Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Cooling - Other

Old 25-04-14, 10:59 PM

Swiftech h320 space issue, gpu blocked by fans

Hi, I recently found a bargain and got a Swiftech h320 for £89.99. I knew upon buying that it would fit in the front of my Corsair air 540. However, the after mounting it, I noticed that the fans would obstruct my 12 inch gpu, 290 tri-x and I could only fit both items, by removing the middle fan on the rad. Will this be ok? At the moment I'm running the rad with 2 fans, one on the top and one on the bottom and the gpu is expelling air onto the radiator?

Would I be better in returning the item and getting something smaller? Or stick with what I've got (which I would prefer considering how amazing this cooler is)

Old 26-07-14, 08:27 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to kenny01924
ive got one of these a swiftech h320 but mines fitted in a corsair 900d ive put mine in push pull totalling six fans very good watercooling unit id keep it as the shops in the uk don't seem to stock theses any more you have to go direct to swiftech what a shame it will cool your cpu with two fans .
Old 26-07-14, 09:55 PM
OC3D Elite

Yeah, it should be fine. It wont cool as well of course, but it should be sufficient for some decent overclocks.

Old 16-08-14, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliamson1121 View Post
Hi, I recently found a bargain and got a Swiftech h320 for £89.99. I knew upon buying that it would fit in the front of my Corsair air 540. However, the after mounting it, I noticed that the fans would obstruct my 12 inch gpu, 290 tri-x and I could only fit both items, by removing the middle fan on the rad. Will this be ok? At the moment I'm running the rad with 2 fans, one on the top and one on the bottom and the gpu is expelling air onto the radiator?

Would I be better in returning the item and getting something smaller? Or stick with what I've got (which I would prefer considering how amazing this cooler is)
The rad should work fine just depends how ocd you are about having a missing fan?

Tags
cooling, cpu cooler, h320, swiftech, watercooling