Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old Yesterday, 07:28 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Sad to hear but somewhat knew it was coming. He suffered from depression badly from what i read. Music was his go to thing, but it can only do so much.
True, He was abused as a young boy which apparently was the driving force behind his constant depression, Drug use and alcohol abuse.

With him and Wayne Static gone, That is literally all of my teen years music now gone, I only listened to Linken Park and Static X from the age of 13 to 19.

Old Yesterday, 07:40 PM
OC3D Elite

I feel sick. Seriously, my whole body is tingling.

Gutted. Absolutely and utterly gutted

Crawling in my skin, these wounds they will not heal.

Got it on now. Making me literally shake.

And they couldn't prevent Jack from being happy
Old Yesterday, 07:42 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
I feel sick. Seriously, my whole body is tingling.

Gutted. Absolutely and utterly gutted

Crawling in my skin, these wounds they will not heal.

Got it on now. Making me literally shake.
Yeah man, I spent most of my teen years going to A LOT of LP concerts, Going to parties with LP on, Going to the local skate park doing BMX competitions with LP on in the background, Big big part of my life just went bye bye.
Old Yesterday, 07:49 PM
OC3D Elite

I even had the Tshirt. I never, ever wear a Tshirt from a band unless they literally leave me speechless with their music. Being Bipolar Crawling was a huge, huge song for me. I loved the way he literally screams it out.

But in the end it doesn't even matter.

Old Yesterday, 08:57 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
I even had the Tshirt. I never, ever wear a Tshirt from a band unless they literally leave me speechless with their music. Being Bipolar Crawling was a huge, huge song for me. I loved the way he literally screams it out.

But in the end it doesn't even matter.
We should play the song Bleed it Out. Because
"Find a new place to hang this noose
String me up from atop these roofs
Knot it tight so I won't get loose"

Lol

I don't even feel bad. It's a selfish act. My cousin is in the band, I feel for him. However I don't have any empathy for Chester. Sure LP was my favorite band growing up, but this act doesn't fly with me. I've seen to many suicides to know how selfish it is.
Old Yesterday, 09:21 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
We should play the song Bleed it Out. Because
"Find a new place to hang this noose
String me up from atop these roofs
Knot it tight so I won't get loose"

Lol

I don't even feel bad. It's a selfish act. My cousin is in the band, I feel for him. However I don't have any empathy for Chester. Sure LP was my favorite band growing up, but this act doesn't fly with me. I've seen to many suicides to know how selfish it is.
It seems you have a severe lack of knowledge when it comes to suicide. Having tried to commit myself twice I can tell you now that it is in no way selfish. I have had three friends commit and I would not call any of them selfish. When you do it (unless you are pretending and just trying to grab attention) you are in no fit state to think of anything, any one, or yourself. You just want the pain to end. The horrible, crushing pain.

If anything at least he won't have to suffer any more. And from what I have read about him and the lyrics in his music I can tell he was suffering.

No one should have to go through life in absolute misery for some one else. THAT is selfish. If you really can't take any more you should be allowed to end it. Life isn't this big barrel of laughs it's cracked up to be, and if you are just in pain all of the time then you should do what you need to.

If an animal is suffering what do we do? we end that suffering. It's utterly selfish not to.

Old Yesterday, 09:33 PM
OC3D Elite

Suicide is not always selfish. I'm surprised you would say that.

Suicide begins and ends with the feeling of having no other way out. Suicide is the last resort. As Alien said, it stops being about you or anyone else. Suicide becomes a tragic form of self-preservation and takes on a mind of its own, almost as an instinctive reaction to a slew of horrid events. Your body and mind stops functioning properly. It's not always a conscious decision. Sometimes it just happens.
Old Yesterday, 09:50 PM
OC3D Elite

My friend Colin took his life, god, I can't even remember it was so traumatic. 2004? something like that.

Now I knew Colin really well and we worked together every day for three years. Every night we would stay late to talk (this was at work like) and set up ES that Intel had given us etc.

I spoke to Colin about six weeks before he committed. He said he was going to do a job out in Ibiza, then use the cash to come and stay with me for 3 months. It all fell through. I spoke to him and he sounded odd.

6 weeks later I get a call at 3AM US time telling me he was dead. I was completely knocked over by it. I asked Shahnam (Sean we called him) what happened and he said he didn't know. He said Colin's job had fallen through and he had just gone weird.

Over the years I did a lot of investigating. I spoke to friends that knew Colin and they told me how it went, and I am telling you now it wasn't selfish. The poor c**t literally lost his marbles.

OK so he lost his flat because the girl he shared it with went to Aus to work and he could not afford it on his own. He went back to his parents, and from what I remember he said he didn't like living with his mother because she was too strict and a nag. Any way, around two weeks in he starts acting weird and not sleeping at all because he said his snoring kept people awake. Nobody had any record of this though, it was all in his head.

He started going to the docs saying his snoring was terrible and every one was complaining about it. He said the neighbours even wrote to the council. In the end my old boss let him sleep up above the shop in the old office. They said he was mumbling to himself, constantly saying the same things over and over.

I managed to get hold of his doctor's records through his parents and the doctor was certain that he was suffering from paranoid schizophrenia. He was certain that every one hated him because of his snoring.

In the end he went to Tooting Bec Common and jumped out of a tree with a rope around his neck. Apparently his neck broke (literally pulled his skull from his back bone) and severed his spinal chord. He died instantly and would not have suffered.

That was about all I knew. Then about six months ago I spoke to our old boss. I had not spoken to him since 2001 when I left for the USA and for a laugh hacked into his servers and changed all of his passwords. He did not see the funny side, so I decided to avoid contact with him. Any way, he filled in the gaps. He said Colin had just basically completely lost it and had no idea what he was doing. He said what was even weirder was that when he went to the funeral there were loads of people there. However, none of those people knew each other. It was like Colin was living multiple lives, with multiple sets of friends etc.

How the f**k could he have been selfish? he had completely lost his mind.

Old Today, 12:25 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
Suicide is not always selfish. I'm surprised you would say that.

Suicide begins and ends with the feeling of having no other way out. Suicide is the last resort. As Alien said, it stops being about you or anyone else. Suicide becomes a tragic form of self-preservation and takes on a mind of its own, almost as an instinctive reaction to a slew of horrid events. Your body and mind stops functioning properly. It's not always a conscious decision. Sometimes it just happens.
I've seen plenty of them enough to know it is. No not everybody is selfish, I know that. But from my experience it most often is. I have saved my cousin from it, he has had a terrible life I agree, but it's not an excuse. I was in the room when he tried, he didn't want to talk about it. He just bottled it all up for years. I had to physically assault my own cousin to keep him away from a knife that he tried using against me because he just wanted to do it so bad. That was years ago, now he just graduated school and is thankful I did it for him. He feels so bad about trying to do it he decided he wanted to make a difference with his life and is now joining the US Marine Core next month. I couldn't be more proud.
However if I wasn't there he would have done it. It would have been selfish. So no. I have had more than one experience with being around it, all but one was selfish. The one that wasn't? She was battling cancer for over a year constantly trying to live. She couldn't take it anymore and I could see in her eyes she had no fight left. I don't blame her for it I supported her. In the case of Chester, he had a bad life growing up. Bo hoo. Most people in the world do, in fact over 2 billion people have a harder life than he did. It sucks he died yes, he was part of a musical movement that opened a brand new genre. But that doesn't make up for it in my book.

I'm sorry to anyone who got offended by my earlier post. It was an emotional post on how I feel about this. So I do apologize for that post. But I do stand by my experiences and how it's made me feel.

Tags
box, chat, offtopic, small talk, where opinions go to die