Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Sound Cards & Speakers

Old 01-05-16, 01:22 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Well keep in mind that with headsets you are mainly paying for the styling and the design team, Not the driver on the inside
True, very true. I suppose this does at least limit my options down to the HD598, the Game Zero, and the Dynamics...but I am starting to lean more towards the HD598 after seeing the ease of getting aftermarket cables. Let's just say I had a Game Zero, it was sadly EATEN by my wonderful Dog snowball back in the day, so let's say the ability to easily replace cabling kind of hit me there lol.

Old 01-05-16, 01:25 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarfAdigginAhole View Post
True, very true. I suppose this does at least limit my options down to the HD598, the Game Zero, and the Dynamics...but I am starting to lean more towards the HD598 after seeing the ease of getting aftermarket cables. Let's just say I had a Game Zero, it was sadly EATEN by my wonderful Dog snowball back in the day, so let's say the ability to easily replace cabling kind of hit me there lol.
Ouch XD

Yeah in that case I'd go with the 598's
Old 01-05-16, 01:31 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Ouch XD

Yeah in that case I'd go with the 598's
I am thinking that is the plan, and their 150 price tag is above and beyond fantastic for me. I think eventually I can come to get used to the open back thing, well unless I can find some kind of version of the 598 that is closed back xD
Old 01-05-16, 04:29 PM
Resident Newb

Just remember to eventually invest in a decent audio source i.e amp/dac combo, Maybe a Fiio E10 or something along the lines to get the most out of those cans
Old 01-05-16, 06:04 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Just remember to eventually invest in a decent audio source i.e amp/dac combo, Maybe a Fiio E10 or something along the lines to get the most out of those cans
I have a USB 7.1 for right now but it is the one that came with the Cloud 2. Eventually I will get one that is a bit more high end. But yeah I finally made the choice to get the HD598s with a modmic. The base, from what I was reading, is only slightly less than the Game Zero's and I loved their base so I should be incredibly happy with these.
Old 03-05-16, 11:29 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
What would you say is better, the E10 or the E10K? And do you know of any 7.1 amp/dac? It's not a deal breaker to not have it but being that I spend a lot of time in Overwatch now having that 7.1 will be nice for hearing people around me.

Update: What about the Creative Sound BlasterX G5? Heard anything about it?
Old 04-05-16, 12:26 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
What would you say is better, the E10 or the E10K? And do you know of any 7.1 amp/dac? It's not a deal breaker to not have it but being that I spend a lot of time in Overwatch now having that 7.1 will be nice for hearing people around me.

Update: What about the Creative Sound BlasterX G5? Heard anything about it?
Honestly 7.1 is over rated, You have 2 ears you only need 2 sound sources with a headphone, Let your brain do the rest

Not tried the sound blaster so you'd need to look up a review.
Old 04-05-16, 12:42 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Honestly 7.1 is over rated, You have 2 ears you only need 2 sound sources with a headphone, Let your brain do the rest

Not tried the sound blaster so you'd need to look up a review.
I decided to just be rid of the situation and go for the e10k. There is too much negativity surrounding Sound Blaster for me to take the chance so I just decided with your recommendation! Thanks again for all the help.
Old 04-05-16, 04:08 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
I decided to just be rid of the situation and go for the e10k. There is too much negativity surrounding Sound Blaster for me to take the chance so I just decided with your recommendation! Thanks again for all the help.
Good choice bud, I've only tried the E10K once myself with some Beyer 770's but it was a REALLY good amp/dac
Old 04-05-16, 05:14 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
E10k is better than the E10 to answer your previous post. It's a good basic DAC/AMP combo. It's probably better suited to the HD's more than the Beyer's because they are much lower on impedance. Just means they are more driveable. And for the beyer's, it's the lowest I would ever recommend. I have the DT990 Pros and the E10k. It's just barely adequate imo. That's the difference between 50ohms and 250ohms, E10k ideally would like to sit less than 250 based off the spec sheet/graphs. So you probably picked the better combo, which just means higher fidelity

Tags
audiophile, headphones, headsets, recommendations, sennheiser