Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 06-08-20, 11:18 PM
OC3D Elite

This is a lovely little hack too.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/iJoy-Aven...8AAOSwA2pfJ2QY

It gets around the dumb ass EU "2ml tanks only !" law. I have one on both of mine. Order spares too, because when you drop it they will break.

If you don't like what I post don't read it.
Old 07-08-20, 05:51 AM
OC3D Elite

I wish I could go back to vaping, but it was identified as one of the factors in me developing pneumonia, when I got a chest infection.

Each time I got a chest infection and I was vaping it turned in to pneumonia, as soon as I stopped vaping the chest infections went away and so did the pneumonia, not suffered with either for over a year now since I stopped vaping.

I used a lot of Smok stuff, and made my own coils for a few tanks. I had in total something like 20 batteries, 3 mods, 2 rebuildable tanks, 2 Smok tanks and a couple of Mesh tanks.

Passed it all to my neighbour with about 3 litres of juice when I found out I couldn't vape anymore.

The best juice for me though was a Strawberry, Kiwi and Lime bubblegum flavour, oh it was so nice but that also made me realise I am allergic to Strawberry and Kiwi

My dad like the Heisenberg juice and would use that all the time as well as Pinkman, but he was smoking normal cig's at the same time as vaping and in the end he just gave up vaping.

Server PC: 2700x, 16GB Corsair DDR4, MSI GTX 1660Ti, Gigabyte 120Gb M.2, Crucial 240Gb SSD, WD Blue 500Gb SSD, 2x Seagate 6Tb HDD's

Old 07-08-20, 06:49 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
Honestly I do still enjoy a few bevvies, but I know my limit and stop or go without completely. My next vise is smoking, looking into vape systems at the minute so when Tolemac has a few minutes I'll give him a shout for advice.
I'm about all day mate if you need a chat. As for Vaping I know quite a few e-cig youtube reviewers which will happily spend time in Zoom to give you the right advice. Vaping is a very diverse market atm. new products are a bit scarce this year. Alien is right about using Molicel batteries as they are the only ones that are recommended for e-cig use. It really depends on whether you just want an e-cig to quit smoking or you go into it as a hobby as well. For 72mg nicotine I know a company that you can get it from and it's quite near you mate.

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla

Old 07-08-20, 12:21 PM
OC3D Elite

I've been considering a switch to vaping recently, I'm sure in most cases its undoubtedly better than smoking but I get a bit of a "Better the devil you know" vibe with some of the vape-specific illnesses popping up over the last few years. I assume its to do with certain chemicals used in certain e-liquids or vapes rather than the concept itself but it still seems like a bit of a wild west market to a newcomer. I usually only smoke for the green stuff rather than nicotine so I'd need higher temperature units and that too, though I'm not a daily smoker or anything now far from it (I mostly use it as an alcohol substitute now really), though ofc when I do smoke in this case its without any filter. To be honest I think I might just switch to cooking/making tea with it instead, my main concern now is how it impacts my exercise/cardio/lung capacity, though I've managed to make huge improvements there this year just with more exercise so far anyway.
Old 07-08-20, 03:16 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
I've been considering a switch to vaping recently, I'm sure in most cases its undoubtedly better than smoking but I get a bit of a "Better the devil you know" vibe with some of the vape-specific illnesses popping up over the last few years. I assume its to do with certain chemicals used in certain e-liquids or vapes rather than the concept itself but it still seems like a bit of a wild west market to a newcomer. I usually only smoke for the green stuff rather than nicotine so I'd need higher temperature units and that too, though I'm not a daily smoker or anything now far from it (I mostly use it as an alcohol substitute now really), though ofc when I do smoke in this case its without any filter. To be honest I think I might just switch to cooking/making tea with it instead, my main concern now is how it impacts my exercise/cardio/lung capacity, though I've managed to make huge improvements there this year just with more exercise so far anyway.
Just put it in a pipe with a metal mesh and smoke it like that.

The only vaping related illnesses I have seen at all anywhere are related to THC which is an oil. Oil and lungs don't mix, it causes pneumonia.

Oh and of course the butter flavouring diacetal? diacetel? that causes popcorn lung.

I've always avoided those flavours any way as they are rank. Tastes like a mouthful of puke. I have always used fruit flavours.

Like I said man, 9 years. Before that I was developing severe issues from smoking. Since then? I feel like a non smoker. I've had one cough in 9 years and I think that was Covid.

Just don't, whatever you do, vape THC. It's really, really dangerous. The cig makers tried to big the issue up as vaping, when every single case when questioned were honest and admitted it wasn't vape liquid they were vaping.

Old 07-08-20, 03:38 PM
OC3D Elite

Didn't know about the THC thing with vaping, yeah I guess that rules me out there at least until that's researched more. I think Acetate (Vitamin E) was the chemical I'd heard most closely related to "EVALI":

https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_in...g-disease.html

Quote:
Vitamin E acetate is strongly linked to the EVALI outbreak. Vitamin E acetate has been found in product samples tested by FDA and state laboratories and in patient lung fluid samples tested by CDC from geographically diverse states. Vitamin E acetate has not been found in the lung fluid of people that do not have EVALI.
Maybe this explains the link?

Quote:
Vitamin E acetate is used as an additive, most notably in THC-containing e-cigarette, or vaping, products.
If that is the reason, I guess this is only really used in "dodgy"/unregulated liquids.

I've had pneumonia once before but that was many years ago when I was a bit of a wrong'un as a kid, I was on spice, amphetamines & ket back then and not something I'd want a repeat of yeah
Old 07-08-20, 06:30 PM
OC3D Elite

The whole "blow up" of this was because of dodgy THC. Or rather, THC will oils in it.

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consum...taining-vaping

Within weeks there was a hysteria going around about vaping causing people to die, or get pneumonia. It was very quickly linked to the tobacco industry (the articles) as they very quickly latched onto it without all of the facts.

It turned out that people who said they were not vaping THC lied because they were doing so in states where it wasn't legal.

TBH? after nearly 30 years of smoking I could barely make it up the stairs. In the mornings I would cough for about 30 mins after waking up, some mornings I would struggle to breathe. It really was getting scary. My second ex wife ended up talking me into it, and tbh? if vaping does kill me I can tell you that the lead up to the death from it is nowhere near as bad as smoking. Because I was already at the point where I was really beginning to notice massive changes.

I've had pneumonia twice. Second case was walking pneumonia, which wasn't that bad but the first one had me in bed for seven weeks. Like you I was a cannabis smoker then and I could not stop smoking it which just made it worse. It's the sickest I have ever been in my entire life. My friends would bring me bottles of lemonade and stuff and I would fill them up with green phlegm and joke it was "Phlegmonade".

But yeah, it was terrifying.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/20/doct...ients-lie.html

And to quote -

Likely culprit

U.S. and state health officials have traced the illness to vaping, mostly THC, and so far have identified vitamin E oil as a likely culprit. There might be “many problematic substances causing lung injury,” CDC Principal Deputy Director Anne Schuchat told Congress last week.

“It may turn out there are only two kinds of people who get this disease: those who vape THC and those who won’t admit it,” said Dr. Scott Aberegg, a critical care pulmonologist at University of Utah Health. Aberegg has treated more than 30 patients with EVALI so far.

Oil and lungs does not mix. It's the same reason why young animals and babies are vulnerable because sometimes they breathe in the milk and it causes pneumonia.

Old 07-08-20, 06:53 PM
OC3D Elite

That makes sense, so presumably it's the vitamin E oil in these "THC oil mixtures" rather than the THC compound itself? Since isn't the compound itself is only a lipid, like CBD, and most flavourings, until it's dissolved into something to create an oil? IE I assume this problem hasn't been seen from vaping flower or # or concentrates? (Though from what I hear that's messy business that requires higher temperatures, so I doubt I'd try it anyway, just intrigued)

I've not smoked anything since coming back to Gozo, just trying out the local cheap wine on the weekends (No way I'm risking getting in trouble with the dodgy cops round here, especially since its not like English cities where most will turn a blind eye to personal use now, at least as a white-passing guy anyway), so I might go down the digestion route rather than retaking up smoking or drinking once I'm back (Need a way to unwind on weekends that doesn't harm my circulation too much by the night when consumed in excess if you get me lol).
Old 07-08-20, 07:08 PM
OC3D Elite

Yeah definitely a THC only affair tbh. It was confused at first, until someone noted that the article was on Philip Morris. They then traced the guy who had been in hospital and he made a video admitting it was THC.

It may have been cut with something? IDK, not my bag lol.

The only thing I have ever seen in relation to vaping that was most certainly bad was popcorn lung.

The reason it is caused that is because it used to be used as a flavouring in popcorn, and contains diacetyl?

https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/flavoringl...lled%202%2C3,1

Yay, on third try I got the spelling right lol. Yeah, they were using that early on to create butter flavours. Like popcorn and ETC ETC. My ex bought some in 2011, we both nearly puked. As I say, like a mouthful of hot vomit. It came to light about a year later, but I have always been on fruit flavours.

But yeah Philip Morris tried it on big time earlier this year. Fake was being spread all around Facebook and etc.

Old 13-08-20, 11:49 AM
OC3D Elite

Didn't realise Forge had finally been added to the stable release of Halo MCC PC, can't resist making some race maps again (Currently for Reach/2/3 but I've only tried in Reach because Forge World)

Tags
banter, conversation, entertainment, fun, jokes, safe for work, small talk