Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Corsair Customer Care Forum

Old 28-06-15, 03:15 PM

Corsair TX850 PSU Non Modular Fan Failure

Hey guys,

So my Corsair TX850 PSU has failed. The fan has stopped spinning causing it to overheat, I can't open it up and attempt to fix as this will void my warranty.

PSU is exactly 2 years old today, so still have 3 years remaining on the warranty.

My issue and question is this: I need an expressed replacement, I'm UK based and when trying to create an RMA for this to happen on the Corsair tech support site, I am unable to select the expressed replacement on the RMA form.... Anyone else having this issue or is it just me?

I can't have the standard replacement, I can't be without a PC, I've currently made a temp fix to get my PC up and running again so sending off my PSU and waiting around while the replacement is sent out, just isn't an option.

Has only else been able to sort out the express replacement? Also, when sending stuff off to get it replaced, do Corsair refund the costs of shipping? I believe I may need to send to USA or Holland, this is going to cost me a small fortune. Anyone else have experience regarding this?

Any help/feedback or information regarding the process would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Daniel

Old 28-06-15, 03:32 PM
OC3D Elite

You should've maybe posted this in the "Corsair Customer Care Forum"... As then Grey_beard can help you out, as he's legendary on here!

Good luck with your case though mate!
Old 28-06-15, 04:08 PM

Done! haha

Didn't even notice there was a Corsair Customer Car Forum!

Sorry about that fingers crossed Grey_beard can help me out
Old 28-06-15, 04:10 PM
OC3D Elite

Thread moved to Corsair Customer Care and duplicate thread removed.

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Old 29-06-15, 06:40 PM
OC3D Elite

Hi Daniel,
Sorry to hear about your PSU. I totally understand the inconvenience of not having a working system while a warranty claim is in process. No need to worry though, we'll get that sorted out for you so you can get back up and running.

Not sure why our ticketing system is not manually allowing you to select Express RMA, might have been a glitch in our system, I don't know. Regardless we'll look in to that. At this point, if you already have a ticket # assigned to you, post it here and I can personally change the process to Express RMA in our system. I'll also let customer service know that your RMA request is a priority so they can pushed it through the queue quicker than normal.

As for the postage fee to send the PSU back. Since you are in the UK, our closest depot that can handle RMAs is at Bolton. That shouldn't cost you a fortune to send that faulty unit back to us.

Let's start with the ticket # and if you have questions about the process, feel free to let me know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
You should've maybe posted this in the "Corsair Customer Care Forum"... As then Grey_beard can help you out, as he's legendary on here!

Good luck with your case though mate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feronix View Post
Thread moved to Corsair Customer Care and duplicate thread removed.
I appreciate the assistance guys you guys are the best!

Tags
corsair, power supply, power supply unit, psu, tx850