Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 05-05-21, 10:37 AM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 20,135
The Witcher's 3 best graphics mod may be added to the game's Next-Gen version

Halk Hogan's The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project NextGen my become an official part of The Witcher 3.



Read more about Halk Hogan's The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Next-Gen potentially becoming an official part of The Witcher 3.

__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-05-21, 05:01 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 14,880
CDPR should hire the guy, His work is amazing !
__________________
= Steam/Origin/Uplay - Dicehunter =
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-05-21, 04:19 PM
jcchg jcchg is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Spain
Posts: 78
Zooming in, textures look great. But I'm sure the most impactful upgrade they can make for TW3 Enhanced Edition is lighting.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-05-21, 05:50 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 17,731
Agreed his work is good but it's not the biggest problem from a graphics standpoint. NPCs look bad, facial animations are meh, lighting needs an update, and the monsters are generally lower poly which I don't think anyone has addressed in any mod afaik.

Really hope they go all out for an overhaul. I'd pay money for it. Only game that is worth paying for an graphics overhaul for me. Another 10 or so playthroughs sounds like fun..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-05-21, 08:27 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 14,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Agreed his work is good but it's not the biggest problem from a graphics standpoint. NPCs look bad, facial animations are meh, lighting needs an update, and the monsters are generally lower poly which I don't think anyone has addressed in any mod afaik.

Really hope they go all out for an overhaul. I'd pay money for it. Only game that is worth paying for an graphics overhaul for me. Another 10 or so playthroughs sounds like fun..
I'm half way through but upon learning an enhanced edition was coming out with a possibility of Hogans work added in, I stopped XD

Going to save myself for the full fat shiny experience !
__________________
= Steam/Origin/Uplay - Dicehunter =
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-05-21, 11:26 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 17,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
I'm half way through but upon learning an enhanced edition was coming out with a possibility of Hogans work added in, I stopped XD

Going to save myself for the full fat shiny experience !
If you haven't finished it once, you definitely need to. It's still worth it. Very much worth it. This enhanced version won't be coming for probably 5 more months at least(my guess)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-05-21, 08:45 AM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 7,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
If you haven't finished it once, you definitely need to. It's still worth it. Very much worth it. This enhanced version won't be coming for probably 5 more months at least(my guess)
The DLC is amazing too. Best game i have ever experienced. And the only one where I intentionally didnt do the last quest because I never wanted it to end.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-05-21, 08:49 AM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 14,880
Fine you've both talked me into it, Gonna play a completely unmodded Witcher 3 before this enhanced version comes out.
__________________
= Steam/Origin/Uplay - Dicehunter =
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-05-21, 05:51 PM
Dawelio's Avatar
Dawelio Dawelio is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 5,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Fine you've both talked me into it, Gonna play a completely unmodded Witcher 3 before this enhanced version comes out.
The almighty Dicey couldn't stand the group pressure!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-05-21, 12:37 PM
Greenback's Avatar
Greenback Greenback is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Fine you've both talked me into it, Gonna play a completely unmodded Witcher 3 before this enhanced version comes out.
I wouldn't worry about playing through with it unmodded the first time, because you'll be playing it again plenty of times plus you'll be able to notice the difference once it's been upgraded, which gives you a new reason to go wondering around looking at eye candy
__________________
CASE: NZXT H440 white
CPU: RYZEN7 3700x, H100i GTX
MB: Gigabyte x570
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: Gigabyte white 2070
OS: CRUCIAL MX100 250GB
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 11:38 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.