Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Corsair Customer Care Forum

Old 19-11-13, 08:10 AM

Corsair H100i & ASUS Formula VI

Hey all,
Trying to install the backing plate for this and when I do, it is very very loose. When I screw the standoffs all the way in, the bracket is still loose.
Yes, I am using the correct standoffs (got it wrong to start).
Any ideas please?

I have done some internet searching but nothing cam eto light.

Thanks...

Old 19-11-13, 08:21 AM
OC3D Elite

I had a Corsair AIO with the exact same problem. I think all of the units have this issue (if it is an issue). I dont know if Corsair have rectified this but i noticed that it does not provide enough and unequal mounting pressure. I just put plastic washers between the motherboard and backplate with satisfying results. Gave me better and more equal mounting pressure and knocked a couple degrees of my CPU aswell. Make sure to use non conductive washers such as plastic or rubber.
Hardware: Shinobi XL w.custom window | Msi Z77A-GD65 | i5 3570k | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | 7970 Lightning BE | AX 850 | SSD's: Samsung 830 128GB , Corsair Force GT 120 GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 750 GB | XonarD2X | Edifier S730 | iiyama prolite g2773hs-gb1 |

Watercooling: EK supremacy p/n | EK 7970Ltg. a/n | D5+EK Top | UT60 360 and 240 rads | EK X3 150 res. | Tygon 13/19mm | Bitspower C.fittings |

Old 19-11-13, 11:37 AM
OC3D Crew

If you already haven't. Put the block on (maybe you haven't already because the looseness of the backplate is scaring you), tighten it up and the back plate will tighten up.

Had 2 friends ring me on the same day within the same hour with the same issue, they put the backplate on and stopped installing the cooler because they was a bit unsure, they put the block on like I told them and wallah
Old 19-11-13, 12:54 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDTP View Post
If you already haven't. Put the block on (maybe you haven't already because the looseness of the backplate is scaring you), tighten it up and the back plate will tighten up.

Had 2 friends ring me on the same day within the same hour with the same issue, they put the backplate on and stopped installing the cooler because they was a bit unsure, they put the block on like I told them and wallah
YUP, theDTP hit the nail right on the head. I had the same and it tightened up just fine.
Main Rig-Intel i7 2600K @4.4Ghz-Gigabyte P67 UD7-Asus 6950 Direct cu11-16gig Mushkin 2133mhz Redline Ridgeback-Corsair AX860i-Corsair Obsidian 800D-Bitfenix/Noiseblocker Fans-Custom CPU water cooling loop.
Folding Rig- AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition-Corsair H100i-Asus Crosshair-EVGA GTX560Ti 448 core Classified-8gig Crucial Ballistix Tracer-Corsair AX850-Coolermaster Cosmos S-Corsair case fans.

Old 19-11-13, 10:06 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDTP View Post

^ This
Old 19-11-13, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_beard View Post
^ This
I am waiting on the correct fans to arrive before I do. I trust it will all be good then

Cheers all.
Old 20-11-13, 12:23 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwalker View Post
I am waiting on the correct fans to arrive before I do. I trust it will all be good then

Cheers all.
Yup, should be fine. But for some odd reason it's not securing the pump properly, let me know right away
Old 20-11-13, 03:48 AM
OC3D Elite

i believe this is due to the different thicknesses of the motherboards. some are thin
you'll have some "standard" thickness boards and then there some that are extra
thick (multi-layer PCB ), depending on "options" of the motherboard.
Old 20-11-13, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdeano View Post
i believe this is due to the different thicknesses of the motherboards. some are thin
you'll have some "standard" thickness boards and then there some that are extra
thick (multi-layer PCB ), depending on "options" of the motherboard.
I would not think the premium ASUS boards would be too thin!

Maybe...
Old 20-11-13, 11:41 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwalker View Post
I would not think the premium ASUS boards would be too thin!

Maybe...
its not that it is thin (rather is normal thickness) the giggy UD7 is thick with
no slack in the mount.