Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 16-07-19, 09:30 AM

Made this to replace the previous PSU mounting. It will be a sort of lightbox, it's composed of three layers: a white opale one, and two clear with crystal patterns that will be painted red and in white stone effect.
Can't wait to see this all painted and lit up

Old 24-07-19, 11:56 AM

Adding some crystal patterns to the radiator covers that will also serve as something else other than covers. You'll see as I go on with the fabrications

Old Yesterday, 04:09 PM

Hey guys, I've been really caught up in life lately and haven't had time to update, but I surely had time to mod!
Today we're taking a look at some pieces I've made with the epoxy resin from Resin Pro, which are the center panel that will hold most of the hardware, and the power button.

I obviously started by making the mold for the panel

Then I made a couple pours, the final thickness will be about 15mm but I really didn't want the resin to get too hot so I proceded with pours of about 5/6mm each.
The surface changed completely while the resin cured, that's one thing to keep in mind if you want a very specific look

Next up was cutting the panel in the shape I wanted and doing some more creative work on one side and then clear coating with a thin pour. I used aluminum tape to seal the edges

After sanding and doing a bit of polishing I made the mount to the case, using a hollow aluminum tube with a threaded bar inside, which goes from bottom to top of the case, while I made a simple bracket on the back that attaches to the radiator. This way the panel is 100% solid mounted

And now a little bonus I mentioned before, the gem as power button