Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 27-06-15, 12:07 PM

Here comes the case...

No Parvum would be complete without a little bit of HyperX, somehow looking even better in black and white we have a 3K SSD for PARVUM KRAIT.

The moment you've all been waiting for, a relatively gigantic Parvum of the ATX form with plenty of room to accommodate all of the watercooling gear.

Time to bring in the hardware...

Push pull, just because we co... I mean for the substantial thermal performance benefits.

Old 27-06-15, 04:15 PM
OC3D Elite

How about a pic without black and white? *hurr durr*
I love it mate!
Old 27-06-15, 05:01 PM
Resident Newb

Looks good, Good thing this is a sponsored build otherwise those fittings would mean house remortgage time
Battle.Net: Dicehunter#2746
Old 28-06-15, 05:45 PM

Thanks for all of your positive comments, we can't wait to bring you even more, naturally in black and white.

With all of the parts selected and neatly positioned in the case it was time to plan out the loop and prepare to unite the components with coolant. At this point the pump and reservoir were propped up and we experimented with placement of fittings to carry off the distinctive Parvum rigid acrylic style.

It's not just as simple as smashing in loads of rotaries, much consideration was given to symmetry and balance.

After getting to positions we were happy with the pump was mounted directly to the rear panel of the case.

Next time we will be tubing the loop, mounting the reservoir and hopefully getting on to some leak testing. Plus there are a few loose ends to be wrapped up in the back of the case.

PS. Whoever can spot the huge oversight (which was totally done on purpose) will earn a teaser for your forum.
Old 28-06-15, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imersa View Post
PS. Whoever can spot the huge oversight (which was totally done on purpose) will earn a teaser for your forum.
Only things i can see are 1. The 2 fans and the rad are missing the black covers over the bearing section and 2. the pump is missing a stop cap.

But i have been up for over just short of 36 hrs so will have another look lol.
Old 28-06-15, 06:05 PM

We are waiting for some more matt black fan stickers but that's not the one. Your very close with the stop cap, a commendable effort for such awakeness.
Old 29-06-15, 08:21 AM
The Webmaster

There's a lifetime's wages worth of fittings in those boxes...

Still don't understand why the markup on those things is so utterly stupid compared to the bom cost. But meh..

This is looking lush.
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 29-06-15, 09:25 AM
Advanced Member

Looks to me like you're going res-cpu-ram-pump-rad instead of res-pump if I see this corectly according to the angle of the fittings, is that the 'oversight'?

EDIT: oh nope it's the other way around, res-rad-pump-ram-cpu, the middle port of the pump is the inlet!!
Old 29-06-15, 10:39 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
There's a lifetime's wages worth of fittings in those boxes...
There is probably more than i'll make this year on the floor I tried to save as many as I could find!

JR
Old 29-06-15, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asperatis View Post
...oh nope it's the other way around, res-rad-pump-ram-cpu, the middle port of the pump is the inlet!!
Nailing it, I think OC3D is in the lead now.

Tags
krait, modding, parvum, scratchbuild, watercooling