Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 11-10-21, 02:31 PM
Old N Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadtroopers View Post
A fool and their money... If you buy one (f it actually happens) you might as well have "Sucker" stamped on your forehead.
Why? There are hyper expensive products in almost every area of business, finance, and economics. That must mean that ALL of these products are for suckers, which is not just silly but also rude.

Think of it this way: if you earned £100k per year in your job and you had a choice between a 250g bag of £5 coffee that's been roasted two months ago on a shelf at Lidl, or a 250g bag of the rarest most delicious coffee that was roasted fresh just a few days ago for £30 by your favourite local roastery, which would you buy? If you liked coffee and earned £100k per year, you'd probably buy the £30 bag. A £15 bag would taste delicious too and be ethically sourced and roasted in your area, but you have the money for the even better stuff so you pay it. That's perfectly logical to me. That's what I'd do.

BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 11-10-21, 03:40 PM
AMD Enthusiast

People can spend their money how they want. If it's not smart to many people then fine but if it is doable for them then why not let them be happy.
Old 11-10-21, 04:31 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
People can spend their money how they want. If it's not smart to many people then fine but if it is doable for them then why not let them be happy.
In the end, what people may spend their money on, is their choice. Doesn't make them a sucker, dumb or anything like that.

I spend money on PC parts, some do on cars, some do on motorcycles, some do on figures. Whatever the case may be, it's your money at the end of the day and you do what you want with it.

It's no ones business what you do with your own money frankly.

P.S. Didn't mean to direct this at you NBD, I was just adding to what you wrote basically, seeing as getting fed up with all of the money stuff in this thread.
Old 11-10-21, 08:53 PM
OC3D Elite

I agree. But it goes both ways. Those spending what ever the brands ask for are justifying the rising cost of something already overpriced.
Old 11-10-21, 09:10 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
I agree. But it goes both ways. Those spending what ever the brands ask for are justifying the rising cost of something already overpriced.

True, but in the end, that's the current pricing of said product and it's their money.
Old 12-10-21, 01:50 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
While true, it does give more room for competition to slide in and undercut for a more mainstream price point.
Old 12-10-21, 03:06 AM
Resident Newb

I'm in 2 minds about this, While yes it is a silly product for gamers as there's already very little between a 3080 and 3090 when it comes to raw numbers in games so an extra 2% isn't going to make a real difference.

Having said that.... I can see why Nvidia are doing it so they can say -

"Look we have the pinnacle of gaming power"

That part I get but at the same time they are also shooting themselves in the foot as this is basically an A6000 with half the memory and an A6000 sells for $5000 USD where as this will likely have an MSP of around $2000 USD ? That's a big step down just to say they have the cream of the crop as their A series cards sell like hot cakes in the professional world.
Old 12-10-21, 04:09 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
I'm in 2 minds about this, While yes it is a silly product for gamers as there's already very little between a 3080 and 3090 when it comes to raw numbers in games so an extra 2% isn't going to make a real difference.

Having said that.... I can see why Nvidia are doing it so they can say -

"Look we have the pinnacle of gaming power"

That part I get but at the same time they are also shooting themselves in the foot as this is basically an A6000 with half the memory and an A6000 sells for $5000 USD where as this will likely have an MSP of around $2000 USD ? That's a big step down just to say they have the cream of the crop as their A series cards sell like hot cakes in the professional world.
This is Dices way of saying "im selling my HoF 3080Ti and getting the 3090Ti when it hits the shelves"
Old 12-10-21, 04:45 PM
OC3D Elite

It's a halo product for marketing departments and if you have to think twice about spending a couple thousand on hardware, the product probably isn't for you.

It's deep in diminishing returns - though in today's market if you manage to snag one at MSRP I guess it's halfway sensible.
Old 14-10-21, 06:32 AM

So I'm rude. So sue me.