Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 08-10-19, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Exactly.

And EPIC CEO has even admitted, If steam reduce their cut, Epic will stop doing exlusive deals, and further more will allow Epic games on steam.

Reading the crunch times going on at Rockstar and Netherrealms just to provide us with something too is atrocious. And yet here we sit whining when Steam don't get the titles we want.
Also the best games coming out now are by a few people large indie teams, they need all the revenue they can get, especially when they can't afford to sell at high prices otherwise no one would buy them. Why should Valve get such a large cut of all their hard work, it's daylight robbery.

Old 08-10-19, 10:37 AM

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/10/...ustry-standard

30% seems to be the industry standard
Old 08-10-19, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCO77YBOY View Post
https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/10/...ustry-standard

30% seems to be the industry standard .

The way i see it , if you go with epic games you get a ford fiesta but if you go with steam you get a cossie.
Old 08-10-19, 11:06 AM

If they had released the game on all stores at the same time , i would have just bought it of the rockstar store like i did GTA V cos you need there launcher open to play it anyways, but because of the 30 day BS against steam , i think i will just buy it of steam cos they don't want me to and enjoy the 30%
Old 08-10-19, 11:38 AM
OC3D Elite

You can't compare console, smartphone/OS/app, retail ect stores to Steam. The over heads for the former options, where the large store cut is necessary often just to break even with console, retail or OS products, and are often the only thing funding multi million pound projects for the platform, shouldn't be compared to the fairly meagre overheads of a single windows application and online marketplace, where the excess wealth is instead siphoned off to support Valves further efforts at monopolisation like Steam Machines(which came after Gaben got upset that Microsoft had the cheek to sell products via an app store on their own OS) or niche vanity projects.

Besides, Steam is operating in an open platform, they can't get to call whatever cut they like, they should have to compete for it. Multiple stores are now undercutting them and thanks to Epic 30% is no longer the standard on PC (as others have followed including MS)
Old 08-10-19, 04:22 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
Also the best games coming out now are by a few people large indie teams, they need all the revenue they can get, especially when they can't afford to sell at high prices otherwise no one would buy them. Why should Valve get such a large cut of all their hard work, it's daylight robbery.
Someone with common sense.

Sure Epic may be stirring the pot and causing greif, but the fact that they took a juggernaut on and got attention attached to it is only a good thing. People call them anti consumer when they are literally fighting anti consumer practices by Steam.

If steam even dropped to 15% it would probably be fine. They could make the argument we provide a better service and will charge 3% more than Epic. That's fair(I don't think it is but my opinion). But then they better improve customer service because it's dogcrap.