Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Air Cooling
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 19-05-14, 12:52 PM
.Niar .Niar is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 34
Akasa Viper / Gigabyte MoBo

Hey guys,
does anybody know if the yellow of the Akasa Viper 140mm fans has the same yellow as the new Gigabyte UltraDurable line (i.e. Z97X-UD5H)? I would really love them as intake fans (need quite a bit of pressure to push the air through the harddrive-cages). If not, which fans would you suggest? I was also looking at the Spectre Pro's from Bitfenix.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 19-05-14, 12:55 PM
Wraith's Avatar
Wraith Wraith is offline
Bettyswollocks
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: On the Moon.
Posts: 7,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Niar View Post
Hey guys,
does anybody know if the yellow of the Akasa Viper 140mm fans has the same yellow as the new Gigabyte UltraDurable line? I would really love them as intake fans (need quite a bit of pressure to push the air through the harddrive-cages). If not, which fans would you suggest? I was also looking at the Spectre Pro's from Bitfenix.
You'll have to be a little more specific with the Gigabyte Motherboard? They are all UD (Ultra Durable)
If your referring to the new UD9 they are more golden than yellow.
__________________
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 19-05-14, 12:57 PM
.Niar .Niar is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithguard View Post
You'll have to be a little more specific with the Gigabyte Motherboard? They are all UD (Ultra Durable)
I'm talking about the Z97X-UD5H / Z97X-UD7H
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 19-05-14, 01:00 PM
Feronix's Avatar
Feronix Feronix is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Dungeon
Posts: 7,683
This one (UD5H-BK)?
__________________
~Rick

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 19-05-14, 01:06 PM
.Niar .Niar is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feronix View Post
This one (UD5H-BK)? [IMG]
I actually was thinking about one like this and it really looks golden to me (as Wraithguard just mentioned) but as some said they would be yellow i thought they would go nice with the akasa fans..

http://www.caseking.de/shop/catalog/...=27520&imgID=1

http://www.caseking.de/shop/catalog/...=27499&imgID=1
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 19-05-14, 01:09 PM
Feronix's Avatar
Feronix Feronix is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Dungeon
Posts: 7,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Niar View Post
I actually was thinking about one like this and it really looks golden to me (as Wraithguard just mentioned) but as some said they would be yellow i thought they would go nice with the akasa fans..

http://www.caseking.de/shop/catalog/...=27520&imgID=1

http://www.caseking.de/shop/catalog/...=27499&imgID=1
Nah mate, these really do look gold-ish. The Akasa fans are a lot more bright-yellow.

What about Corsair AF fans, buying the mobo, going to a paint shop and find the paint closest to the accents on the motherboard, and then spraying the white rings that come with the fan in that colour?

As I really can't think of any other yellow fans.

Edit; Sharkoon Shark Blades may work? No idea if the fan itself is any good though

__________________
~Rick

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 19-05-14, 01:13 PM
Wraith's Avatar
Wraith Wraith is offline
Bettyswollocks
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: On the Moon.
Posts: 7,619
This?
__________________
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 19-05-14, 01:14 PM
.Niar .Niar is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feronix View Post
Nah mate, these really do look gold-ish. The Akasa fans are a lot more bright-yellow.

What about Corsair AF fans, buying the mobo, going to a paint shop and find the paint closest to the accents on the motherboard, and then spraying the white rings that come with the fan in that colour?

As I really can't think of any other yellow fans.
Yeah, that's probably what I'm gonna do (just saw a combo-deal where i could get an AIO with the akasa fans for pretty cheap and i thought that would probably look really nice with the new gigabyte boards..), but do the AF fans provide enough pressure to go through the hard drive cage with harddrives installed? because, i think it was on LinusTechTips, i heard that you should go with high pressure fans for that purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithguard View Post
This?
Oh.. i thought the akasa fans would be a bit darker ... yeah that looks really awful :s
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 19-05-14, 01:18 PM
Feronix's Avatar
Feronix Feronix is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Dungeon
Posts: 7,683
Please use the or Multi-quote button instead of posting twice, thank you

Depends on the situation mate. Normally AF fans would be alright, even with fuller HDD cages. How many drives do you plan to put in this thing? I'd get regular AF fans (quiet editions/ undervolted) unless you plan to completely fill up the cage with HDDs.
__________________
~Rick

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 19-05-14, 01:21 PM
.Niar .Niar is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feronix View Post
Please use the or Multi-quote button instead of posting twice, thank you

Depends on the situation mate. Normally AF fans would be alright, even with fuller HDD cages. How many drives do you plan to put in this thing? I'd get regular AF fans (quiet editions/ undervolted) unless you plan to completely fill up the case with HDDs.
oh shoot i'm sorry, completely forgot about that :s
I'll look the fans up, they look pretty good
there will be 4 drives installed, so the AF fans should be fine?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
akasa, gigabyte, ud5h, viper, yellow

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 04:50 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.