Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Rig Gallery

Old 01-05-16, 12:06 AM

After looking online some more, I am pushed back towards the Enthoo Pro. It is a little bit taller which means I can easily get to the RAM without having my hand all stuck in there. I don't have either product on hand so I cannot verify my claims, but it looks like there is quite a bit of overhang still with the Define S that the Enthoo Pro doesn't have. I'd like to know your thoughts as the main reason I want to move from the R4 is for more space

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW
Seasonic SSR-550RM
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + 850 EVO 500GB x2
Fractal Design Define R5 w/ Window
Old 01-05-16, 12:56 AM
Bettyswollocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificNic View Post
After looking online some more, I am pushed back towards the Enthoo Pro. It is a little bit taller which means I can easily get to the RAM without having my hand all stuck in there. I don't have either product on hand so I cannot verify my claims, but it looks like there is quite a bit of overhang still with the Define S that the Enthoo Pro doesn't have. I'd like to know your thoughts as the main reason I want to move from the R4 is for more space
If you click my signature it'll take you to my build log, I have the kelvin s24 and dominator platinum's in my build the clearance is real good. Even with a slightly thicker rad it would be a good enough distance.
Old 01-05-16, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
If you click my signature it'll take you to my build log, I have the kelvin s24 and dominator platinum's in my build the clearance is real good. Even with a slightly thicker rad it would be a good enough distance.
I looked it over before this occurred to me but looking at it now, I have no worries. Your mod was absolutely gorgeous. Did you use neoprene because of its - possibly ever so slight - noise dampening?

I've been considering making/getting some sort of PSU shroud. Something like a small box that's closed on the wiring end of the power supply that extends to about the point where the MB tray bends.

I appreciate your input, o wond'rous mod!
EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW
Seasonic SSR-550RM
Old 01-05-16, 01:43 AM
Bettyswollocks

Initially it was to be a black velvet type of fabric, but I saw that one and just ran with it it looks epic in real light but it's a pain to keep clean. Also with the define S being so spacious it was a breeze to mod inside. I'm no wondrous modder though, more of an amateur in reality that accolade goes to the other guys on this forum they are really inspiring but thanks for the compliment.
Old 01-05-16, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Initially it was to be a black velvet type of fabric, but I saw that one and just ran with it it looks epic in real light but it's a pain to keep clean. Also with the define S being so spacious it was a breeze to mod inside. I'm no wondrous modder though, more of an amateur in reality that accolade goes to the other guys on this forum they are really inspiring but thanks for the compliment.
I meant forum mod #RIP. I have no tools so if I mod, I'm going to need outside assistance, which could be good or bad. I saw that you used particleboard type material, I'm not sure what to go with myself. I could do that or maybe get some acrylic pieces cut and glue/paint them
EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW
Seasonic SSR-550RM
Old 01-05-16, 11:40 AM
Bettyswollocks

Arh I see Just a very privileged regular really, when it comes to materials I think outside the box but most will use machined stuff aluminium, acrylic ect ect.

When I started modding cases I used to use self adhesive vinyl and 3 - 5mm foam board as it was simple cheap and I have history with model making, since then I've moved on and tried many materials. Always remember shop around for materials eBay has pretty much been my goto place for stuff, and trial stuff you'll be surprised what alternatives you'll discover. As for tools all any Modder really needs is a rotary tool i.e a dremel if you can't stretch to one there are loads of good alternatives like the xenta that's available from Ebuyer which I'm currently using and was only £15.
Old 01-05-16, 03:46 PM

Yeah, the only problem is I'll be off to college in August which means no tools! There should be some huge and awesome CNC mills that I have access to as an engineering student, so that would be fantastic. I can still get the rest done, though!

Side note: Do you know anywhere that I can get used but still good radiators? I'm in the US so my only option right now is buying new from Performance-PCs. They're quite good, but I'm a scavenger with expensive ideas.
EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW
Seasonic SSR-550RM
Old 01-05-16, 04:26 PM
Hagrid Look-A-Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificNic View Post
Yeah, but I feel like with a 240mm in the front and 360 on top, that wouldn't be as apparent. I'm leaning more towards the Enthoo Pro at the moment because I love the front design, but the Define S is really extremely compelling.
Check out my Fractal Solo build. I have a 360 in the front and a 240 in the top of the Define S. Plenty of room in the case with loads of potential for any mods you could want to do.

http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=73310
Old 01-05-16, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilbane View Post
Check out my Fractal Solo build. I have a 360 in the front and a 240 in the top of the Define S. Plenty of room in the case with loads of potential for any mods you could want to do.

http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=73310
I'm thinking 360 rad on top, 240 in the front and a rear intake
EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW
Seasonic SSR-550RM
Old 01-05-16, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Arh I see Just a very privileged regular really, when it comes to materials I think outside the box but most will use machined stuff aluminium, acrylic ect ect.

When I started modding cases I used to use self adhesive vinyl and 3 - 5mm foam board as it was simple cheap and I have history with model making, since then I've moved on and tried many materials. Always remember shop around for materials eBay has pretty much been my goto place for stuff, and trial stuff you'll be surprised what alternatives you'll discover. As for tools all any Modder really needs is a rotary tool i.e a dremel if you can't stretch to one there are loads of good alternatives like the xenta that's available from Ebuyer which I'm currently using and was only £15.
These images are a general outline of how I plan to run the loop as well as fittings I have + ones I need to buy.

What I am currently thinking of doing:

Alternatively:

Thoughts?
EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW
Seasonic SSR-550RM

Tags
cooling, fractal r4, r4 water, water, watercooling