Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Graphics & Displays > Graphics Cards

Old 13-02-14, 01:13 PM

Exclamation GTX 780 ti getting too hot, upto 82c!

so i was playing smite, not possibly the highest graphics, ive played bf4 on this before but i played a lot of smite and in mid game it just crashed and bsod appeared, but i dont really know if THAT happened coz of the card's heat but the card as at 80c, but later i realised sli wasnt enabled, but i dont think that was a issue! ?

Old 13-02-14, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harishanim View Post
so i was playing smite, not possibly the highest graphics, ive played bf4 on this before but i played a lot of smite and in mid game it just crashed and bsod appeared, but i dont really know if THAT happened coz of the card's heat but the card as at 80c, but later i realised sli wasnt enabled, but i dont think that was a issue! ?
The 780Ti runs very hot, that's just how it is, and since you have it in a dual GPU system, whatever card is on top is going to get MUCH hotter.
Though I doubt the heat was a problem since they run up to 85c most of the time (with the stock cooler) with no problems at all.

Turning SLI on will obviously mean the second card is used, but if it was disabled when it happened then that obviously means it wasn't an SLI problem No problems at all should occur by having 2 GPU's in the system with SLI disabled. I would recommend reinstalling drivers and disable automatic restart on system failure so that if it happens again you can make a note of the error code then google that.
CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.8 w/240MM AIO Asetek, Mobo: MSI Z87 GD-65, RAM: Patriot 16GB 1866 CL9, GPU: 1x PowerColor Vega 56 Flashed to 64 @ 1570/1070 1020mV/1100mmV SSD: 256GB 850 PRO, HDD's: 1TB Samsung, 3TB Toshiba, PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W Case: Fractal Design R4 - Black
Old 13-02-14, 02:22 PM

thanks a lot man! ill get right into everything, and the prob was a bad overclock, fixed it

Old 13-02-14, 06:21 PM
OC3D Crew

Harishanim, my graphics cards overheated loading your signature banner. And they're watercooled
Old 13-02-14, 06:23 PM

bwahaha yeah im sizing em out now
*VOILA

Old 13-02-14, 06:33 PM
OC3D Crew

Merci!

Tags
graphics card, overheating, temp