks ?
Did you see this case in person ?
Old 12-03-14, 08:53 AM
born in a.....

Good solid plastic but I bet you it'll fall apart in six months. Its how Thermaltake stuff is really, it seems alright at first but breaks quickly.
Rig: i7 [email protected]|2x8gb HyperX Fury|Intel z97-AR|Corsair H75| 2x Nvidia 1070 founders edition|Superflower leadex 750W gold|Inwin 904| 970 EVO 500GB m.2|512GB evo 840| Crucial MX 500 500GB|ASUS MG279Q +Acer S240HL| Windows 10 pro, 8.1 pro| Kubuntu LTS
Audio: Silverstone EB01-E+EB03+DT 770 Pro 250Ω+Samson SAGOMIC
Ducky Legend (cherry red)+Zowie AM-FG
Old 12-03-14, 09:32 AM
OC3D Elite

Without having it in hand it's hard to tell about quality.

However, from a design point of view, they've cut down on ODD bays, added support for moving HDD/SSDs to the back which is the first time I've seen a case offer this for 3.5inch HDDs without mods, added loads of WCing support and removable cages.

At least this is a step in the right direction for them. I'm not a massive fan of the aesthetics but I'll still praise them for the features.

I am looking at the top radiator support with confusion though:

Surely all of that top is wasted space in that picture? Seems like they've added support for a 60mm thick radiator above, and also another 60mm of space below which in any situation is pointless to have both?
Old 12-03-14, 10:01 AM
The Webmaster

a nice idea.. I'm not entirely convinced by the watercooling photo/mockup though

A - where have they routed the tubing..
B - it looks like the tube res goes behind the top fans/radiator ... is there really room for that?
C - 9 fans worth of radiator for just a CPU and top-end of mobo.. lol

It's thermaltake, it'l fall apart regardless
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 12-03-14, 10:11 AM
The Guvnor

I for one will not be wasting my time on it

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 12-03-14, 10:33 AM
The Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
I for one will not be wasting my time on it
I'm not entirely sure that statement was required :P we knew dude haha
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!