Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Asus UK Customer Care Forums

Old 10-04-16, 03:45 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolemac View Post
I don't think Asus would have let it leave the factory like it
Honestly I do, and that's not because i'm putting ASUS down as a whole but if QC aren't instructed to check how bent it is then it could well leave like that, from above it will look fine. I've seen flagship products 5 times the RRP that bent, is it because a giant company don't care? Not really but just because part of the production have never been told it's a problem, a machine or a worker out in Asia probably doesn't have a swanky retail ASUS motherboard to instinctively know it's an issue. It's also an old SKU so it will have been in storage for a relatively long time and could of been subject to extremes of temparature.

All that said the lower half of the board is fine, and the top edge looks relatively flat so it appears to be the heatsink on the left side of the socket holding it out of line, no PCB would have the strength to hold that shape, it's not like you could accidentally make a curved PCB either. So logically either the holes are out of tolerance or it's just over-tightened. Nobody has stood on it or dropped it or anything really bad at all.

JR

Old 10-04-16, 03:52 PM
Bettyswollocks

I'd like to see more pictures from the OP.
Old 10-04-16, 04:03 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
I'd like to see more pictures from the OP.
I'd like to just unscrew the heatsink, hear the thread binding on the side of the hole as it comes out and then watch it snap back into shape. Then plug it in and do a whole build on the motherboard box, check everything works and send it to jayztwocents to get a new hole drilled in the correct location.

JR
Old 10-04-16, 05:13 PM

I`m not trolling Asus here but they have a history of second-rate customer service and looks like the dealer here is not faring much better. Luckily Ive never had a prob with their ROG formula boards but its a gamble. MSI and Gigabyte on the other hand have brilliant support, especially Gigabyte who have even repaired a PCI-E X8 lane I `accidently` ripped off lol
64gb 3000mhz Corsair LED VENGEANCE
Samsung 256gb M.2 in raid 0,2x 8tb WD black,1 TB Samsung Evo ssd
4K iiyama prolite [email protected] hz
msi gtx 1070 gaming x/ Logitech G900 mouse
EVGA T2 1000w /Das mechanical keyboard
Old 10-04-16, 07:10 PM

From what you have posted and looking at the picture you have provided i wouldn't even bother blaming Asus as its not their fault i would look to the retailer you bought it from "the internet shop" are they a reputable company and so on how are there reviews?
Old 10-04-16, 11:49 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolemac View Post
Like the above post said you should have tried them and they would have been straight when you screwed them in your case fella . Shaming Asus is very hard I have never had any issues with any of their products which I have bought from them I do suspect this was damage by the courier.
I'd be a bit wary of the second part. Yes build it on the box to see if it works but you can guarantee if the thing snapped, cracked or popped when you were straightening it out by screwing it into your case they'd (the retailer) blame you and refuse an RMA.

I've done that with a case before but that's only metal so worst case is the floor is still warped. Not sure I'd risk the mobo.

It's an odd one and I agree it's probably been one that's already been returned previously. Could it have been heat damaged somewhere along the line? Near enough a strong heat source to warp but not enough to burn the box?

Send it back for a refund and buy from somewhere else - the retailer was supposed to 'check it' and they obviously didn't do a great job of that...

Old 11-04-16, 12:13 AM
OC3D Elite

I think its a bit of a stretch to blame Asus here. Though it is a bit of a crazy coincidence that all 3 arrived like that.

Is the reseller reputable? What courier are they using? Will they offer an alternative courier?

Given that the reseller presumably checked the motherboard prior to dispatch, it would seem that the courier is rather lacking.

Watercooling - custom
Old 11-04-16, 12:52 AM
OC3D Elite

How the actual could it be the Courier if the box is completely fine?
Old 11-04-16, 02:59 AM
OC3D Elite

Ive been using Asus for my builds and when I build for other people for years and I personally feel theyre the best motherboards on the planet. That said, their customer service may possibly be the worst. Truth is, none of the motherboard brands are known for stellar CS. Gigabyte seems to be coming up in that regard and I know MSI has a presence here on this forum which is huge. Asus on the other hand seems to still be in the customer service dark ages.

Every time I make a motherboard purchase I struggle with that fact. I generally always wind up biting my lip and pulling the trigger on the Asus hoping itll be a good on. And in a decade of building rigs for myself and tons for other people (for fun on the side, not professionally) Ive not had a DOA Asus board show up. Hopefully my luck will hold out and I wont have to experience their customer service anytime soon.

AMD R5 1600X @ 4.0 GHz ••• Asus ROG Strix X370-F ••• Corsair H110i
Corsair 500R ••• EVGA Supernova G3 750 ••• Corsair Vengeance 16GB
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB x2 ••• Nvidia RTX 2070 FE
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB ••• Acer Predator XB272 @ 240 Hz
Logitech G-Pro TKL ••• Logitech G MX518
Old 11-04-16, 06:57 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPC View Post
How the actual could it be the Courier if the box is completely fine?
OP doesnt say anything about the box, so its not possible to know that there was no.damage given that the,photo doesnt give us a full view of every part of the box either.

Rather unlikely that a seller would willingly waste so much on freight.

Watercooling - custom

Tags
asus