Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Rig Gallery
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #11  
Old 01-05-16, 12:06 AM
PacificNic PacificNic is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 56
After looking online some more, I am pushed back towards the Enthoo Pro. It is a little bit taller which means I can easily get to the RAM without having my hand all stuck in there. I don't have either product on hand so I cannot verify my claims, but it looks like there is quite a bit of overhang still with the Define S that the Enthoo Pro doesn't have. I'd like to know your thoughts as the main reason I want to move from the R4 is for more space

__________________
Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz + MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon
16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200MHz
Corsair H100i v2
EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW
Seasonic SSR-550RM
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + 850 EVO 500GB x2
Fractal Design Define R5 w/ Window
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-05-16, 12:56 AM
Wraith's Avatar
Wraith Wraith is offline
Bettyswollocks
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: On the Moon.
Posts: 7,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificNic View Post
After looking online some more, I am pushed back towards the Enthoo Pro. It is a little bit taller which means I can easily get to the RAM without having my hand all stuck in there. I don't have either product on hand so I cannot verify my claims, but it looks like there is quite a bit of overhang still with the Define S that the Enthoo Pro doesn't have. I'd like to know your thoughts as the main reason I want to move from the R4 is for more space
If you click my signature it'll take you to my build log, I have the kelvin s24 and dominator platinum's in my build the clearance is real good. Even with a slightly thicker rad it would be a good enough distance.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-05-16, 01:29 AM
PacificNic PacificNic is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
If you click my signature it'll take you to my build log, I have the kelvin s24 and dominator platinum's in my build the clearance is real good. Even with a slightly thicker rad it would be a good enough distance.
I looked it over before this occurred to me but looking at it now, I have no worries. Your mod was absolutely gorgeous. Did you use neoprene because of its - possibly ever so slight - noise dampening?

I've been considering making/getting some sort of PSU shroud. Something like a small box that's closed on the wiring end of the power supply that extends to about the point where the MB tray bends.

I appreciate your input, o wond'rous mod!
__________________
Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz + MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon
16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200MHz
Corsair H100i v2
EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW
Seasonic SSR-550RM
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + 850 EVO 500GB x2
Fractal Design Define R5 w/ Window
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-05-16, 01:43 AM
Wraith's Avatar
Wraith Wraith is offline
Bettyswollocks
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: On the Moon.
Posts: 7,614
Initially it was to be a black velvet type of fabric, but I saw that one and just ran with it it looks epic in real light but it's a pain to keep clean. Also with the define S being so spacious it was a breeze to mod inside. I'm no wondrous modder though, more of an amateur in reality that accolade goes to the other guys on this forum they are really inspiring but thanks for the compliment.
__________________
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-05-16, 02:42 AM
PacificNic PacificNic is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
Initially it was to be a black velvet type of fabric, but I saw that one and just ran with it it looks epic in real light but it's a pain to keep clean. Also with the define S being so spacious it was a breeze to mod inside. I'm no wondrous modder though, more of an amateur in reality that accolade goes to the other guys on this forum they are really inspiring but thanks for the compliment.
I meant forum mod #RIP. I have no tools so if I mod, I'm going to need outside assistance, which could be good or bad. I saw that you used particleboard type material, I'm not sure what to go with myself. I could do that or maybe get some acrylic pieces cut and glue/paint them
__________________
Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz + MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon
16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200MHz
Corsair H100i v2
EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW
Seasonic SSR-550RM
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + 850 EVO 500GB x2
Fractal Design Define R5 w/ Window
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-05-16, 11:40 AM
Wraith's Avatar
Wraith Wraith is offline
Bettyswollocks
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: On the Moon.
Posts: 7,614
Arh I see Just a very privileged regular really, when it comes to materials I think outside the box but most will use machined stuff aluminium, acrylic ect ect.

When I started modding cases I used to use self adhesive vinyl and 3 - 5mm foam board as it was simple cheap and I have history with model making, since then I've moved on and tried many materials. Always remember shop around for materials eBay has pretty much been my goto place for stuff, and trial stuff you'll be surprised what alternatives you'll discover. As for tools all any Modder really needs is a rotary tool i.e a dremel if you can't stretch to one there are loads of good alternatives like the xenta that's available from Ebuyer which I'm currently using and was only £15.
__________________
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-05-16, 03:46 PM
PacificNic PacificNic is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 56
Yeah, the only problem is I'll be off to college in August which means no tools! There should be some huge and awesome CNC mills that I have access to as an engineering student, so that would be fantastic. I can still get the rest done, though!

Side note: Do you know anywhere that I can get used but still good radiators? I'm in the US so my only option right now is buying new from Performance-PCs. They're quite good, but I'm a scavenger with expensive ideas.
__________________
Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz + MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon
16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200MHz
Corsair H100i v2
EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW
Seasonic SSR-550RM
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + 850 EVO 500GB x2
Fractal Design Define R5 w/ Window
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-05-16, 04:26 PM
Kilbane's Avatar
Kilbane Kilbane is offline
Hagrid Look-A-Like
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Abergavenny, S.Wales
Posts: 1,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificNic View Post
Yeah, but I feel like with a 240mm in the front and 360 on top, that wouldn't be as apparent. I'm leaning more towards the Enthoo Pro at the moment because I love the front design, but the Define S is really extremely compelling.
Check out my Fractal Solo build. I have a 360 in the front and a 240 in the top of the Define S. Plenty of room in the case with loads of potential for any mods you could want to do.

http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=73310
__________________
I'm not a Geek! ..... I'm an intellectual BADASS!!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-05-16, 07:03 PM
PacificNic PacificNic is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilbane View Post
Check out my Fractal Solo build. I have a 360 in the front and a 240 in the top of the Define S. Plenty of room in the case with loads of potential for any mods you could want to do.

http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=73310
I'm thinking 360 rad on top, 240 in the front and a rear intake
__________________
Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz + MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon
16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200MHz
Corsair H100i v2
EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW
Seasonic SSR-550RM
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + 850 EVO 500GB x2
Fractal Design Define R5 w/ Window
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-05-16, 08:39 PM
PacificNic PacificNic is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
Arh I see Just a very privileged regular really, when it comes to materials I think outside the box but most will use machined stuff aluminium, acrylic ect ect.

When I started modding cases I used to use self adhesive vinyl and 3 - 5mm foam board as it was simple cheap and I have history with model making, since then I've moved on and tried many materials. Always remember shop around for materials eBay has pretty much been my goto place for stuff, and trial stuff you'll be surprised what alternatives you'll discover. As for tools all any Modder really needs is a rotary tool i.e a dremel if you can't stretch to one there are loads of good alternatives like the xenta that's available from Ebuyer which I'm currently using and was only £15.
These images are a general outline of how I plan to run the loop as well as fittings I have + ones I need to buy.

What I am currently thinking of doing:


Alternatively:


Thoughts?
__________________
Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz + MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon
16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200MHz
Corsair H100i v2
EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW
Seasonic SSR-550RM
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + 850 EVO 500GB x2
Fractal Design Define R5 w/ Window
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cooling, fractal r4, r4 water, water, watercooling

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 08:21 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.