Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > New Build Advice

Old 31-08-15, 10:44 AM
OC3D Elite

ATM with only 2 cards, YES. However 3 will be the limit. Though frankly if you are going to have 3, you WILL need to get a different case and watercool them, otherwise....

Why not just save yourself the extra effort later and get a more flexible case now? After all you said yourself you are more than likely to add more cards, of which would be impractical in the S340.

Watercooling - custom
Old 31-08-15, 10:46 AM
OC3D Elite

Fractal Define R5/ Define S/ NZXT H440?

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Old 31-08-15, 10:51 AM
OC3D Elite

I own all 3 and overall I like the H440 White/Black the most.

However if you want good airflow (no custom watercooling loop), definitely go for the Fractal cases instead.

If you are going to go custom I would suggest the H440 (quietest) or the Define S.

Though frankly if you are wanting to watercool potentially 4 titan Xs and an overclocked 5960X, you should get much more than a total of 720 rad space.

Watercooling - custom
Old 24-09-15, 07:59 PM

I have just bought an Asus Rampage V Extreme, and I noticed two bent CPU socket pins... Well as Asus manage replacements even third party returns, do you think I can still get a replacement even if I attempt to fix the problem "temporarily"?

So I've managed to line the pins back up but they are not 100% it's hard to tell the difference, but it's definitely there... Check these images out to see what the pins were like:
Before fix:

After fix:

I guess the question is should I make the pins like they were again before returning or not?
Old 24-09-15, 09:01 PM
Hagrid Look-A-Like

If you have only just bought the board, you could have just returned it to the vendor for a direct replacement. Anything within 28 days will be dealt with directly by the vendor. Personally i wouldn't have "repaired" the pins, can potentially do more damage than good.
Old 25-09-15, 05:53 AM
Advanced Member

As far as I know bent pins are not covered under the warranty by most motherboard manufacturers.
Old 25-09-15, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo View Post
As far as I know bent pins are not covered under the warranty by most motherboard manufacturers.
My motherboard arrived that way...
Old 25-09-15, 07:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbonnett View Post
My motherboard arrived that way...
You can always try to RMA it. But I read of a lot of cases where they refused warranty. Especially Asus.
Have a look at this article http://www.gigabytenordic.com/bent-p...ered-warranty/
It's about Gigabyte by I would assume Asus has the same stance in this matter.

Unfortunatly you have to prepare yourself that in the worst case you are screwed.
Old 25-09-15, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo View Post
You can always try to RMA it. But I read of a lot of cases where they refused warranty. Especially Asus.
Have a look at this article http://www.gigabytenordic.com/bent-p...ered-warranty/
It's about Gigabyte by I would assume Asus has the same stance in this matter.

Unfortunatly you have to prepare yourself that in the worst case you are screwed.
That's what I've done... The question was would they still accept it if I tried "fix" the problem...
Old 27-09-15, 02:51 PM

What you guys thinks so far?

Getting better / more RAM soon, and three Titan X's...

Also has anyone had this problem before? I'm using the MSI 780 OC Twin Frozr and everytime I play a game (can be any game) the sound slows down and pops a lot, I have latest drivers, any ideas what's causing this?

Here's a video of the problem: http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=1z1a...8#.VgbaLxNViko

Tags
advice, overkill, upgrade