Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 29-01-19, 01:07 PM
OC3D Elite

Well I'm a fat guy with moobs, so girlish works for me.

Old 29-01-19, 06:07 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Then why do you care what he thinks about a girlish piece of ram? It's his business
I mean to be frank he did post on a PUBLIC forum. I am simply stating that just branding something as gender specific due to "Style" and then caring about what someone wears(Which by your logic would be there business so he has shown he is willing to criticize others on THEIR business, so turn about is fair play.)does show a bit of toxic masculinity. :v Im sorry I am not okay with toxic thought processes?
Old 29-01-19, 07:27 PM
OC3D Elite

Ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
Well I'm a fat guy with moobs, so girlish works for me.
That made me laugh, thanks dude
Old 29-01-19, 07:44 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarfAdigginAhole View Post
I mean to be frank he did post on a PUBLIC forum. I am simply stating that just branding something as gender specific due to "Style" and then caring about what someone wears(Which by your logic would be there business so he has shown he is willing to criticize others on THEIR business, so turn about is fair play.)does show a bit of toxic masculinity. :v Im sorry I am not okay with toxic thought processes?
Acknowledging that an object has a masculine or feminine styling is in no way a reinforcement of gender rolls, it's just an acknowledgement of them. Accepting that we as a Western society like many others have aesthetic styling associated with genders does not imply someone agrees or disagrees with the fact that genders should be treated or viewed differently whether aesthetically or otherwise, it's an objective observation. If he said it in a derogatory way specifically because of the association to a gender then you could (loosely) argue it was toxic masculinity, but as it stands his comment is neither toxic nor masculine, it's quite objective and neutral.
Old 29-01-19, 09:17 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
Acknowledging that an object has a masculine or feminine styling is in no way a reinforcement of gender rolls, it's just an acknowledgement of them. Accepting that we as a Western society like many others have aesthetic styling associated with genders does not imply someone agrees or disagrees with the fact that genders should be treated or viewed differently whether aesthetically or otherwise, it's an objective observation. If he said it in a derogatory way specifically because of the association to a gender then you could (loosely) argue it was toxic masculinity, but as it stands his comment is neither toxic nor masculine, it's quite objective and neutral.
Posting that it looks "girlish" is stated as his own opinion, so one could easily argue that he agrees with allocating items to a gender based on their aesthetic.
I'm not sure I'd characterise that as "toxic masculinity", more narrow-mindedness if I'm honest.

However, that RAM is fugly

Ryzen 5 2600X -- EVGA GTX 1070 SC -- 16GB TeamGroup Dark Pro 3200mhz DDR4
MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon -- Corsair Force MP300 240GB
Seasonic Focus Gold 750 -- Phanteks P350X

Old 29-01-19, 09:25 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickOmega View Post
Posting that it looks "girlish" is stated as his own opinion, so one could easily argue that he agrees with allocating items to a gender based on their aesthetic.
I'm not sure I'd characterise that as "toxic masculinity", more narrow-mindedness if I'm honest.

However, that RAM is fugly
Now this I can get behind, it is straight fugly. Agreed.
Old 29-01-19, 10:32 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickOmega View Post
so one could easily argue that he agrees with allocating items to a gender based on their aesthetic
So what you then basically mean is that the colour pink is/should be considered a "girlish" colour? or have I missunderstood it all? ... Cause then I'm girlish as sh1t, I'll tell you that much!
Old 30-01-19, 12:16 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
So what you then basically mean is that the colour pink is/should be considered a "girlish" colour? or have I missunderstood it all? ... Cause then I'm girlish as sh1t, I'll tell you that much!
I think you've misunderstood the point I was attempting to make, but that's a perfect example of what I was trying to describe with "allocating items to a gender based on their aesthetic" i.e Pink = Girl, and having that outlook as being narrow-minded.

Speaking from my perspective; I don't think pink is a "girlish" colour but I personally have a different objection, in that almost every guy I've met wearing pink has been a complete douchebag*.

*Not a comment on you personally, just past experience

Old 30-01-19, 12:43 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Pink has been historically a girl color. It's not narrow minded.

When a couple announces a gender of a baby, they either represent it as blue or pink. For boy or girl. It's not narrow minded. It's a fallacy to the MSM has ingrained into peoples heads. This gender identity politics which is what this argument is based on, can honestly just go out of the door. He made a joke, hence his , people need to stop being so sensitive.
Old 30-01-19, 03:21 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Pink has been historically a girl color. It's not narrow minded.

When a couple announces a gender of a baby, they either represent it as blue or pink. For boy or girl. It's not narrow minded. It's a fallacy to the MSM has ingrained into peoples heads. This gender identity politics which is what this argument is based on, can honestly just go out of the door. He made a joke, hence his , people need to stop being so sensitive.
Of course it's narrow-minded. In what world is saying that a colour is gender specific not narrow-minded? The allocation of blue for boys and pink for girls is, historically speaking, a recent thing.
I couldn't give a damn about "gender identity politics" either. At this point I'm saying it's flat out ridiculous to claim that something is for a specific gender based on the way it looks (especially when it's RAM so ugly i'd insist on not having a windowed panel)

Joke or not is irrelevant since I was actually originally addressing a flawed point made by tgrech; but this is way off topic (and I accept some responsibility for that) so I'm just gonna leave it before it derails further.