Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Liquid Cooling

Old 14-05-15, 04:21 PM

Cool First Water Cooled Loop

So I finally invested in a water cooled loop. Instead of buying brand new parts I decided to go look on r/hardwareswap to see if I could find some water cooling parts, I found a XSPC Res&Pump Combo, Bitspower stubby highflow barbs, a 140mm Radiator, and a XSPC CPU block. I got all of it for only $100

So I thought I would share a bit of information with everyone about my experience upgrading to a custom water cooled loop.

So to start off previously I had a Corsair H60 with a push pull set up, that was cooling my AMD FX-8320 (OC'ed to 4.5GHz) when I was idling my temps would be around 35ºC or so and I went to a hardware store, purchased a few odds and ends and put it all together in a few hours.
This is a very simple loop that still needs alot more work and just a few more things but what blew me away was the temps I was getting with such a getto ass loop. My idle temps jump between 12ºC to 20ºC and under load it has never gone over 35ºC.

Images of the Getto Loop!
I'm just gonna make a link to a Imgur Album so they dont take up the whole post.
CLICK ME FOR THE IMGUR ALBUM

So I guess a but of advice, if you have a bit of extra money lying around and are bored and want to learn something new I would recommend watching a few videos and then going out and finding the required parts! I am forsure no expert on water cooling but if you are thinking about a water cooling loop feel free to message me or comment and make sure to check out r/hardwareswap.

Also if there are any water cooling Guru's out there that feel like giving me some advice on what to change or what I should do next feel free to let me know!

Old 14-05-15, 04:26 PM
The Webmaster

The cpu block looks bent... ?
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 14-05-15, 04:45 PM
OC3D Elite

Hi there I bought an xspc kit and now I am just about to upgrade the pump to a D5 from the xspc 750 those kits are fine for just CPU cooling but most people want their loop to include their GPU as well

Edit: your cpu block looks overtightened to me buddy and in the 2nd picture I can see air bubbles in the loop

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla

Old 14-05-15, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
Defo looks like he has over tightened the block a bit
Old 14-05-15, 05:31 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via MSN to kilobravo
Either its(cpu-block) bend,but you need a replacement!

Old 14-05-15, 05:48 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilobravo View Post
Either its(cpu-block) bend,but you need a replacement!
He doesnt He needs to loosen the lower screw so that the block sits level

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla

Old 14-05-15, 06:29 PM
The Webmaster

yeah just needs to be loosened off a touch. hopefully it will spring back
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 26-05-15, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
It slightly is because when I got it off of r/hardwareswap the guy didnt care to send the back plate of thumb screws. Soooo I had to make due with what I had on hand.

Posts merged - Please use the multi-quote function

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolemac View Post
Hi there I bought an xspc kit and now I am just about to upgrade the pump to a D5 from the xspc 750 those kits are fine for just CPU cooling but most people want their loop to include their GPU as well

Edit: your cpu block looks overtightened to me buddy and in the 2nd picture I can see air bubbles in the loop
At the time I took those pictures the loop was not completely bleed yet and I know about the CPU block issue. I will be getting a new block soon.

Also what would you suggest if I wanted to add a GPU into the loop?
Old 26-05-15, 04:53 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlyleader View Post
Also what would you suggest if I wanted to add a GPU into the loop?
A 240 mm radiator as well as your 140mm a laing D5 pump at least

Old 26-05-15, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolemac View Post
A 240 mm radiator as well as your 140mm a laing D5 pump at least
So if I wanted to get a new pump would you suggest a laing D5 pump and res combo or separate?

Tags
corsiar, cpu, firstloop, temps, watercooling