Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 21-01-20, 10:57 AM
News Guru

Disney + is arriving in the UK earlier than expected - Pricing revealed

Will you be signing up?

Read more about Disney +'s revised release plans and pricing.

Old 21-01-20, 11:16 AM

Derp. Too late Disney, everyone has already watched Mandalorian
Old 21-01-20, 11:33 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggyolly View Post
Derp. Too late Disney, everyone has already watched Mandalorian
I havent seen it yet.
Old 21-01-20, 11:41 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
I havent seen it yet.
Me too, but I'd mainly get it for the Marvel movies.

7€ per month is quite cheap, too! But I'll guess I won't be getting the year sub, because if I wanna see a Disney movie, I can get one month and get away much cheaper than a night at the cinema.
Old 21-01-20, 11:44 AM

Quote:
I havent seen it yet.
I'd recommend it, it's brilliant. I'm just salty about the staged regional roll-out
Old 21-01-20, 11:46 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Ð View Post
Me too, but I'd mainly get it for the Marvel movies.

7€ per month is quite cheap, too! But I'll guess I won't be getting the year sub, because if I wanna see a Disney movie, I can get one month and get away much cheaper than a night at the cinema.
The issue I see is not that 7euro is a cheap price (which it is), everything is a streaming service now, so if you start subscribing to multiple then it adds up to quite a large cost.

Currently I have
Spotify
XGP
Netflix
HBO
That is setting me back £45 a month. For streaming services alone. Could be considered more given I paid an annual fee for Origin.

Now adding 7 euro although small, is pushing me over £50. Its too much.
Old 21-01-20, 12:52 PM
OC3D Elite

I just want to know whether the National Geographic section will have Air Crash Investigation, otherwise I'm not interested
Old 21-01-20, 01:00 PM
OC3D Elite

So far it's not on there, just checked on my acc.
Old 21-01-20, 01:18 PM

Quote:
The issue I see is not that 7euro is a cheap price (which it is), everything is a streaming service now, so if you start subscribing to multiple then it adds up to quite a large cost.

Currently I have
Spotify
XGP
Netflix
HBO
That is setting me back £45 a month. For streaming services alone. Could be considered more given I paid an annual fee for Origin.

All I will say, as a USA resident, is streaming services are by far cheaper then cable ever will be. No matter what the cable companies will offer I won't ever use it.

Also if you are paying for all those services yourself then you should consider splitting the cost with some friends . I should be paying like $100+ a month for the streaming services alone I use but the 3 people I have added to my accounts pay me X amount per month for the use of said services - I actually only pay about $35 a month for all the services.

Include my (stupidly high compared to anywhere else) internet costs and I am only paying $105 a month total for internet + streaming services.

The other argument for streaming is that it is just better. I can watch what I want, when I want, however I want to watch it. Heck I can pause and walk away for a minute, good luck doing that with most cable companies anywhere in the world.

EDIT - anyone who would use the argument of "Oh well you have to pay for internet too so it is basically the same price!" is a fool. Everyone almost has internet in todays world, you can't use something that almost everyone has as a basis for an argument over the failure that cable is becoming vs streaming lol.

I've got maybe 2-3 hours maximum, often less, each day to watch stuff to relax when I get home and done with other things - streaming services are much better for that simply for the sake of "watching what I want, when I want" cable can't compete with that at all.
Old 21-01-20, 02:01 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:

Currently I have
Spotify
XGP
Netflix
HBO

I feel you. While I only have Amazon Prime at the moment, which is 70€ for a year (same prize as Disney+) I already think that is much. Luckily my grad cousin allows me to use his Netflix sub for free.

@Darkdayzzz so you're paying 70$ for your internet connection?! That's 63€, holy moly. I hope you're getting high speeds at least.

Concerning pausing the movie/show with cable: almost every newer TV is able to record to a USB drive, allowing you to stop even free TV movies and continue after you return. You can also skip commercial breaks of recorded stuff, of course.