Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 01-10-19, 02:48 PM
OC3D Elite

I'm not buying chit lol. I was pretty mad as I'd driven 13 km to get there, but was soon appeased when I found a barn find and it just so happened to be my dream car (Ferrari Dino). So I was more than pleased haha.

Old 02-10-19, 10:03 PM
OC3D Elite

Well I guess my luck was bound to end one day.

The Alienware board will not boot the 16 core ES. I updated to the last bios available and nada.

Bummer. Might just chuck in the NIC and SSD and put the 2tb Firecuda in my PS4 lol.

Old 03-10-19, 02:16 PM
OC3D Elite

The VW ID.R will be available exclusively from a challenge in this weeks(Starting from 3pm BST today) Seasonal Forzathon in fh4(Only available for this week unless via auction) looks abit insane, will be the fastest stock car in the game, holds the Pikes Peak and Goodwood hill climb records atm.

Old 05-10-19, 10:42 AM
OC3D Elite

Ahoy (Probably the best documentary producer online imo) has a new video out where he attempts to discover the first video game over an amazingly well produced 1 hour documentary that covers a fair bit more, he came to a conclusion that very few others have before (so far) when attempting to answer this (surprisingly challenging) question but seems to be a very sound conclusion and probably as close to factual as you can get, and of course he covers all the other possibilities.

It takes a divergence into early computing as this is concluded to be the likely origins, anyone familiar with Turing's work or the Manchester university Baby/MkI/MkII computers (First computers in a modern sense, programmable with electronic storage) would probably find it quite interesting too.
Old 07-10-19, 08:36 AM

Looks good, will give it a watch.
Old 29-10-19, 04:17 PM
Resident Newb

Got another scam call from what I'm guessing was India judging by the accent, This time claiming to be from a security company, When I asked them "What is my name ?" I got told in a thick Indian accent "I will find you and murder you then murder your family" then the scammer hung up.

The annoying thing is they spoof numbers so they look on the display like they are calling from within England, I really wish these people could be put in jail for life.

Old 01-11-19, 12:59 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Finally got power back. Have had no power in 40 hours. That was fun...

Anyways i turn on my Ps4 to download any updates, PC, etc. Internet was definitely bogged down. It's amazing how many things get updated in such a short amount of time, unless it just happened by chance

But updated steam, launched it, and my god they ruined it even more than before. The new Library UI is god awful. They managed to make it less useful than before.
Old 01-11-19, 08:32 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Got another scam call from what I'm guessing was India judging by the accent, This time claiming to be from a security company, When I asked them "What is my name ?" I got told in a thick Indian accent "I will find you and murder you then murder your family" then the scammer hung up.

The annoying thing is they spoof numbers so they look on the display like they are calling from within England, I really wish these people could be put in jail for life.
yeah its most amusing when they call me and i reply "hang on a second, as you know I work for XX operator, let me just trace on your number to make sure you are legit"

He hangs up.-
Old 01-11-19, 02:21 PM
OC3D Elite

First world problems. Advice needed.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/kfa2-...gx-0a5-kf.html

That, or this.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/evga-...gx-31e-ea.html

I know the latter is slower, but 1080p monitor and better cooler? I have been assured I can get the free game worth £50.

Old 01-11-19, 02:32 PM
OC3D Elite

Do you get the free game with both? Personally I'd go with the Super anyway since it's a big step up in performance which you might want for some decent looking RTX games coming up like Cyberpunk that might still stress 1080p with all effects on(Depends on target framerate tho I guess), and these cards both seem to have the same TDP(Which is unusual as 2070's are usually listed as 175W) so you could probably limit power most of the time if noise was a big concern and still get better performance, but I'm not aware of how stark the contrast is in those coolers.

Tags
banter, conversation, entertainment, fun, jokes, safe for work, small talk