Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Forum Teams > [OC3D] Gaming
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #11  
Old 02-06-17, 05:38 AM
BonkersMental's Avatar
BonkersMental BonkersMental is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Essex UK
Posts: 265
When i first tried this challenge every time i hit those humps i would veer violently left and hit barrier or wall and completely ruin lap. my solution was to apply quick jab of brakes just before the brow of each hump so that wheels never loose contact with tarmac. a much more cautious approach seems to be paying off. . so from my experience its affecting controller users as well. EDIT: and the little right-left just before the 1st tunnel is a royal pain in the butt. ive only got to have the right or left wheels touch the EDGE of the track for time to be invalidated, im taking extra caution here now to make sure im steering between the edges of track. Weird as most rest of track allows you to touch the edge without getting penalised.

__________________


Steam ID http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198076851533/

And God said to John "come forth and recieve everlasting life " ...... but John came fifth and won a toaster
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-06-17, 06:01 AM
Warchild Warchild is online now
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 5,388
Speed has no effect for me. Im getting a total spin out even when braking/slowing down
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-06-17, 06:08 AM
BonkersMental's Avatar
BonkersMental BonkersMental is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Essex UK
Posts: 265
hmmm all i can think of then is your setup may need tweaking. soz im not much help.
__________________


Steam ID http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198076851533/

And God said to John "come forth and recieve everlasting life " ...... but John came fifth and won a toaster
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-06-17, 06:14 AM
jimma47's Avatar
jimma47 jimma47 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hobart, Australia
Posts: 1,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkersMental View Post
When i first tried this challenge every time i hit those humps i would veer violently left and hit barrier or wall and completely ruin lap. my solution was to apply quick jab of brakes just before the brow of each hump so that wheels never loose contact with tarmac. a much more cautious approach seems to be paying off. . so from my experience its affecting controller users as well. EDIT: and the little right-left just before the 1st tunnel is a royal pain in the butt. ive only got to have the right or left wheels touch the EDGE of the track for time to be invalidated, im taking extra caution here now to make sure im steering between the edges of track. Weird as most rest of track allows you to touch the edge without getting penalised.
Yeah it's a pain. The humps are ok for me with a wheel but I have to either jab the brakes before the crest or back off slightly. I think it's about keeping the weight balanced. I also have to be careful how much I smash the throttle
__________________
Rig Gallery - Krusty III

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-06-17, 07:39 AM
Warchild Warchild is online now
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 5,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimma47 View Post
Yeah it's a pain. The humps are ok for me with a wheel but I have to either jab the brakes before the crest or back off slightly. I think it's about keeping the weight balanced. I also have to be careful how much I smash the throttle
My wheel twitched on its own while I had the pc running before work today. I think its on its way out already... ill try a resinstall of the drivers and firmware. Otherwise its gonna be an RMA and rule me out of this track for the rest of the month I guess.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-06-17, 12:27 PM
jimma47's Avatar
jimma47 jimma47 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hobart, Australia
Posts: 1,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
My wheel twitched on its own while I had the pc running before work today. I think its on its way out already... ill try a resinstall of the drivers and firmware. Otherwise its gonna be an RMA and rule me out of this track for the rest of the month I guess.
Hope it's nothing major. I had a dodgy wheel (known wiring issue) in my first one but the replacement has been rock solid. It occasionally likes to recalibrate itself if I leave it plugged in and not gaming. Everything else has been fine.


New lap
__________________
Rig Gallery - Krusty III

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-06-17, 01:43 PM
BonkersMental's Avatar
BonkersMental BonkersMental is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Essex UK
Posts: 265
Wow jimma47. Awesome Lap matey. . getting back in drivers seat now.. lol.
__________________


Steam ID http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198076851533/

And God said to John "come forth and recieve everlasting life " ...... but John came fifth and won a toaster
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-06-17, 01:54 PM
Warchild Warchild is online now
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 5,388
C'mon Jimmy, Push it to that silver spot!!!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-06-17, 03:58 PM
BonkersMental's Avatar
BonkersMental BonkersMental is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Essex UK
Posts: 265
Project Cars Monthly Challenge

Whoop !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170602165708_1.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	11894  
__________________


Steam ID http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198076851533/

And God said to John "come forth and recieve everlasting life " ...... but John came fifth and won a toaster
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-06-17, 05:27 PM
Wraith's Avatar
Wraith Wraith is offline
Bettyswollocks
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: On the Moon.
Posts: 7,614
I love this track and car combo, it's just hit the throttle and hope you're pointed in the right direction.
__________________
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
pcars, project cars, racing, time trial

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 01:20 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.