Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 29-05-19, 09:38 PM
Resident Newb

So just had a rather heated discussion with a completely useless police officer, As most are.

Some chavs were trying to break into the apartment building I live in which is mainly a few women in their 20's and 30's, Few truck drivers and myself.

At first I heard banging, Left it for a minute as I thought it was just someone hammering something, Went on for over a minute so I went down, 5 x chavs aged around 18-22 were trying to break into so they could smoke their pot in the foyer.

I opened the door looking more than a little p****d off as I can't stand chavs to begin with, Had a word, Got the usual "we'll do you" and 2 of them pulled out knives which looked more like machetes which just annoyed me further, Luckily the guy who lives on the ground floor came out with his brother and a friend, They walked away quickly shouting various things.

Phoned the useless police, They came and I pointed out the exact addresses of where the chavs with the REALLY large knives live, Nothing, He gave excuse after excuse after excuse, Absolutely useless like every other police officer I've ever talked to.

I've lived and worked all over Europe and it still amazes me that England has such a huge population of scumbags that seem to be completely protected by the law.

/rant

Old 30-05-19, 04:56 AM
AMD Enthusiast

See this is why the US want their guns so bad. Because you simply cannot rely on the Police.

As an example Dice, if you were in the US and this happened, say you got stabbed and died. Well police are useless for you.. you're dead.
Say they ran off like they did, well police are useless because they won't do anything!

Your life is safest and most assured in your own hands mate. I'm glad your safe. I'm able to handle my own, but not against a group like you so confidently did. That's why I use a gun as an equalizer...
anyway glad you're alright. better peeved off than dead.
Old 30-05-19, 05:19 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
See this is why the US want their guns so bad. Because you simply cannot rely on the Police.

As an example Dice, if you were in the US and this happened, say you got stabbed and died. Well police are useless for you.. you're dead.
Say they ran off like they did, well police are useless because they won't do anything!

Your life is safest and most assured in your own hands mate. I'm glad your safe. I'm able to handle my own, but not against a group like you so confidently did. That's why I use a gun as an equalizer...
anyway glad you're alright. better peeved off than dead.
Very much appreciated thanks bud

Despite all the political non sense it's my main mission in life to move out to Texas to my friends place, He has just under 300 acres, A house smack dab in the middle and a spare room with my name on it, He's shot people trying to break into his house at night, His son has too and that should be the right of anyone the world over, To be able to defend yourself, It's utterly perverse that in the UK you have zero rights when it comes to protecting yourself from scum AND they are protected by the police and do gooders, It truly makes my blood boil.

Old 30-05-19, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Um... no. In that case they'd have pulled guns out on Dice instead of knives.
Old 30-05-19, 09:34 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
Um... no. In that case they'd have pulled guns out on Dice instead of knives.

True but plenty of people get shot where I live and guns are meant to be illegal, There was quite the shoot out between 2 rival gangs only a few streets away from me, Zero on the news though.

Old 30-05-19, 11:59 AM
OC3D Elite

Was the house/apartment uninhabited? Not really a crime the police would really be able to spend time on nowadays in any city with how resources are atm, unfortunately police now can only deal with imminently violent or threatening situations in most urban areas, anything else you call 101 instead usually and put in a report, they just don't have the numbers atm to be dealing with stuff in person. Also with the breakdown of community policing now numbers are really thin, they can't really keep track of people the way they used to, unless they catch someone in the act then there's probably not enough for them to take to CPS for a solid charge.

Still lots of inter gang shootings here in UK but you never hear them used for burglaries or muggings or anything like that. Once a gun has been used for one crime here you can't really use it twice, most end up in a canal quickly, and most people here don't find a gun particularly threatening so it's useless for robberies because most wouldn't assume it's real. I've seen the odd CCTV of people attempting to rob pubs or bookies with hunting shotguns here(Worth noting most guns used for crime in UK are actually legal licensed firearms) and they just get smacked up by random people. Have known the odd pub owner to keep a bird-shot loaded shotty behind the bar though.

Not gonna lie I don't like the word chav at all though, usually a term used by people from a relative position of privilege to describe working class kids for having a demeanour that anyone would after growing up in inner city poverty. Lots of my friends are "chavs", some carry knives, they're not bad people though, just symptoms of the reality that shapes them. If everyone's doing it, they don't have much choice, it's a classic zero-sum game if you want to get into the game-theory about why you can't just ban guns or knives from a society that already has widespread access to them.

I think it's completely right that you can't go shooting or attacking burglars, property or money should never be held to the same value as human life, one is very easy to reimburse and one is impossible, while thievery is almost always a symptom of poverty and increasing the risk & violence involved makes the situation far worse in the long run for everyone involved. Issues like this need to be tackled at the source.
Old 30-05-19, 12:33 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
Was the house/apartment uninhabited? Not really a crime the police would really be able to spend time on nowadays in any city with how resources are atm, unfortunately police now can only deal with imminently violent or threatening situations in most urban areas, anything else you call 101 instead usually and put in a report, they just don't have the numbers atm to be dealing with stuff in person. Also with the breakdown of community policing now numbers are really thin, they can't really keep track of people the way they used to, unless they catch someone in the act then there's probably not enough for them to take to CPS for a solid charge.
No, As I said, The apartment building has several people in it, Me included, I said this quite clearly, There are 12 flats in it, All inhabited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
Not gonna lie I don't like the word chav at all though, usually a term used by people from a relative position of privilege to describe working class kids for having a demeanour that anyone would after growing up in inner city poverty. Lots of my friends are "chavs", some carry knives, they're not bad people though, just symptoms of the reality that shapes them. If everyone's doing it, they don't have much choice, it's a classic zero-sum game if you want to get into the game-theory about why you can't just ban guns or knives from a society that already has widespread access to them.

I think it's completely right that you can't go shooting or attacking burglars, property or money should never be held to the same value as human life, one is very easy to reimburse and one is impossible, while thievery is almost always a symptom of poverty and increasing the risk & violence involved makes the situation far worse in the long run for everyone involved. Issues like this need to be tackled at the source.

Too bad, Chavs are scum, I don't come from any privileged background, I have had to put up with this type of scum most of my life, They ruin entire neighbourhoods, Best place for them would be infront of the firing squad.

Old 30-05-19, 01:11 PM
OC3D Elite

By apartment I meant flat rather than the whole building sorry, are these are classed as different residencies, so I couldn't tell how inhabited. Like I said though, without better funding, crimes regarding property are at the bottom of the list (I know many cops, including family, who relish the times when this wasn't the case, but nowadays even violent cases can get little to no time possible spent on them as I know all too well.)

It's the neighbourhoods that create people like this. This is why you can't "cleanse" places. Doesn't matter how many people you send to prison or force out of the area, if the area is not a sustainable place to live, it will bread toxicity, in every generation. The fact is, your attitude is also a part of the wider long term problem, why would they view you with any more respect than you view them? You're literally advocating for the murder of people based on their socio-economic background, something they had no control over, how can you claim any high ground?

People do really, really dumb sh*t when they live in uncertainty, people act irrationally out of fear, or when faced with persistent violence. Throwing fuel into the fire will never put it out.
Old 30-05-19, 01:37 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Too bad, Chavs are scum, I don't come from any privileged background, I have had to put up with this type of scum most of my life, They ruin entire neighbourhoods, Best place for them would be infront of the firing squad.
The Tories are doing their best to destroy them though by capping/stopping their benefits. It's no longer a life choice tbh you get so much aggro for doing sod all these days.

I have to say that my town are anti chav. In fact, there are posters all over the place of d-bags on ASBO in case you spot one and grass him for being in a place he's not supposed to be in. My town centre also has wardens who basically get rid of the homeless during the day time and basically keep their eyes open which is very nice. Very reassuring for me. There isn't much crime down here either tbh it's quite a nice unspoiled place really.

But yeah, they are s**t. That was my one and only dread of moving out of my privately rented flat, then being stuck in a void because no landlord would rent to me because of scum like that. IE, no one on benefits. I must have phoned about ten flats and got the same "No they won't rent to you" even though I had never missed a rent payment ONCE in six years of living in my flat AND having to handle the rent money myself. Yeah, I'm pretty effing proud of that. But my one dread was ending up in a council flat surrounded by people like that. Oh hell no I'd have been up for murder.

Funny thing is my ex wife got a council flat and dear lord the people in her building. Bloke on ground floor had barking dogs (rottys) typical of the tenant. Then the old lady in the flat opposite hers on the top floor had about 5 yipping dogs that made the entire building REEK of pee dude. Like the ammonia smell when you walked in *heaves*. They also yipped 24/7 'cause she was too old to take them out.

I would die inside if I had to live like that. I know to most they would barely even notice or care but it would destroy me.

That is why I was so lucky and so happy to have found a place here. It's as secure as Fort Knox, it's *silent*, you could hear a pin drop and in three months I've not met any one who lives here yet. Autistic people FTW. Keep themselves to themselves and don't go poking their noses where they're not wanted.

I tell you what really made my care worker Ashleigh laugh... I asked if I could put up a "bike locker" or basically very small shed. She says she asked the owner and he has put in bike rails (not really sufficient but whatever) and wanted the area clear as he was going to put in tables and chairs and etc as a social area.

LOOOOOOL, clearly some one who doesn't understand autism at all. I said "That will get used about as much as Prince Philip's " and she bust out laughing and said "Yeah, I didn't even think about that".

But yeah, praise be for the god that put me where I am. I wouldn't mind, but *I* came from an area that wasn't very nice and I always wanted better, and was always polite. Being a scum bag earns you absolutely SOD ALL. All you do is lower yourself and your expectations. Sod that man.

Old 30-05-19, 01:54 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Funny thing is my ex wife got a council flat and dear lord the people in her building. Bloke on ground floor had barking dogs (rottys) typical of the tenant. Then the old lady in the flat opposite hers on the top floor had about 5 yipping dogs that made the entire building REEK of pee dude. Like the ammonia smell when you walked in *heaves*. They also yipped 24/7 'cause she was too old to take them out.

I would die inside if I had to live like that. I know to most they would barely even notice or care but it would destroy me.
No one likes to live like that, crammed into small areas barely suitable for human inhabitation, exposed in many many ways. I think the idea that these people don't care or accept it is a misconception, they just don't have a way out. It would drive anyone crazy, if you grow up with it you certainly adapt to it, but I wouldn't say the way ALL humans would naturally adapt to behave & live to survive & cope in an environment like that is anything sane on a human scale.

The only time I've ever not lived on a council estate was while at university(Was still living in one of the most violent areas of West Midlands but Selly's a big step up from Salford), and I found the change of environment incredible. It's impossible to understate how free your mind becomes moving to an environment where you can rest, sleep & travel without fear, & have peace. Many of these "chavs" you speak of I can assure you are probably incredibly nice & polite people to those they view as their own. But outsiders will always be perceived as threats when they're viewed in this way. As long as you both perceive each other as threats to each others way of life, you will both treat each other as c*nts and then wonder why the other one is behaving in that way, both blaming each other for a problem you both have no control over.

Tags
banter, conversation, entertainment, fun, jokes, safe for work, small talk