Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Processors & Platforms > Mainboard & CPU
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 21-08-14, 07:50 PM
Francis'FantasticTec Francis'FantasticTec is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 18
Is the xpower ac z97 board e-atx?!

Im a little confused at this point. Pretty much every review and buying site says this mobo is standard atx factor. However, when checking the msi site it says that the mobo is eatx... ive heard that some sites including gigabyte have accidentaly said one of their boards was eatx when infact it was atx. The board does look slightly wider yet it has the standoff holes in the same place as regular atx.... so it seems. Literally everywhere I look ,excluding the msi site, claims the msi xpower ac z97 board is atx... so I need to know, is it? If it is, can i put it in my atx case with the atx standoffs, because my case is pretty roomy and spaceous. Im assuming IF it is eatx it uses the same standoffs for atx, it just requires more room? If not are there any mods to fitting an eatx in a roomy atx case?
Thanks

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 21-08-14, 08:03 PM
TPC's Avatar
TPC TPC is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: D:\BW\Stuttgart
Posts: 1,571
real EATX has one row more standoffs, the xpower is just a bit wider for the buttons etc. it should fit when you have enough space on the right hand side of the board.
The standoff holes are the same that wint be a Problem
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 21-08-14, 08:35 PM
Wraith's Avatar
Wraith Wraith is offline
Bettyswollocks
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: On the Moon.
Posts: 7,614
It is ATX (305 x 264 mm) (Actual board size)
When your looking at the specs list click on the details button.

__________________
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 21-08-14, 08:38 PM
TPC's Avatar
TPC TPC is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: D:\BW\Stuttgart
Posts: 1,571
btw wich case do you have that will help also
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 21-08-14, 08:42 PM
Francis'FantasticTec Francis'FantasticTec is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 18
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPC View Post
real EATX has one row more standoffs, the xpower is just a bit wider for the buttons etc. it should fit when you have enough space on the right hand side of the board.
The standoff holes are the same that wint be a Problem
So i can fit this board in a regular atx case without modding or adding extra standoffs IF i have enough space to the right of the board...?
So essentially what Im asking is are there no extra standoffs which need to be added assuming I have enough roooom.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 21-08-14, 08:45 PM
Francis'FantasticTec Francis'FantasticTec is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 18
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPC View Post
btw wich case do you have that will help also
Thermaltake urban s31. Its actually REALLY roomy once you remove the hdd cages (have to remove rivets for the bottom one) but im like 99% sure there's about 2inches or more between the last set of standoffs and the grommets ect.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 21-08-14, 08:47 PM
Francis'FantasticTec Francis'FantasticTec is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 18
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithguard View Post
It is ATX (305 x 264 mm) (Actual board size)
When your looking at the specs list click on the details button.

Thanks mate... really not sure why it says eatx on the msi site tho lol. I'll take it with a grain of salt an just make sure I do have maybe an inch and a bit of room to the right just to make sure haha
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 21-08-14, 08:49 PM
Wraith's Avatar
Wraith Wraith is offline
Bettyswollocks
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: On the Moon.
Posts: 7,614
I posted the size above, take a tape measure and size it up, you'll then be 100%

Just a quick friendly pointer for future reference, if you have to add more information to a thread please use the edit button rather than double posting.
__________________
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 21-08-14, 08:57 PM
Francis'FantasticTec Francis'FantasticTec is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithguard View Post
I posted the size above, take a tape measure and size it up, you'll then be 100%

Just a quick friendly pointer for future reference, if you have to add more information to a thread please use the edit button rather than double posting.
Thanks man.
Sorry Im kinda new here but yeah Ill edit instead of double posting.
One last question though. It does say its *slightly* longer (264 instead of 250 I believe) making it an 'ssi' mobo. I read up and found out that it uses the same standoffs as atx, is this correct? Is it just slightly longer?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 21-08-14, 09:01 PM
Wraith's Avatar
Wraith Wraith is offline
Bettyswollocks
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: On the Moon.
Posts: 7,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis'FantasticTec View Post
Thanks man.
Sorry Im kinda new here but yeah Ill edit instead of double posting.
One last question though. It does say its *slightly* longer (264 instead of 250 I believe) making it an 'ssi' mobo. I read up and found out that it uses the same standoffs as atx, is this correct? Is it just slightly longer?
Yes it is 14mm longer than a regular ATX board, it's possibly why MSI have it labelled as a eATX, ssi is not a size you see much of these days, they were popular in older Dell systems with custom Intel boards.
__________________
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
atx, eatx, mod, motherboard, questions

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 02:48 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.