Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 19-07-16, 09:10 PM

New update! I absented for awhile because I had to get some other polycarbonate and the drawing you will see now had me really busy since I didn't know exactly how to do it in some spots. In the previous update I told you that I would've used aluminum over the red panel, but I rejected this idea right after I cut the first aluminum panel: due to the 0.5mm thickness, it was getting crumpled just looking at it and it would've been so difficult to work on it compared to the polycarbonate.
So, today we're seeing first cuts on the two top panels and the third layer/panel on the front that has to be bent on both sides and detailed with other pieces. I'm planning to get it done within tomorrow. The look will be fantastic once the red panel will be lit evenly!

Let me know that you guys think!

Old 27-07-16, 06:33 PM

Here is a new update! I will show you the motherboard which is an MSI Z170 Gaming M7, some material for sleeved cable extensions Alchemy 2.0 from Bitfenix, and my new Silhouette Curio plotter! Also I continued the work on the front panel and I did a test with leds. Unfornately, since the panel is not painted yet, the light passes through it so the lit cuts aren' that visible but that will be fixed in the final result!
Check it out!

Stay tuned for more updates!
Old 31-07-16, 06:23 PM

Front panel unwrapped and mounted, Noctis 450's external panels fit test, they're going to be mounted with gas pistons or something like that to simulate Gundam cockpit. I've also made two little lateral panels for the top which will accomodate led strips behind. They're still missing some cuts because I wanted to see them mounted before!
Let me know what you guys think!

Old 02-08-16, 07:11 PM

Here I am with probably the last update of the month since I'm going on holiday tomorrow. I did as much as I could to bring you some good pics! I mounted the two Alphacool reservoirs on the back, did some lighting testing and started the third rear polycarbonate layer.

I wish you all some happy holidays!
Old 26-08-16, 05:09 PM

I'm finally back! First of all, I completed the rear panels and did some lighting test, then I started working on the mobo tray and I made one single hole for every single sleeved cable, this way I can keep the cables tidy even without cable combs! I also made a little fit test for the components and also to try to get a cleaner idea of the tubing setup, so I started the tubing job and took the measurements for some bulk-head connectors. There's still so much work to do, tubing's not the last stage!

Stay tuned!
Old 29-08-16, 08:09 AM
Advanced Member

nice work on the acrylic mate!
Old 30-08-16, 06:39 PM

Some custom painting work done on the components. Some more pieces to finish off and we're ready to install everything for TUBING TIME!!

Let me know what you think about it!
Old 30-08-16, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asperatis View Post
nice work on the acrylic mate!
Thank you man! Glad you like it
Old 02-09-16, 04:44 PM

Finally tubing is done! In the next days I'm going to finish off the panels that I still have to do, like the top ones, some details using polycarbonate, the hooking system of the Noctis 450's panels and we're pretty much ready for the giant paint job of every polycarbonate panel I made!

Stay tuned!
Old 02-09-16, 06:28 PM

Looks mean & sexy. Can't wait for the finished look.
I7 6700k @ 4.6-1.27v / Asus Pro / evga 980ti FTW / RMI 650 / 2 x Samsung EVO 850 / Corsair H115I aio / 2 x Corsair 8gb DDR4 lpx 3000 / NZXT S340 / Corsair Strafe rgb Browns / too many mice, Zowie fk2 mainly / Corsair H1500 headphones/ Asus PG279Q

Tags
aquatuning, enermax, gundam, mod, watercooling