Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Liquid Cooling

Old 22-05-15, 09:34 AM
Classy-Fried-Chicken

I would love to see that! Whatever the outcome!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Theory is when you have the "know how" but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined: Nothing works and no one knows why
Old 22-05-15, 10:05 AM
OC3D Crew

You going to go totally ghetto and use a washing machine pump?

Seriously though, that is total overkill!!
Old 22-05-15, 10:38 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuppyFishNoob View Post
pushes about 1000LPM i think
1000LPM pump? O.o I think D5s go up to about 1200L per hour

Old 22-05-15, 12:30 PM
OC3D Elite

not sure what pressure you're looking at with a washing machine pump.. id be worried about my tubing and fittings..

I would 100% make a test of tubing blocks pump and rand not connected to anything. outside
Old 22-05-15, 01:03 PM

sweet now im really looking forward to finishing this project. i shall upload pics of the completed project when its all done and hopefully the temps i get if this works OK. im hoping that by taking the heat out of my case from the CPU as the AIO i have sucks air from the outside to the inside of the case, that i can run the exhausts at low RPM and modify my GPU fan curve so i dont have to mess with the fan speeds at all whether gaming or idle.

Posts merged - Please do not double post

yeah ive already leak tested it for 24 hours + when i was applying the araldite so it shouldnt leak. ill do another 24 hour test when i hook the loop up and before i first power it on. na its not a washing machine pump, just an aquarium pump for a pond or tank etc. but i made sure it had a decent amount of power before i bought it. roughly 1000LPH and like 3.2m of head or something like that.
Old 23-05-15, 06:46 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuppyFishNoob View Post
..... the AIO i have sucks air from the outside to the inside of the case
Why can't you just flip the fans around on the AIO?
Old 26-05-15, 04:32 AM

hey guys ive had issues with the radiator leaking so i need to redo one of the plugs before i can paint it. so instead of waiting ages for pics of the finished product i think i might just make a build log album or something. oh FYI i checked the pump specs and it pumps 2500LPH with 2.3m of head
Old 10-06-15, 10:34 PM
Advanced Member

Hi mate, I too have built a pretty unconventional cooling loop, ill post links at the bottom.

with the rad you wont need any fans. I have 8 ltrs in my loop, I have a rad but the fans never kick in.
Your main issue is that pump. the block you have wont handle that kind of flow, it will cause back pressure and you will have tubes popping off like hose pipes, (ask me how I know), so you need to test that block and see how much its max LPM is then get a pump that can do that. anything over that will cause excess pressure and will damage the pump.

Oh also, you cant bore them out to improve flow rate. well you can, and flow rate improves, cooling will degrade though so theres no point, (been there done that).

So my advice is, change the connectors on the rad to step down hose tails from a pond shop, jubilee clip them in. Then get a smaller pump, or you could create a bypass loop with a ball valve and have the excess LPM run around that. and back, the ball valve will let you fine tune it.

hope this helps

http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=51233
http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthr...t=51113&page=3
http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=51855
Corsair CX750M
EVGA GTX 770 CLASSIFIED

Old 13-06-15, 02:54 PM

ive redone the plugs on the radiator and it is now leak free the barb fittings for the watercooling tubing havent leaked since i first epoxied them in but the plugs on the other holes have, theyre all fixed now. and as for the block when i first got the parts i leak tested it all for a 24 hour period and there were no leaks from the block at all. the flow was really good, the hoses didnt come off or leak at all but i did have hose clamps attached as well. now its just to finish the paint, buy more UV blue dye then to attach it all to the PC.

Tags
diy, gaming, passive cooling, water cooling