Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Processors & Platforms > Mainboard & CPU

Old 05-11-14, 09:01 PM

Smile Looking for a new motherboard too!

Hey, i've been searching for a new motherboard for the upcoming Broadwell cpu for around 180-220€ and I'm basically stuck here. Would you recommend me something or maybe i should go with the Asus Hero VII Z97 perhaps? Some games that i like to play: Crysis Battlefield Witcher Titanfall And such It's for Gaming/Media and i have these parts i have myself now: Asus p8z68-v ATX Intel i7 2600k stock Msi Gtx 970 stock 8g 1600 MHz Gskill Corsair AX860 PSU Intel Gigabit CT Desktop PCIe Asus xonar dx PCIe and motherboard colour doesn't matter thanks!----------------------------------------------------------------------------- And for some odd reason this thing doesn't allow me to use "enter" for spacing so please bare with me, thanks

Old 05-11-14, 09:05 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to WillSK
Quote:
Originally Posted by babattaja View Post
Hey, i've been searching for a new motherboard for the upcoming Broadwell cpu for around 180-220€ and I'm basically stuck here. Would you recommend me something or maybe i should go with the Asus Hero VII Z97 perhaps? Some games that i like to play: Crysis Battlefield Witcher Titanfall And such It's for Gaming/Media and i have these parts i have myself now: Asus p8z68-v ATX Intel i7 2600k stock Msi Gtx 970 stock 8g 1600 MHz Gskill Corsair AX860 PSU Intel Gigabit CT Desktop PCIe Asus xonar dx PCIe and motherboard colour doesn't matter thanks!
Why not just wait for Broadwell to be released along with what will almost certainly be a fresh round of motherboards?
My Rig : Fractal S2 Case, ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero, Ryzen 3800X, Corsair H115i Platinum, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO, 32 Gb Team Pro Dark RAM 3200Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD, Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
Old 05-11-14, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSK View Post
Why not just wait for Broadwell to be released along with what will almost certainly be a fresh round of motherboards?
I tought that they'll fit for the current z97 boards as they are same 1150? But if so it makes this "new motherboard" search thing umm.. Useless.
-----Edit---
But! If so then i thank you hand i'll wait wait some then

Any idea when they might be coming, updates?
Old 05-11-14, 09:55 PM
OC3D Elite

I would wait. Sometimes they bring out new boards with some updates, and you might be sorry. Besides, why let it sit and let warranty expire until you get the chip, unless you plan to run it in something else till then.
Old 06-11-14, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post
I would wait. Sometimes they bring out new boards with some updates, and you might be sorry. Besides, why let it sit and let warranty expire until you get the chip, unless you plan to run it in something else till then.
Well when you put it that way we'll i wasn't actually going to buy it untill Broadwell releases, but yeah i'll hold untill the release or month after the release.

thanks
Old 06-11-14, 05:06 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to WillSK
Quote:
Originally Posted by babattaja View Post
Well when you put it that way we'll i wasn't actually going to buy it untill Broadwell releases, but yeah i'll hold untill the release or month after the release.

thanks
Yeah as Kong says if you can wait for the chip then wait for the motherboard as they normally update them slightly with each chip release
My Rig : Fractal S2 Case, ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero, Ryzen 3800X, Corsair H115i Platinum, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO, 32 Gb Team Pro Dark RAM 3200Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD, Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium

Tags
broadwell, cpu, motherboard