Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > NZXT Forum

Old 05-01-16, 07:35 PM

Question NZXT Noctis 450 Fan hub

Hello,

I own a noctis 450 since a couple weeks and I don't know if its a build problem or just me but here is what i'm experiencing : everytime I turn my PC on, the case fans are at their minimum speed until windows loads and then go full speed.
To reduce the speed I have to do it manualy (via MSI Command Center, I've got a msi mobo).
The hub is powered by the MOLEX connector and controled by the PWM connector connected to one of my CPUFAN connector on the mobo.

So does it seem normal or is there an issue ?

Thanks,

ImNotLucci

Old 05-01-16, 07:37 PM
The Guvnor

Sounds like a config issue on the motherboard to me

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 05-01-16, 07:43 PM

I also forgot to mention that I can control the fans but I can not see their speed as if they were not detected by the system. The hub is connected to the CPUFAN2 connector and my CPU fan (cooler master evo 212) is connected to the CPUFAN1 connector and he is working properly (speed speed in function of CPU temperature and is detected). Tried to invert the connectors but did not change anything.
Old 05-01-16, 07:46 PM
Advanced Member

Try another connection instead of CPUFAN and check out if it gives any difference

EDIT : what i found on another source, this might help maybe?

"The PWM cable coming off the hub will go to the CPU_FAN header. You can directly connect the CPU_FAN device to the PWM Hub as well"
Old 05-01-16, 07:49 PM

Already did that, still had the problem :/

Posts merged - Please do not post multiple times in a row

The "CPU_FAN header" is one of the CPUFAN connectors on the motherboard, right ?
Old 05-01-16, 07:54 PM
Advanced Member

yes it is

Now that behind, all this doesnt seem that bad though, might be some strange windows settings thats puts it all at 100% as default. It is connected on a molex after all ^^

if it really disturbs you, you can always buy another fancontroller that you can build in and control without software
Old 05-01-16, 08:29 PM

Well command center should be controling them but they won't listen
Old 24-02-16, 06:23 PM

The NZXT PWM fan hub is a strange device indeed. I have a new version of the H440 with this hub and my testing has shown the following........

1. No need to connect the PWM cable to the CPU header on your motherboard, connecting to any controllable fan header works the same.

2. You must have a case fan connected to the white fan connector on the hub (fan1) to see rpm of the fan but this only shows the rpm of the connected fan on that particular header.

3. Changing fan speeds via the motherboard BIOS or software only affects the fan on the white fan1 header, all other fans appear to run at full speed.

Basically the fan hub is rubbish.
Old 06-03-16, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASGard View Post
The NZXT PWM fan hub is a strange device indeed. I have a new version of the H440 with this hub and my testing has shown the following........

1. No need to connect the PWM cable to the CPU header on your motherboard, connecting to any controllable fan header works the same.

2. You must have a case fan connected to the white fan connector on the hub (fan1) to see rpm of the fan but this only shows the rpm of the connected fan on that particular header.

3. Changing fan speeds via the motherboard BIOS or software only affects the fan on the white fan1 header, all other fans appear to run at full speed.

Basically the fan hub is rubbish.
Same porblem with noctis 450.Any solution?
Old 18-03-16, 11:33 PM

hi tom

ill be using the noctis 450 with the x61 kracken for my 1st build, am I able to connect the x61 kracken to the fan hub then connect the fan hub to the cpu header on the motherboard ( ga-z170xp-sli) ?

I'm presuming by doing this I would be to moniter the temps from the x61 and the case temps from case fans using cam software ? also does the cam software allow me to moniter the gpu temps (gtx 980 ti) aswell or do I need to use the nivida software for that ?

many thanks in advance,looking forward to my 1st build

Tags
fan hub, noctis 450, nzxt