Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 16-09-20, 10:20 AM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
Jay's always been a knob who *thinks* he knows a lot more than he *does*. He's good for some mindless entertainment sometimes, but not a good source of actual facts.
He has been spending the last day or so on Twitter moaning about the Fortnite thing. Forgetting that AMD released a real image first.

He is also extremely patronising, complaining that Fortnite is just a kids game. Not everyone playing that game is a child. Children alone don't spend that kind of money...

I don't tend to watch his content, as I don't tend to learn anything from it.

Old 16-09-20, 10:55 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
He has been spending the last day or so on Twitter moaning about the Fortnite thing. Forgetting that AMD released a real image first.

He is also extremely patronising, complaining that Fortnite is just a kids game. Not everyone playing that game is a child. Children alone don't spend that kind of money...

He couldnt be more wrong.
Old 16-09-20, 11:11 AM
OC3D Crew

Actually, notice that the chart starts at 18. We know that children play Fortnite even if we don't have the exact numbers. The fact that this chart doesn't contain anyone below 18 makes the entire chart worthless. We don't know if children were involved and they lied about their age if the polling was online and anonymous or if children were simply not taken into account. Whatever the methodology, it's always wrong since we know for a fact that a lot of kids play Fortnite.
Old 16-09-20, 11:31 AM
OC3D Elite

That chart is also 2 years old and not representative of today, where kids get bullied on schools for not having fortnite skins, dismissing Jay for that seems kinda odd with old outdated info that doesn't reflect or include under 18.
Old 16-09-20, 12:03 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post

I initially deleted the sub when he painted something completely wrong and then declared it perfect. He did about everything wrong when it comes to painting.

The worst crime was putting wax on fresh paint. You just cannot do that. The vapours are still escaping and you seal them in with wax and then they eat the paint.

I wouldn't mind but of a sudden he had this really cocky attitude. I think the subs have gone to his head. He seemed quite humble and grounded before that (like when he broke a Titan, drilled a hole in a motherboard and killed it and blew up an AMD FX).

I like watching these guys if they know what they are talking about. I want to learn. I don't want to watch them talk utter rubbish.

Old 16-09-20, 12:48 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprovizoR View Post
Actually, notice that the chart starts at 18. We know that children play Fortnite even if we don't have the exact numbers. The fact that this chart doesn't contain anyone below 18 makes the entire chart worthless. We don't know if children were involved and they lied about their age if the polling was online and anonymous or if children were simply not taken into account. Whatever the methodology, it's always wrong since we know for a fact that a lot of kids play Fortnite.
Yes I was waiting for that. Its why another used this chart and extended it to show 10-25 to which this accounted for 53% of the player base.

So if
10-25 = 53%
18-24= 63%

Gives you an idea if this game is only played by "kids"
Old 16-09-20, 07:31 PM
OC3D Crew

I'm not sure if anyone here suggested that it's played only by kids. And it's still a two year old chart.
Old 16-09-20, 09:04 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprovizoR View Post
I'm not sure if anyone here suggested that it's played only by kids. And it's still a two year old chart.
it was a comment from Jayztwocents. Not people from the forum.
Old 16-09-20, 10:55 PM
OC3D Elite

Never played Fortnite but I have been partaking in a bit of PUBG lately. It's quite fun as it goes.