Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 01-07-19, 06:04 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Oh wow you both get to enjoy another 100+ hours of Witcher 3 now

Old 01-07-19, 06:47 AM
OC3D Elite

Yeah so what's the best way to apply the mods as I've not added mods to any game before and I know that's bad but give me a break I'm an old fart but not adverse to learning new things
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 3700X=MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= Sapphire RX5700XT Nitro Plus=NZXT Kraken X62=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Old 01-07-19, 07:20 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
Yeah so what's the best way to apply the mods as I've not added mods to any game before and I know that's bad but give me a break I'm an old fart but not adverse to learning new things
Most mods have instructions on how to do it. really easy tbh. Most mods you just download and move a folder into a mods folder you create. But that's basically it.
Old 01-07-19, 08:16 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Most mods have instructions on how to do it. really easy tbh. Most mods you just download and move a folder into a mods folder you create. But that's basically it.
Sweet thanks buddy!
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 3700X=MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= Sapphire RX5700XT Nitro Plus=NZXT Kraken X62=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Old 01-07-19, 10:41 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Well I mean bright side is you now have the ability to completely play all over again more tailored to how you want! Plenty of mods out there. I usually just use small mods. No overhauls. Mostly graphical mods and then a few changes like unlimited weight carry and weapons don't dull. I just find those tedious when I want to explore without having to fast travel back and forth.
Yeah, I don't want any changes to the combat or gameplay. To me sometimes its like the easy way out

Just graphical mods for me. What would you suggest to use?
Old 01-07-19, 05:47 PM
AMD Enthusiast

I would find a reshade mod you personally like. I'm not a fan of the color palette the game has. It's to orangey for me. There's a billion out there but some are definitely better than others. The biggest issue you'll find in them are during the games night time it's pitch black and you cannot see anything. So I would look into a reshade version you like and see if it has issues with that. I know some have a macro you assign that will boost brightness to make it easier to see.

Super Turbo Lightning mod is really good. Doesn't support Blood and Wine though. Unless someone made another mod that extended that to B&W
The HD reworks is good.
There's some volumetric stuff like clouds that add realism to the game. I haven't used them though.

That's all I got off the top of my head. Haven't played in a while and a quick check on Nexus Mods website shows me a A LOT of mods have been added recently. I'll have to go through and check everything out.

Edit: funny enough saw this. So I would definitely use this one too.
tree mod!
Old 01-07-19, 07:24 PM
OC3D Crew

Atmospheric Lighting Mod (ALM) is currently the best lighting mod for TW3. As for Toussaint, my favorite is Lighting Deluxe 2. It's a bit buggy, but nothing serious. ALM is not available on Nexus AFAIK.

ALM: https://mega.nz/#!LrYWkYgJ!87cNaR0di...Ra02gJfVKeto9c
LD2 might be a big hard to find as well, so: https://mega.nz/#!e3YAQCAY!-ecVkolnq...SVVvLWc8lhA49A

Another mod worth having is: https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2144

Some fixes:

Nitpicker's patch: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...NvBMn_Q0SKTJ-Z (download the first file)

Community (Besserwiser's) patch: https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/3163?tab=files
Old 03-07-19, 11:48 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
This was fate. I literally just restarted it, now im going to wait. I have forgotten so much it feels like a new game again.
Dont even have the game. Yet I an looking for a good 1 player game that I can pick up and game now and then....