Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 06-10-15, 09:29 AM
News Guru

NZXT have just released a matte black version of their popular H440 case

NZXT have just released a matte black version of their popular H440 case. Did they steal our idea?

Read more on NZXT's H440 Matte Black Chassis.

Old 06-10-15, 09:39 AM
OC3D Elite

Very nice gee wiz NZXT are doing some very clever things lately
Coolermaster H500P White ARGB=AMD Ryzen 3700X=MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= Sapphire RX5700XT Nitro Plus=Coolermaster ML360R ARGB=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Roccat AIMO White=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with RBG strip=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Razer Firefly RGB CE=Soundblaster ZXR
Old 06-10-15, 09:45 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
NZXT have just released a matte black version of their popular H440 case. Did they steal our idea?
Personally, I'd call it "Listening to input from the community". This seems like a good thing for everyone involved here so no need to make it sound negative

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Old 06-10-15, 09:52 AM
OC3D Elite

hmmm, should I go for a 3rd H440

Hope these come in stock soon. Really want a full tower version to come out with more rad support.

Watercooling - custom
Old 06-10-15, 10:06 AM
OC3D Elite

As i have said in a different thread. hmmmm i wonder where they got the idea from

I will say yes they stole the idea from TTL
Old 06-10-15, 10:11 AM
OC3D Elite

But it sounds rather petty when it is posted on FB

Watercooling - custom
Old 06-10-15, 10:12 AM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feronix View Post
Personally, I'd call it "Listening to input from the community". This seems like a good thing for everyone involved here so no need to make it sound negative
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
As i have said in a different thread. hmmmm i wonder where they got the idea from

I will say yes they stole the idea from TTL
It is just a bit of a joke saying that they stole our idea.

With the redesigns for the top and front airflow and the HDD slots I can say as an engineer that they have definitely been considering this for a long while. since before the video anyway.
Old 06-10-15, 10:28 AM
OC3D Elite

'Inspired by Tom'
TBH I think it's a really good facelift. I've been tossing up between this and the Define S. This new update is tipping things back towards NZXT. Airflow sorted. Just need it in blue now

Old 06-10-15, 11:34 AM

Cool! I like the windowless version.
Old 06-10-15, 11:39 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feronix View Post
This.

It's long been known that these companies do not listen to their customers. Richard Swinburne (BindiBagi) wrote a killer article about it in Custom PC a year or two ago.

This is also why I don't have any hate for Thermaltake, because they just give people what they want at a lower price. Their latest chassis is actually quite awesome.

Back when I was a graphic designer and part time coder for an emulator project we (myself and a friend of mine) decided to make our own program to run on the emulator. We named it, penned out all of our ideas on a forum and then I put up some very rough graphics to show what the machine would look like.

It never really went anywhere.. Any way, 18 months later we were on the motorway in his car and lo and behold there stood a fruit machine, exactly as we had envisioned it.

Was I erm, annoyed? at first yeah. My pee was really boiling. Then after an hour or so I actually felt really proud of myself

They say that imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.