Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 04-02-14, 09:53 AM
Advanced Member

Send a message via MSN to grassman
I have the Vector 128GB, Such a piece of . The thing corrupts my Windows install every 4 months. Also I get a notification that asks me to install devices that have not been installed yet. If I choose to install it, It immediately slowly deteriorates my Windows Installation. In 1-2 days it is unbootable.

Old 04-02-14, 09:58 AM

Haha at least they have some sense!
Old 04-02-14, 11:52 AM
News Guru

We need to remember here that OCZ is dead and Toshiba bought their assets, not the company or liabilities.

Toshiba are being good guys here by even giving a warranty on anything TBH, they have no legal obligation to do so.

Told a housemate of mine last night that his psu is no longer under warranty, he isn't pleased, 3 years of remaining warranty is just gone. Hopefully this will finally convince him to replace it, I've already warned him enough.
Old 08-02-14, 05:52 PM

Cool my risk is almost nil...

I knew OCZ were in financial difficulties (Bankruptcy Protection at the end of November as I remember) and noticed everything with OCZ on it was getting severely marked down in my local PC shop. So I took a flyer on Boxing Day (December 26th is a huge shopping day here in Canada) on a Vertex 3 480GB SSD for $170.

I'd bought a smaller one a year or so earlier for my son's gamer box, and it's been perfect. So I thought the risk of failure would be very slim. So with Toshiba stepping up to the bar on warranty my risk is almost nil.

Jim

Motherboard: Asus Z87-A - CPU: Intel Haswell 4770K
Cooler Master Seidon 240M - Corsair Vengeance CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10B - 128 Gig 6 Gb/s Plextor M5 Pro Xtreme - Bitfenix Ghost - PSU: Corsair TX750 -Optical: LG Blue Ray & Samsung DVD - Gigabyte GTX 560
Old 08-02-14, 07:38 PM

I'm a little surprised tbh, I had an OCZ GameXStreem 850w PSU and never had a problem with it until it was about 4 years old, and it was so full of dust and muck that you could probably stuff a rather large (but not hygienic) duvet. I didn't get around to cleaning it out as I'd already replaced it with a Corsair AX 1200, but my friend cleaned it out and has been using it without issue for about 9 months.

It's that reason that I bought their Vertex 4 SSD - were their other products really so bad?
Old 08-02-14, 08:35 PM

I've got some OCZ Reaper DDR2 memory (admittedly only got it on a whim because it was cheap in PC World) and an Agility 3 (for the same reason - on offer) and haven't had any issues with either of them so far. The RAM has to be 3 years old at least and the SSD is at least a year old. It's only used as a system drive though so even if it did fail it would be inconvenient but not the end of the world. Crystal Disk isn't showing any issues with it.
Old 08-02-14, 08:56 PM
OC3D Crew

I have three OCZ SSDs here, two of them are over three years old. Never had any problems with any of them yet. (just lucky?) Now that Toshiba is running with their factories, expect good things in the future.

Old 08-02-14, 11:15 PM
OC3D Elite

It is good news about the RevoDrives, I have them in two of my PCs. The one in my 24/7 machine has been going solidly for the last two years, has never seen the trim command yet still runs a it's peak speed.

GTX 960 owner and proud of it.
Old 09-02-14, 05:24 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaapstad View Post
It is good news about the RevoDrives, I have them in two of my PCs. The one in my 24/7 machine has been going solidly for the last two years, has never seen the trim command yet still runs a it's peak speed.
Trim only runs in downtime.. as in the windows login screen.
Old 09-02-14, 06:27 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Trim only runs in downtime.. as in the windows login screen.
It does not run on a RevoDrive, as it is really 4 SSDs in RAID0 on a PCI-E card.

Old pic of my RevoDrive having a blast

I don't like using them now as they need to go into a PCI-E slot, they are also a bit slow booting up as the card needs to initialise but once they are up and running they are quite nippy.

GTX 960 owner and proud of it.

Tags
ocz, rip, rma, ssd, toshiba