Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Cases & Power

Old 20-11-14, 05:03 PM

Every Part Deserves Your Attention | A mini-ITX Computer Case Design

This is a mini-ITX computer case I designed. For now, at least, it only exists in my digital world. Please leave your valuable feedback and questions, and I will try my best to answer them.

Size comparison to one of the biggest cases, one of the smallest ones and one of the popular ones.
Left to right, Silverstone RVZ 01, Bitfenix Prodigy, my design, Corsair 900D

Keyshot VR is also available:
I do not want to show the link to my personal website and get my thread deleted for advertising, but I do want to provide a way for you to see this VR I spent days to render on my computer.

A short demo of different layouts, still rendered for days so you can see my design better:
http://youtu.be/IRw7jOIApSI

My design criteria:
  • Better cooling performance than Silverstone RVZ 01 in;
  • Better radiator support than Bitfenix Prodigy and Corsair 250D (380T should be about the same as 250D);
  • Smaller internally than Prodigy and 250D;
  • Most importantly, show off all the awesome looking components you have chosen;

Old 20-11-14, 05:09 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Holy that's awesome.. You're a professional 3D designer i take it?
Old 20-11-14, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Holy that's awesome.. You're a professional 3D designer i take it?
Industrial designer with passion in computers. And thank you for the good words.
Old 20-11-14, 05:12 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to WillSK
Love it in theory and if it worked a build could look beautiful but I need to see cables and cable management. Unless you have fingers the size of toothpicks I could see this being infuriating to build in.

With the I/O panel at the top and the roof covering it, where are all my cables gonna go to connect to my monitor etc.?

I'm also admittedly not a huge fan of the slanted roof design. It's definitely personal taste but i prefer something a lil more symmetrical and clean looking from the side as that's the side i'll be seeing most of the time.

I don't know anything about PCIE ribbons but do they have any impact on the speed of the data transfer?
My Rig : Fractal S2 Case, ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero, Ryzen 3800X, Corsair H115i Platinum, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO, 32 Gb Team Pro Dark RAM 3200Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD, Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
Old 20-11-14, 05:14 PM
News Guru

I do love this design, very nice work here mate. Some top class models there
Old 20-11-14, 05:16 PM
Bettyswollocks

That is possibly the sexiest case I've ever seen!
Old 20-11-14, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSK View Post
Love it in theory and if it worked a build could look beautiful but I need to see cables and cable management. Unless you have fingers the size of toothpicks I could see this being infuriating to build in.

Also I don't know anything about PCIE ribbons but do they have any impact on the speed of the data transfer?
It takes a lot of time to place and render wires so I do not feel the need.
There are plenty cutouts for cables to go through, and most connectors, at least power connectors are at plain site and easy to access. I do not believe, however, stock cables from those SFX power supplies are easy to work with anyways. For this to work, soft and shorter cables are better. Overall, it should be much easier to work with than Silverstone RVZ01, and no doubt it is more difficult to work with than any some bigger cases; I believe that is understandable, or at least tolerable.

I have no experience with PCIE ribbon cables, but I saw a testing from LTT (I hope this link is not against any rule). According to this test, the impact is minimal; even positive in this test.

At the same time, Lian-Li is releasing a series of wall mounted cases all utilizing the same solution -- ribbon cable. BTW, my design was finalized in June, and proposed to some companies in June as well. I did not copy Lian-Li in any way, and I do not believe they copied me either. Just to clarify.
Old 20-11-14, 05:22 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to WillSK
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiyang1018 View Post
It takes a lot of time to place and render wires so I do not feel the need.
There are plenty cutouts for cables to go through, and most connectors, at least power connectors are at plain site and easy to access. I do not believe, however, stock cables from those SFX power supplies are easy to work with anyways. For this to work, soft and shorter cables are better. Overall, it should be much easier to work with than Silverstone RVZ01, and no doubt it is more difficult to work with than any some bigger cases; I believe that is understandable, or at least tolerable.

I have no experience with PCIE ribbon cables, but I saw a testing from LTT (I hope this link is not against any rule). According to this test, the impact is minimal; even positive in this test.

At the same time, Lian-Li is releasing a series of wall mounted cases all utilizing the same solution -- ribbon cable. BTW, my design was finalized in June, and proposed to some companies in June as well. I did not copy Lian-Li in any way, and I do not believe they copied me either. Just to clarify.
Don't get me wrong dude the work is beautiful, i'm just trying to pick out some flaws which is of course why you uploaded it here in the first place I would assume
My Rig : Fractal S2 Case, ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero, Ryzen 3800X, Corsair H115i Platinum, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO, 32 Gb Team Pro Dark RAM 3200Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD, Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
Old 20-11-14, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsyerproblem View Post
I do love this design, very nice work here mate. Some top class models there
Thank you. CAD modeling is something I do when I get bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithguard View Post
That is possibly the sexiest case I've ever seen!
I am glad you feel that way, and that is what I was trying to achieve.
Old 20-11-14, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSK View Post
Don't get me wrong dude the work is beautiful, i'm just trying to pick out some flaws which is of course why you uploaded it here in the first place I would assume
I understand completely, and I appreciate your feedback.
I need to clarify things up a little since some renderings may not be clear enough.

Tags
cad, case, design, itx