Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Graphics & Displays > Graphics Cards

Old 09-10-12, 11:02 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicey View Post
Maybe I'm vain but the GTX 670 with its shorter PCB really is not something I'd want in my rig. If it had the same sized PCB as the GTX 680 I'd have no qualms with putting two in my system. Again just vanity but I do care a lot about how my rig looks otherwise I wouldn't have water cooled and gone with a Black/Red theme with every item I purchased for it.
No -
But - the only 670s we recommend people getting are the KFA2, Gigabyte WF and the Asus DCII. If people are watercooling then the EGVA 670 with the 680 PCB...
ie - the only 670s we ever tell people to get are the ones that have a proper sized PCB.

I haven't ever seen anybody recommend a completely reference 670 on this forum - and nobody should have the need to use reference these days anyway considering the small price difference between reference and non-reference.

When I bought mine you could get the Palit Jetstream for £310, when reference models were only £299.
Bit of a bigger difference now - but to me, it's still worth the extra £30 for the gigabyte windforcee or the KFA2 over reference

Old 09-10-12, 11:05 AM
OC3D Crew

I had no idea that Asus was selling a 4GB GTX 670 for the same price as the cheapest GTX 680!

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/4gb-a...1344-dp-dl-dvi

I might actually pick two of these up. Uses long PCB too.
Intel Core i9 7900X @ 4.7GHz [Delidded & Lapped] @ 1.23v Asus Rampage VI Extreme G.Skill Trident RGB 32GB 3600MHz CL17 Samsung 1TB 970 Pro NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti FE @ 2GHz Asus Swift PG279Q Custom Water Loop