Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Cases & Power
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #11  
Old 20-11-14, 04:31 PM
barnsley's Avatar
barnsley barnsley is offline
born in a.....
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 7,216
Quite neat I must say.

Its incredibly Silverstone-esque design wise, looks like it could be an RVZ02.

__________________
Rig: i7 [email protected]|2x8gb HyperX Fury|Intel z97-AR|Corsair H75| 2x Nvidia 1070 founders edition|Superflower leadex 750W gold|Inwin 904| 970 EVO 500GB m.2|512GB evo 840| Crucial MX 500 500GB|ASUS MG279Q +Acer S240HL| Windows 10 pro, 8.1 pro| Kubuntu LTS
Audio: Silverstone EB01-E+EB03+DT 770 Pro 250Ω+Samson SAGOMIC
Ducky Legend (cherry red)+Zowie AM-FG
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 20-11-14, 04:35 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: With the Asguardians of the Galaxy
Posts: 16,289
Ribbon cables are just an extension. That's basically what they are so need to overthink the use of them Willsk
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 20-11-14, 04:35 PM
JR23 JR23 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,215
I do like the concept but I personally think that in areas it's too flexible and that spoils the overall aesthetic. It seems slightly too feature rich, it's well considered in it's design but it tries to solve too many problems.

It's obvious that it has been made by a designer and not a builder/modder and I find that kinda sad that as an individual you've made something that considers everybody, it's good, but it's your idea of a case for others and not something personal. I hope that a manufacturer takes note and draws inspiration from it although basing it so heavily on a Raven kinda limits your chances.

JR
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 20-11-14, 05:03 PM
jiyang1018 jiyang1018 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR23 View Post
I do like the concept but I personally think that in areas it's too flexible and that spoils the overall aesthetic. It seems slightly too feature rich, it's well considered in it's design but it tries to solve too many problems.

It's obvious that it has been made by a designer and not a builder/modder and I find that kinda sad that as an individual you've made something that considers everybody, it's good, but it's your idea of a case for others and not something personal. I hope that a manufacturer takes note and draws inspiration from it although basing it so heavily on a Raven kinda limits your chances.

JR
Looking can be easily changed like this:

Feature rich? I proposed this to manufacturers and hoping to get this case produced. With that intent, I have to consider what can be possibly needed and accommodated while still meeting my design criteria.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 20-11-14, 05:39 PM
JR23 JR23 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiyang1018 View Post
Looking can be easily changed like this:

Feature rich? I proposed this to manufacturers and hoping to get this case produced. With that intent, I have to consider what can be possibly needed and accommodated while still meeting my design criteria.
I suggest you respond to my comments and other peoples as a human and not a troll. Take criticism and engage with your audience, most people like what you have done, there is no need to be defensive. I've noticed you have shared this on quite a number of forums and understandably it has been deleted on some and if you don't learn to adjust your attitude to be a little more passive then it will get deleted everywhere.

I'm guessing your probably trying to get noticed by manufacturers rather than get other peoples input which I don't think is a fantastic idea given your current position. You don't really have anything to protect your IP and pushing your design around the entire internet isn't going to help. Your clearly talented in some areas but your not the first person to have a good idea. Given that less than 1 in 25 ideas that go through a full and comprehensive product development process are a commercial success just smashing into it is a terrible approach.

You want my advice with the project as a whole at least put your own arse on the line and prototype one for yourself and start to move it on physically. If your earn the respect of modders the higher powers will fall into place.

JR
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 20-11-14, 05:44 PM
Mysterae's Avatar
Mysterae Mysterae is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 969
Very nice design, the chrome pipes caught me eye , even if they are perhaps rendered. Not having cables present is a bit of a marketing trick as things will do get cluttered and present a challenge like WillSK says. Don't let that deter you though.

I do like the ability to have the window on the left or right - to me it would be on the left. I'm itching to do another case mod/scratch build myself, especially using PCI-E extensions, just waiting for that inspirational spark or inception.

The fact that your case is mITX will limit your potential customers, but the are popular so the market is there, but not for me at the moment anyway.

Edited to say - what JR23 says is bang on the money, take heed.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 20-11-14, 05:51 PM
jiyang1018 jiyang1018 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR23 View Post
I suggest you respond to my comments and other peoples as a human and not a troll. Take criticism and engage with your audience, most people like what you have done, there is no need to be defensive. I've noticed you have shared this on quite a number of forums and understandably it has been deleted on some and if you don't learn to adjust your attitude to be a little more passive then it will get deleted everywhere.

I'm guessing your probably trying to get noticed by manufacturers rather than get other peoples input which I don't think is a fantastic idea given your current position. You don't really have anything to protect your IP and pushing your design around the entire internet isn't going to help. Your clearly talented in some areas but your not the first person to have a good idea. Given that less than 1 in 25 ideas that go through a full and comprehensive product development process are a commercial success just smashing into it is a terrible approach.

You want my advice with the project as a whole at least put your own arse on the line and prototype one for yourself and start to move it on physically. If your earn the respect of modders the higher powers will fall into place.

JR
I am afraid you got my intent wrong completely.
First, I am engaging anyone with answer why I did it this or that way. I posted my design 3 places before, and got deleted 3 times because I have my website address in the last side of my presentation. I removed the last slide and reposted it the same 3 places and they are still there. Most people liked it, some people hated it and some people just don't really care so they didn't bother replying.

Second, I already contact all the manufacturers that I feel they might like this. As I mentioned before, my design was finalized in June, and I started asking around. I am not protecting my design in any way. I do not have the money or the need to get a patent on this. This is just one of the things I designed, but it happened to the the one I solely own and I can do anything with. That is why I am sharing it EVERYWHERE on the entire Internet. I do not make a penny out of this, on the contrary, I am investing my own time and effort into something I love to do.

I want your advice as much as I want anyone's feedback. You have a question regarding the Raven-look, I provided a different look. If it does not please you, I failed at pleasing you. But the other people like the second look better than the first and I still appreciate their support or just simply feedback.

I do not see why you consider me as TROLL other than a HUMAN, but I do feel that a little insulting.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterae View Post
Very nice design, the chrome pipes caught me eye , even if they are perhaps rendered. Not having cables present is a bit of a marketing trick as things will do get cluttered and present a challenge like WillSK says. Don't let that deter you though.

I do like the ability to have the window on the left or right - to me it would be on the left. I'm itching to do another case mod/scratch build myself, especially using PCI-E extensions, just waiting for that inspirational spark or inception.

The fact that your case is mITX will limit your potential customers, but the are popular so the market is there, but not for me at the moment anyway.

Edited to say - what JR23 says is bang on the money, take heed.
I am just stating the truth. Lian-Li showcased their wall mounted case with components installed and active lighting. There is still no cables, not even memory sticks. Having wires cables is more real world scenario but it may also cover some things you want to show.

I personally do not like ITX build in general. I am sure this design cannot fit everyone's taste, and I am working on a mATX version with, I am hoping, slightly bigger overall dimension.

I do not know what triggered JR23, maybe I said CAD modeling is what I do when I get bored. But this is 100%, completely, absolutely the truth. I taught a CAD class voluntarily earlier this year. My students asked me what I do over the weekend, I said modeling, because I was modeling all the components, fans, radiators, fittings, motherboards, CPU coolers. If allowed, I will post my GrabCAD link and everyone can go see the models I have uploaded during the past several months.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 20-11-14, 06:02 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: With the Asguardians of the Galaxy
Posts: 16,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR23 View Post
I suggest you respond to my comments and other peoples as a human and not a troll. Take criticism and engage with your audience, most people like what you have done, there is no need to be defensive. I've noticed you have shared this on quite a number of forums and understandably it has been deleted on some and if you don't learn to adjust your attitude to be a little more passive then it will get deleted everywhere.

I'm guessing your probably trying to get noticed by manufacturers rather than get other peoples input which I don't think is a fantastic idea given your current position. You don't really have anything to protect your IP and pushing your design around the entire internet isn't going to help. Your clearly talented in some areas but your not the first person to have a good idea. Given that less than 1 in 25 ideas that go through a full and comprehensive product development process are a commercial success just smashing into it is a terrible approach.
JR
No need to come off as a . Just chill out. He has not once throughout this thread come off as a troll or being defensive. Think the attitude here is yours to be fair. He has only asked for feedback and questions. He's quite clearly done as you have asked-- taking critiscm and engaging his audience by responding.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 20-11-14, 06:03 PM
JR23 JR23 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiyang1018 View Post
I do not make a penny out of this, on the contrary, I am investing my own time and effort into something I love to do.
That is what everybody is doing on all of the forums. You will get their respect through being an equal no trying to push your idea to manufacturers, treat it as a project log not a proposition irrespective of your final intentions.

I don't wish to be disrespectful to you undeservedly but your writing style comes over as being abrupt at times and working on that is equally important to your success as the idea itself.

JR
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 20-11-14, 06:07 PM
jiyang1018 jiyang1018 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnsley View Post
Quite neat I must say.

Its incredibly Silverstone-esque design wise, looks like it could be an RVZ02.
Thank you.

Frankly, I was a big Silverstone Fan until RV04 came out. RV05 is pretty good though. I am sure this will not become RVZ 02 no matter how much I want it this way.

I do not think Silverstone likes the impact that ribbon cable might have on graphic card performance. The test I saw shows no impact on 3dmark score, but I saw other tests showing slight latency. For most causal gamers, at least in my opinion, that latency is too minimal to get noticed, but that is just me.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR23 View Post
That is what everybody is doing on all of the forums. You will get their respect through being an equal no trying to push your idea to manufacturers, treat it as a project log not a proposition irrespective of your final intentions.

I don't wish to be disrespectful to you undeservedly but your writing style comes over as being abrupt at times and working on that is equally important to your success as the idea itself.

JR
I responded to all your questions regarding the design and why my thread was deleted on other forums. I believe that was clear enough.

I am sorry you do not like my writing style. To you or to anyone on any forum, you have a question regarding my design, I answer and explain it the best way I could. If it turned out that you do not like it, I do not have to convince you to like it. I am afraid we have to agree on disagree.

Still, I hope I clarified your concerns about deletion and other things.
Here is a partial quote from OCN
Quote:
Simple, you posted external links to your website which is directing traffic to a site that you have interest in.
Other 2 did not bother giving a reason for deletion but after I removed the last slide of my presentation, everything went smoothly.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cad, case, design, itx

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 03:12 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.